Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Evrart Claire posted:

He’s not without his flaws and I think sitting on the bench for awhile caused him to mature some but I do think he was written off too quickly based on his time on an extremely bad Jets offense.

Part of me thinks he would have gotten another shot sooner if he was white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Another 200 yard masterpiece from King Henry.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I can't believe you would suggest this

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Evrart Claire posted:

He’s not airing it out like the top guys but he had 8ypa coming into today and had a couple good deep shots get dropped this game.

The NO and Detroit games when he had a bunch of long completions on blown coverage still have an outsized impact on his stats.

Like, these are fine stats, especially if the team is winning and you don’t need more than this, but you’re not going to break the bank for 200 yards and 2TDs a game. If he keeps playing this way I’m sure Seattle will resign him to a modest deal because he’s a good fit for what Pete wants the offense to do.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This season kicks so much rear end. Geno!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He has 212 yards on 34 attempts. He’s game managing the poo poo out of things. He’s the guy Teddy Bridgewater was supposed to be.

IMO good game managers are often underrated.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

I agree. I remember him getting that “run first qb” label by media in draft talks despite him only having a significant amount of runs his first year starting of 3 when the team was still operating the playbook designed for Pat White.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

IMO good game managers are often underrated.

For sure. A lot of teams would be much better right now if they had one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

In fairness, he also had the stink of the New York Jets on him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

geno's guys are being told to drop a deep pass here and there if they don't desperately need it, to keep his future salary down and allow them flexibility in the qb room

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Cavauro posted:

geno's guys are being told to drop a deep pass here and there if they don't desperately need it, to keep his future salary down and allow them flexibility in the qb room

I appreciate teams taking a creative approach to cap management

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two full months into the season. Every East team is on pace to make playoffs

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Game manager isn’t inaccurate but with the current state of QBs in the league there’s also only maybe like 5 qbs playing better right now.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
the lions desperately need any talent on the back end of the defense, its just sad.

also yay falcons, enjoy 1st place in the NFC South

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The division-leading Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons, and Minnesota Vikings, just as we all predicted pre-season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1586864791028498432

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The only thing about Tua that isn't awesome is that his resurgence is benefitting an organization that did everything it could to destroy him mentally and physically.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also his noodle arm.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
loving HELL

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1586876057046876160

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
goddamn

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:drat:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it’s fascinating how universally disliked Wilson is

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
steelers are just a ruthlessly terrible team. highest paid defense in the league can't stop anyone, toting the worst oc in the league, overall very poor coaching, a first round pick rb who's a gigantic bust and a first round qb who doesn't have a chance if they don't shitcan the oc ASAP. i wish they were funny bad to watch instead of straight up boring as poo poo bad to watch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

it’s fascinating how universally disliked Wilson is

As universally panned a response to the guy as when that Starbucks CEO floated a presidential run

Mega64
May 23, 2008

loving love it.

Funny thing is, he was having a bad day early on between a fumble and a dropped TD pass, but Geno Smith is a leader, the type of player worthy of at least one MVP vote, and talked up Lockett enough that he bounced back and got a TD pass.

This Seahawks team is just so much more likeable now that Russ is gone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

As universally panned a response to the guy as when that Starbucks CEO floated a presidential run

HOWARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLJtMwXkdz4

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

fsif posted:

Also his noodle arm.

His noodle arm loving rocks. He’s the anti-Henne and yet so much better.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That's terrifying given the Steelers offense has yet to score 21 points this season

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

On one hand, the 4th quarter of the Panthers-Falcons game was amazing.

On the other, both teams have no business being NFL teams.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
One of those two teams is in first place!

It would have been the Panthers if Moore kept his helmet on.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

TheBizzness posted:

One of those two teams is in first place!

It would have been the Panthers if Moore kept his helmet on.

Pineiro missed a 31 yarder in overtime, so the unpenalized XP is no given!

Nov 6, 2002

So how the hell did the Raiders not even score a single point? Did they never get in FG range, turn the ball over in the redzone or keep going for it on 4th?

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

So how the hell did the Raiders not even score a single point? Did they never get in FG range, turn the ball over in the redzone or keep going for it on 4th?

They didn't cross midfield until there was only a few minutes left in the game. They could've kicked a field goal at the end but that's really lame so they tried to go for 6 instead and ended up running out of time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Roasted Donut posted:

steelers are just a ruthlessly terrible team. highest paid defense in the league can't stop anyone, toting the worst oc in the league, overall very poor coaching, a first round pick rb who's a gigantic bust and a first round qb who doesn't have a chance if they don't shitcan the oc ASAP. i wish they were funny bad to watch instead of straight up boring as poo poo bad to watch

najee is a bust?

Nov 6, 2002

He's a JAG who gets tons of carries.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

acidx posted:

They didn't cross midfield until there was only a few minutes left in the game. They could've kicked a field goal at the end but that's really lame so they tried to go for 6 instead and ended up running out of time.

Funny enough, Gruden would have kicked the FG there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

najee is a bust?

With the caveat that the Steelers line is trash, he’s pretty forgettable.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Steelers lose but at what cost

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Given how dead the WR group is in Green Bay gotta say I'm shocked they put up 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
It's something of a relief that the Bills offense can play like poo poo for a quarter and a half and we still win by two scores.

But :wtc: Josh!