Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, Gresham! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

gresham vs Rosser is gonna be good but lol Gresham your not even the best wrestler in Strong, let alone NJPW

I mean, Okada's on the card tomorrow, so I think that skews things a bit unfairly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shouldn't that catchphrase be that they'll leave with 3 boots?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm bummed that the Briscoes/Aussie Open match is on a different card, tbh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Not familiar with S.A.T at all, they good?

They're from the early days of ROH/CZW and Impact. (SAT stands for Spanish Announce Team)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

i'm so far behind on NJPW, this is the first i'm hearing of a "night before" event, don't see anything about it on NJPW World either, how are y'all watching this?

Fite. The big Strong shows are typically PPVs on Fite these days.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ian, pls stop

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Seriously pondering signing up for the Fite+ thing for a month to watch the House Of Glory show on Saturday, if only for Dem Boys vs Aussie Open

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dorada and Bailey are great, hopefully these masked indy dudes are cool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ian... stop. One 'Yeah baby' was enough.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yoh 100% didn't need to be in that match and Shota made more sense

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is this gonna go up on World with a delay? Because it seems like the show was pretty bonkers.

Eventually, yes, I think the Nashville show went up a couple of weeks ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heads up, the pre-show is on YouTube, not Fite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRU6ghlevA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Always really funny when you can hear them working on the sound mix on the fly. Could barely hear Ian and Alex to start.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or I thought I heard Kozlov, but mostly just hearing Rehwoldt now?

Oh, wait there he is... he should probably go back to wrestling, he's good at that and bad at commentary

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

There's English commentary on the Kickoff? I'm getting Japanese.

On the NJPW English YT channel, the stream me and wicka posted.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks!

Weirdly the Japanese feed and English feed are at different places in the match.

I assume the JP is being fed to Japan then streamed from there with the commentary, whereas Ian, Alex and Matt are in the room, so it's going straight out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm glad Kylie Rae is in a place she's comfortable with.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heads up once more, btw, Aussie Open are wrestling Dem Boys on a House of Glory show tomorrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

your friend wicka posted:

Is this the only match on the kickoff?

Yep

Actually really hype for Kling Kling vs Mayu. Kilynn is legit really good, IMO, and Mayu is Mayu. And I like the gimmick of the SWA belt, I remember MiSu pitched that NJPW should do that with the IC title before the unification.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But Dick Togo is in Japan, who will interfere for the House?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...I kind of hate Alex on commentary. He's just cartoonish in his heel stuff, when it would have made more sense for him to play grudging face here because of Rocky. Plus him AND Matt is just too much.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
YOH's shorts making him look like Great Value KUSHIDA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Yoh cheated !!!!

Sneaky Style!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
LIO!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lio Rush in Roppongi 3K?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Welp, guess that's a team for the junior tag league

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Lio Rush and YOH is such a funny tag team.

Why, YOH's used to teaming with a guy who's much more interesting and charismatic?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nothing against DKC and Knight, but just MCMG vs Aussie Open would probably be better.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I've started to really like Mark, he's a big burly lad with a 'tache who just clobbers you.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Obviously Motor... Motor... um"

Thanks Alex

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

they need to make a trio with rocky and give them yet another roppongi name

I mean, they did the RPG3K finish on SHO, and YOH did the hand signal, so I think the idea is they are Roppongi 3K.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Running FTR/Aussie Open back at the Dome seems like a solid idea, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I think shota has "it" and looks quite good but I think he really needs to find himself as a wrestler

In fairness, that's the best his weird spinning facebuster thing has looked.