Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

had to wrap up composing this morning because i went to bed before my beloved potato finished rendering

pretty similar to others, im going with a more artistic style because i know i can't render video fast enough in a realistic style.

the ufo was going to be better but i forgot how much i stink at modeling with nodes and also i couldn't get my raycasts working in time for it to bobble up and down over the moon

link in case the embed doesn't loop correctly

https://i.imgur.com/5qUYZsG.mp4

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

i think i might be done for day 1/2?

holy poo poo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

had to wrap up composing this morning because i went to bed before my beloved potato finished rendering

pretty similar to others, im going with a more artistic style because i know i can't render video fast enough in a realistic style.

the ufo was going to be better but i forgot how much i stink at modeling with nodes and also i couldn't get my raycasts working in time for it to bobble up and down over the moon

piiiisssss! (this is good)

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

disco junkyard

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

fart simpson posted:

quick example i just slapped together with some tweaking for the volumetric atmosphere

https://giant.gfycat.com/GleefulPeacefulAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle.mp4

this was a great rec, thanks, although i could never get the volumetrics to work quite the way i wanted so just turned them way down

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

FalseNegative posted:

Any time I set Metalness to 1 they just reflected the background shader, making them nearly invisible. I think I had issues with my light sources either not being bright enough or something. I am using Cycles on Blender 3.3 LTS

here's the default cube with a noise texture connected to the roughness and a musgrave texture connected through a bump node. i also added a bevel shader just because. the view is split using a camera view vector where x values > 0 have the effects applied and < 0 don't

https://i.imgur.com/jqfWpXT.mp4

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sorry guys but ill be traveling for a few days. i still want to do all the prompts but ill be late

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm like 1/3 of the way through what I want to make for the first one but I'm going super slow learning and I have a ton of work at my job right now. I'm going to post it whenever I get it done. Meh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

I'm like 1/3 of the way through what I want to make for the first one but I'm going super slow learning and I have a ton of work at my job right now. I'm going to post it whenever I get it done. Meh

feel free to ask questions here or in the blender thread too, a bunch of us know stuff

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

Wheany posted:

here's the default cube with a noise texture connected to the roughness and a musgrave texture connected through a bump node. i also added a bevel shader just because. the view is split using a camera view vector where x values > 0 have the effects applied and < 0 don't

Thanks to everyone for the tips on metal! I'm excited to show off my day 2 tomorrow.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

FalseNegative posted:

Thanks to everyone for the tips on metal! I'm excited to show off my day 2 tomorrow.

https://devtalk.blender.org/t/cycles-apple-metal-device-feedback/21868

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Wheany posted:

Hey that's my favorite HDRI, too!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Day 3/4 - Psychedelic Alley

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

cool mate

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i somehow never considered using mushrooms

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

FalseNegative posted:

Where's Chris Pratt?

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
This hasn't really worked out as I wanted but im getting my head round stuff which is main thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s incredible

I’m super impressed by everyone’s efforts

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FalseNegative posted:

I love it, I can’t help but imagine how bad the spores would be

toiletbrush posted:

This hasn't really worked out as I wanted but im getting my head round stuff which is main thing

Super cool, dig the greebling on the walls!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

toiletbrush posted:

I love this! Really neat.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

toiletbrush posted:

This rules. I wish I had time to do this one, but work has been kicking my rear end the last couple of days. Guess I'm gonna have to be lame and claim my practice star thing counted.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 5, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

toiletbrush posted:

looks great op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im like half done with psychedelic alley, did it in an airplane. but ill have to finish it later

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Psychodelic Alley Done.

https://i.imgur.com/AUXqRM0.mp4

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 5, 2022

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Until the last frame or so it's a dead ringer for any number of 20th century warp effects in films, nice

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

distortion park posted:

Until the last frame or so it's a dead ringer for any number of 20th century warp effects in films, nice

I fooled around with the settings, and if I didn't let it get to straight lines like that it seemed like it cut off early.
I couldn't figure out how to distort the mapping of the world texture to get the stars to distort how I wanted.
Instead I put the material on a cone and stretched the hell out of it. I feel like this sort of solution is in the true spirit of old school special effects.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 5, 2022

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

definitely! could also try messing around with the camera settings or compositing for some cool and easy effects

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hell yeah

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I’m loving everything everyone is doing here! great thread fart sompson

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

I'm trying to do a bunch of these really quickly and then theoretically I can go back later in the month and make improvements if I have time.

Oceanic Wonder:

Futuristic Garden:

Extraterrestrial Relic:

Brutal Machinery:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckin sick

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Komojo posted:

I'm trying to do a bunch of these really quickly and then theoretically I can go back later in the month and make improvements if I have time.

Oceanic Wonder:

Futuristic Garden:

Extraterrestrial Relic:

Brutal Machinery:

drat dude, going for broke. That last one is especially nice.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

Komojo posted:

Oceanic Wonder:

Futuristic Garden:

Extraterrestrial Relic:

Brutal Machinery:

Awesome, especially the last one!

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

It'a funny, I spent hours on the "futuristic garden" one which is probably my least favorite, but the "brutal machinery" one probably took 30 minutes to set up. Isn't that always how it is when you're trying to make art?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Komojo posted:

It'a funny, I spent hours on the "futuristic garden" one which is probably my least favorite, but the "brutal machinery" one probably took 30 minutes to set up. Isn't that always how it is when you're trying to make art?

It do be like that tho. But that one does loving rock.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Komojo posted:

Oceanic Wonder:

Futuristic Garden:

Extraterrestrial Relic:

Brutal Machinery:

sick. agreed the last one is the coolest

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
05/ 06 - Oceanic Wonder

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
holy crap...looks really gross to touch, good job.

how the hecking poo poo do I instance stuff over a curve in Blender and control the scale/rotation of each instance? I'm trying to use a Float Curve node to control the scale across the curve but can't figure out what to plug into the Factor input - I've tried Index divided by the number of points, the Factor output of a Spline Parameter node, a billion other things, but none of it works at all how I'd expect :(

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Animated!

https://i.imgur.com/Ar45tro.mp4

Wow imgur butchered this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA