Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Here's hoping whoever wins the South does so with a 7-10 record (if that's possible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I know we all like meming on Brady, but going by the stat lines, he seems like the least of the Bucs problems?

like woof they gave up this to CAR
code:
              CAR   YDS  AVG   TD    LONG
D'Onta Foreman 15   118  7.9    0    60
Chuba Hubbard  9     63  7.0    1    17
And their own running game seems to have completely died

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kalensc posted:

https://twitter.com/ODonnellFox13/status/1585853823976964096?s=20&t=cHGhANtFPAb_wsrCxs-FTQ

"blaine, i am out of my depths, how does a qb cope with subpar skills and results?"

"WHOA THERE MOTHERFUCKER"

Brady was just out of a synch with the rest of the team on post game procedure.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Those same WR screens last year that we kept throwing to Brown and being horrendous, probably would have been multiple times more effective if we had used Duvernay in that role instead.

Duvernay has a good chance of becoming the best Ravens drafted WR ever. Lets hope that he at least has some of that time with the Ravens and not his next team after next year.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 28, 2022

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Nosre posted:

I know we all like meming on Brady, but going by the stat lines, he seems like the least of the Bucs problems?

like woof they gave up this to CAR
code:
              CAR   YDS  AVG   TD    LONG
D'Onta Foreman 15   118  7.9    0    60
Chuba Hubbard  9     63  7.0    1    17
And their own running game seems to have completely died

Brady's stat line will always look ok because he's still good at avoiding picks, and he throws so loving often that he'll still end up with high yardage even when it's throwing non-stop safe passes. He's benefitting from quite a few dropped picks but a lot of his bad throws end up as uncatchable dirt balls rather than something picked off.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Evrart Claire posted:

. He's benefitting from quite a few dropped picks but a lot of his bad throws end up as uncatchable dirt balls rather than something picked off.

Wow he’s turning into Donovan mcnabb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kalensc posted:

https://twitter.com/ODonnellFox13/status/1585853823976964096?s=20&t=cHGhANtFPAb_wsrCxs-FTQ

"blaine, i am out of my depths, how does a qb cope with subpar skills and results?"

"WHOA THERE MOTHERFUCKER"

lol

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Evrart Claire posted:

Brady's stat line will always look ok because he's still good at avoiding picks, and he throws so loving often that he'll still end up with high yardage even when it's throwing non-stop safe passes. He's benefitting from quite a few dropped picks but a lot of his bad throws end up as uncatchable dirt balls rather than something picked off.

Sounds about right, but minus the part about high yardage, the rest sounds like it could be a criticism of him from 2004 or so

Perhaps he's finally the game manager that critics have been saying he is for the last 21 years

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

*Borat voice* MAI WAIFE

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Can we make this the TFF background

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Statistically he's about what you'd expect this year from the phrase "a good game manager" in terms of efficiency stats. High comp%, low int%, but also low ypa and low td%. He was third in attempts going into this week though because the offense is very much in the "constant short passes instead of running" philosophy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Evrart Claire posted:

"constant short passes instead of running" philosophy.
Isnt this what Tom wanted?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
More thoughts on the Ravens:

I see people giving Roman credit but I don't. If anything this game proves our coaches' incompetence more than anything. It took our two main targets going down for us to start running plays to more guys and look at that--we looked way better! I remember a couple years ago after a game against Cincinnati the Bengals said something like(paraphrased) "The Ravens offense is easy to deal with because you know almost every single play is going to either Brown or Andrews". I think that losing Bateman and Andrews forced us into a situation where Roman's tunnel vision hadn't developed and suddenly we were calling plays made for a variety of guys, and sure enough that did the trick. And I know the Bucs were banged up but they were banged up in the first half too and it didn't help us then. I wouldn't even be surprised if the mindset of the Ravens is "Well we're paying Andrews and know he'll be around so it makes more sense to favor him". Some dumb thing like that. But who knows. It's all a good example also of why trading for more offense makes no sense for this team but we need front seven help on the defense badly.

Justice Hill should be the starter over Kenyon Drake. Hill looks VERY fast and can make something of nothing. I hope the fumble last week doesn't make Harbaugh do his stupid poo poo. If Hill is fumbling every week that's one thing but the speed threat he brings is more than enough to make up for last week's potentially ruinous fumble. Drake isn't a bad filler option but like half the time he gets stopped right at the line and I don't see that happening with Hill. Obviously Edwards is great too but who knows what his status will be now with a hamstring injury.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am happy Thumb Bridal lost.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I was also a bit skeptical about "Tom is cooked" narratives because was still seeing highlights of great deep balls and his stat lines have looked fine if underwhelming.

But last night every third or fourth throw was off, he was taking sacks, and really filled up a large portion of that stat sheet in quasi-garbage time. And it'll probably only get worse as the season goes on!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Dude is good and cool. Pay him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Yeah I was also a bit skeptical about "Tom is cooked" narratives because was still seeing highlights of great deep balls and his stat lines have looked fine if underwhelming.

But last night every third or fourth throw was off, he was taking sacks, and really filled up a large portion of that stat sheet in quasi-garbage time. And it'll probably only get worse as the season goes on!

I don't think he makes it through the season tbh

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gisele said if he lost tonight that was the final straw and well

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Codependent Poster posted:

Gisele said if he lost tonight that was the final straw and well

Turns out you're right!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/28/report-tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-divorce-to-become-official-today/

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I prefer qbs who win :sad:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

WalletBeef posted:

*Borat voice* MAI EX WAIFE

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
He also had at least 3 passes that were directly to defenders but dropped. It could've been way worse.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jivesauce posted:

He also had at least 3 passes that were directly to defenders but dropped. It could've been way more hilarious

Ftfy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Black Sunshine posted:

There's absolutely not a goddamn thing that's funny about Brady winning another Superbowl.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Hear me out here. Tom Brady's juice company and personal trainer are the BALCO in some massive PED scandal. Is the massive media backtrack funnier if he has 7* Super Bowls or 8* Super Bowls?

Lance Armstrong continues to be hilarious, but it would still probably be funnier if he had won another Tour de France.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Let Brady retire in misery for a failed Gov run after Ron Desantis falls to failure Trump Presidential bid

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
dont make me tap the sign

Black Sunshine posted:

There's absolutely not a goddamn thing that's funny about Brady winning another Superbowl.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It turns out the Jaguars are still the Jaguars.

Also Russ can still cook. More of a simmer, but hey.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
russ winning and dragging us along is pretty funny for this season

keep climbing

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Guess we aren’t going to get to see Walmart guy leave Hackett to bleed out in a London alley

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the real star of that game seems to be someone called Travis

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't believe I watched this garbage

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

HyperPuma posted:

russ winning and dragging us along is pretty funny for this season

keep climbing

He can't inflict the maximum amount of comedy unless he occasionally shows signs of turning it around, so I approve of this

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the real star of that game seems to be someone called Travis
Agreed. His friend Trevor is a bust.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Maybe the best complete game of Tua's career today.

29/36
382 yards
3 TD
0 INT

No weird boneheaded throws, slid when he scrambled. I'm going to adopt him as my son.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
run the ball. run the ball. you need Two Yards, lions. run the—gently caress—LEARN—FROM YOUR MISTAKES

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

did Carr get hurt or something?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Goooo Biiiiiiiirds!

Gooooooo Biiiiiiirds!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AndrewP posted: