Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I forgot if it was this video or some other one that more clearly laid it out for me but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QshUPkplXxQ

Yeah I'll go with the theory that it is not just 'a dying dream' ya goofs.
Ariane is dying slowly out in space or a crashed planet (it doesn't matter) and made a promise with 'her' Elster. She's also super bioresonant. She had 'her' Elster, who is probably dead or malfunctioning now.

Ariane is somehow bioresonant to a degree that she syncs up with whatever poo poo is going on at Rotfront and the Falke unit there. Ariane can't "just dream them up", she has no actual knowledge of that place.
All Elsters innately (based on their original pattern) have a connection to Alina Seo (who is long dead), which is why the Elster you play as initially conflates her with Ariane.
Elster units are (whether really or only within a loop) being called to that facility, which is undergoing Ariane's resonant nightmare being physically inflicted upon it, to fulfil her 'promise' (presumably, "kill me when I can't be comfortably kept alive any longer").

How does an Elster over at Rotfront manage to reach an Ariane who is off dying in space somewhere? Because of supernatural stuff and bioresonance and stuff being metaphysically synced up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Ending chat

I don't see the problem even if you interpret it as a dream. The whole problem with the dream trope is that it invalidates something and this is not the case here. Even if it were a dream, it would still serve as a twisted lense that shows how their world works, and what Elster and Arianne went through. It doesn't detract or invalidate anything.

If it was classic dream trope stuff Arianne would just safely wake up in bed or something.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN1qM4f8_J0