Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

1) Choose a fandom you are in. Make sure to only choose one fandom; you don't want to be not loyal. Some popular Twitter fandoms consist of popular musicians, YouTubers, TV shows, or celebrities that are well-known and liked by young teenagers.

2) Create a clever username. Make a clever username that will make people want to follow and interact with you. Try to keep numbers and underscores out of your username and try not to use capital letters as it makes your account looks gross. Make sure the username corresponds to your fandom. Some clever usernames can include pretty & meaningful words along with your idol's first name, last name or initials.

3) Write a clever bio. Making your bio appealing will draw in followers. You may think putting all kinds of fancy fonts in your bio will make it look cooler, but it will just make your bio look messy and unprofessional. Avoid fonts at all costs. Go with something simple; an inspirational quote or song lyric is best but don't make your bio too long.

4) Create a matching layout. Make sure your Twitter header and icon match. There are many apps that you can use to create matching layouts like Superimpose & PicsArt for common pixel/8bit layouts. But, if you are not very good at matching layouts, go with a simple single shade of black and white or sepia for both.

5) Tweet in moderation. Don't be inactive, but don't tweet every 2 seconds. Your followers don't want their timelines full of only your tweets. Unless your favorite celebrity is doing a follow or tweet spree, you should only be tweeting up to 50-200 times a day. That may seem like a lot, but when you're really into Twitter, it will get hard to keep within this limit.

6) Interact with your followers. Remember, followers don't matter if they never talk to you. If you have over 10,000 followers, you should at least get anywhere from 10-100 favorites and/or 1-11 retweets minimum on most of your tweets. You do not need to interact with all of your followers, but become good friends with at least a few of them by having close mutuals (people who you follow and they follow you back) and/or being in lots of group chats.

7) Get to know the language and abbreviations commonly used on Twitter.

stan = people or things you idolize
user = username
mutuals = people that you follow and they follow you back
layout = header and icon
ratio = a comparison of your following & follower counts
threads = a collection of tweets you keep as usually your pinned tweet so you can keep your account organized
unf = unfollow
indirect = when someone mentions you without directly @ing you, usually just by saying the person's name
rt = retweet
fav= favorite
timeline= Twitter feed
tl = timeline
dm = direct message.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's not really a purchase if it's free :v:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Jillian poo poo posted:

If you don't stan for something, you stan for nothing

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

that was me doing a retweet ^

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

not even a mild gape

1/10

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

garfield hentai posted:

edit also as a bonus just to show u all how critically acclaimed my rear end is please see the following PMs i got when i posted it as a lazy banme in r/gonewild

lmao classic reddit

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Snow Cone Capone posted:

do a better one or gtfo

i only post my gapes on my onlyfans

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If you posted like poo poo it'd be an improvement

retweet

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Nooner posted:

How does he own Twitter he was all like I'm gonna buy Twitter and then was like no I'm not and then was like they weren't gonna let him buy Twitter and then I thought he didn't even want to buy it anymore and they were going to make him anyways and then he wasn't going to buy it and now he bought it?

I dont understand how business works like at all :sigh:

afaik he hasn't bought it yet.

he said he'd buy it for a price, but pulled out claiming it has too many bots or something.
so twitter sued him.
he was getting owned in the court so he said "ok ok I'll buy it for what I said" and the court was like, "aight but you've got until the end of oct to complete the deal you lil bitch"
now it's almost the end of october so he has to either buy it or the court case to make him buy it at the original price starts back up

oh yeah and the price he was gonna buy it at was a dumb af super overpriced price, which is why twitter are suing him to make it happen.

might not be 100% right but I think I hit the key points

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 26, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chrs posted:

How much was he buying it for again?

gently caress knows but it was way more that twitter would ever be worth so lmao @ musk

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

also the court that the trial was in was some mad no nonsense business court in delaware. combine that with the fact that twitters owners are also rich rear end people and that's why it looks like he might not get away with his usual musking about

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i ain't afraid of no post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Pontificating rear end posted:

Not to be pedantic, but for clarification, "stan" basically means "stand up for" as a verb, but as a noun the stan it's the idolizer.
Also, ratio is usually used with a negative connotation because posts with a lot of comments usually means the post is poorly received, so people are "ratioing" it.

take it up with wikihow i plagiarised the whole thing :sickos: