Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The_White_Crane posted:

Okay, I finished this. I somehow missed the grenade launcher, I guess? Because I kept finding Grenade Rounds, and never found anything which fired them.

Overall, a very good game. Excellent mood, gorgeous graphics. A couple of puzzles where I would have liked slightly more clarity -- the last moon mural, for example, I wish it had been clearer which bits of the diagrams on the tarot cards corresponded to yellow and which to blue.

As a matter of personal taste, I would have preferred the story to be a little less vague and open to your interpretation, but I know many people love that stuff exactly as it is, so.

One thing I encountered but never got closure on: the first time you are on the beach, if you go left from the start point, you can find an object hidden in a little cave at the bottom of the cliff, which is "just out of reach". I assumed you could find a stick or something, but I never did, and when I was on the beach for the second time the cave was completely gone. Did anyone else see this, or find out what it was?

it was the king in yellow, the book again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The_White_Crane posted:

Oh, and did anyone else spot the reference to the Long Term Nuclear Waste Warning Program in one area? I think it's when you are descending into the mines? The ol' "this is not a place of honour," etc.?
oh yeah, with the flesh walls it was kinda potent as far as the pucker factor goes