Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I beat the game for the first time today, and then I beat it a second time. SOme stuff I did caused me to get different endings, though I'm not sure which things I did affected how much. I did spoil myself a bit about how to get the endings.

Last night, I made a save game in the Rotfront bedroom, with everything I needed to solve the final moon mural puzzle, and then I made a second save in the room before the final boss. I beat her and explored the ship a little. Then, I went away from my computer and did something else for a few couple hours and fell asleep with the game still on. This afternoon, I went back and finished it, getting the Memories middle-of-the-road ending. I did note that the "Total Game Time" was much longer than "Active Game Time" on the final summary screen.

Later today, I loaded that save in the Rotfront bedroom and got killed several times for the Ship of Theseus achievement. Then, curious as to whether all that AFK time affected my ending, I loaded up the second save and beat the boss again. I did note that my status screen showed all those triangles filled in even though I loaded the game from the second slot. I got the "Promise" ending, and the difference between total and active game time was a lot closer. So I wonder if that AFK time, the repeated dying, or both affected the ending.

Overall I'd say my play style was somewhere between balanced and aggressive. I didn't get hurt a lot or die a lot until I went back to grind the achievement

On the subject of that achievement I mentioned: Dying seems to make you more durable and has some effect on the ending. Anything else?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU