Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It was the best place to shill my lovely commissions. Good luck now if you aren't paying or botting.
Haven't really bothered making the jump to Mastadon or whatever other alternatives there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

yeah it was good for that once but things dried up over the last couple years. I wouldn't buy a thing off a blue check tho

apparently bluesky is meant to be the twitter replacement but honestly everyone i know of over there is extremely 40, and i already have a place to post with my fellow olds

Almost forgot about bluesky.
I'm just not sure where all the art has migrated to yet, I don't think there's really a consensus. It's annoying feeling like it's all been in limbo this year.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

looks like tumblr or insta, with way more patreon promotion than i saw on twitter. sucks because twitter was a really good place to post art especially if you liked chatting with people. the other sites feel like you're putting out a press release or an advert or something

See there's the rub, I mostly do NSFW which is pretty limited in where you can advertise that. Pretty sure Instagram you can't, and Tumblr I remember the whole ban on it, don't know where that's at these days.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Transaction, interaction, what's the difference?