Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

mastershakeman posted:

najee is a bust?

he stinks. he's got trent richardson-esque vision and a udfa rookie in jaylen warren vastly outperforms him on the field. don't take a running back in the first round, especially when your offensive line blows anyways. just an astoundingly bad pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Showed up at the bar tonight before SNF, my date was a little late.

Older couple sits down at the bar next to my date’s seat. It’s Tom Brady’s parents.

My date doesn’t know football so I start explaining it from the top, and Tom Brady Sr starts chiming in with some stuff here and there. Then he tells my date “I’ve seen a lotta football and [FA]’s doing a great job.”

I said “thanks, Mr Brady, I appreciate it,” and he chuckled that I recognized him.

So that was cool.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Roasted Donut posted:

steelers are just a ruthlessly terrible team. highest paid defense in the league can't stop anyone, toting the worst oc in the league, overall very poor coaching, a first round pick rb who's a gigantic bust and a first round qb who doesn't have a chance if they don't shitcan the oc ASAP. i wish they were funny bad to watch instead of straight up boring as poo poo bad to watch

Can we finally admit Najee is Trent Richardson 2.0?

Edit: saw I was beaten with that comp. Still stand by it though. I watched a lot of NFL Trent and boy howdy does Najee look like him. At first glance, he runs hard, blocks well, catches well. What's not to like? But the more you watch the more you realize that every run seems to go for less than it should. Every catch seems to end with him falling down at first contact. Just overall doing...nothing with the opportunities.

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 31, 2022

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Fate Accomplice posted:

Older couple sits down at the bar next to my date’s seat. It’s Tom Brady’s parents.

My date doesn’t know football so I start explaining it from the top, and Tom Brady Sr starts chiming in with some stuff here and there. Then he tells my date “I’ve seen a lotta football and [FA]’s doing a great job.”

I said “thanks, Mr Brady, I appreciate it,” and he chuckled that I recognized him.

So that was cool.

Every time there is a story about Brady’s family Wikipedia reminds me that his sister married Kevin Youkilis which is the most Boston thing possible

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Fate Accomplice posted:

So that was cool.

"You remind me of my son! He also prioritizes football far above the interests of the women in his life."

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kalensc posted:

"You remind me of my son! He also prioritizes football far above the interests of the women in his life."

lol

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

kalensc posted:

God drat.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Roasted Donut posted:

steelers are just a ruthlessly terrible team. highest paid defense in the league can't stop anyone, toting the worst oc in the league, overall very poor coaching, a first round pick rb who's a gigantic bust and a first round qb who doesn't have a chance if they don't shitcan the oc ASAP. i wish they were funny bad to watch instead of straight up boring as poo poo bad to watch

To be fair these Steelers are missing their best defensive player TJ Watt. That makes a huge difference. You absolutely must have that guy on the front seven who can cause havoc all by himself and disrupt the passing game if he's not given extra attention. That changes everything. That's what a team like the Ravens doesn't have which is maybe the biggest reason why their defense is so inconsistent despite a talented secondary.

Front seven is more important than secondary. Spending boatloads of cash on defensive backs is pointless if you've got nothing up front. A QB hurry into a turnover or sack(or even a fumble) only needs to happen once to mess up a drive. While coverage has to work every play to do the same thing. And with teams having so many solid receiving options including TEs it's a lot harder than it was in the old days. So even if you have a good secondary it's not going to matter if your front isn't getting a rush because the good QBs are going to be able to find who's open. It's not like the old days where TEs were mainly blockers and 2-WR sets were more common. So while it's still good to have a guy who can match up against the star WRs, it's pointless to do what the Ravens have done and sink resources into the secondary thinking that will result in more turnovers by itself. Because it won't.

So that's why the Steelers defense has gone south. They will be better if Watt is in.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 31, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kalensc posted:

:drat:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Holy drat

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1586938840660451329

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wait, so he's completed one pass over 30 yards in the air ?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

wait, so he's completed one pass over 30 yards in the air ?

One pass down the sidelines it seems. Every other deep ball he's completed has been in the middle of the field.

Like I know he's hit a few of those at least, although not as many as you'd want. Fairly obviously.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

One pass down the sidelines it seems. Every other deep ball he's completed has been in the middle of the field.

Like I know he's hit a few of those at least, although not as many as you'd want. Fairly obviously.

oh I missed the "outside the numbers" bit

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hey what’s up with the Rams? Why they so bad?

I know they lack speed at receiver but they still have Kupp and Robinson. And most of all they have McVay, go invent some drat offense

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mcvay machine broke

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Should have kept OBJ.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

His goof-ups get the most attention but the thing that actually makes Jimmy frustrating on a play-to-play basis is this kinda stuff. Huge chunks of the field are just totally out of play for the Niners because he doesn't want to throw there and couldn't do it successfully if he tried.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AndrewP posted:

I know they lack speed at receiver but they still have Kupp and Robinson. And most of all they have McVay, go invent some drat offense

Basically the entire o line from last year is retired or hurt. That's kinda the whole story imo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Also stafford has a noodle arm because he didn’t want to get surgery

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bucs and Rams offensive woes are similar. Olines decimated early in the season and now they can't pass or run block and the two creaky QBs can't get the ball to the playmakers.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Imagine how much better the Packers would be if they’d drafted Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman instead of Jordan Love.

- Someone who definitely isn’t Aaron rodgers leaving notes at the GM desk

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Jalen Hurt's throws to AJ Brown were spooktacular. I haven't seen many Eagles highlights but those throws were just perfect.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheoAshNFL/status/1586850297791492096?s=20&t=DGGbWnF4kdg0Aura0cUWxA

Hell yeah

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Roasted Donut posted:

Isn't the cavet of them being the highest paid defense that most of that money was spent on TJ Watt?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Bucs and Rams offensive woes are similar. Olines decimated early in the season and now they can't pass or run block and the two creaky QBs can't get the ball to the playmakers.

And they play each other this week!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://mobile.twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1586811817782804483

Everyone's roasting Moore for the helmet thing but their kicker couldn't hit a 31-yard FG, closer than an XP

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UrinatingTree/status/1586811817782804483

Everyone's roasting Moore for the helmet thing but their kicker couldn't hit a 31-yard FG, closer than an XP
lmao :perfect:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AndrewP posted:

They can't block or run the ball

McVay is extremely overrated

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Or their OL is worse than last year because of player turnover?

McVey is definitely overrated because he's talked about as if he invented the forward pass, but I don't know how many of the offensive issues are his fault vs. natural regression from last season.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Or their OL is worse than last year because of player turnover?

McVey is definitely overrated because he's talked about as if he invented the forward pass, but I don't know how many of the offensive issues are his fault vs. natural regression from last season.

Yeah, it's also worth noting that their losses have been against the Bills, the Niners x2 and the Cowboys, ie three of the best defenses in the league. They're still worse than they have been in the past because of the line and Stafford grinding his elbow into dust, but I don't think things are as bleak as those games make it seem.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

kalensc posted:

good lord lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

every single starting o-lineman from last year is not playing in the current line-up due to retirements/injuries. they're just now starting to get a few guys back. there's no team in the league that's just gonna shrug that off. add to that they lost their receiving options outside of Kupp, Stafford trying to (stupidly) play through an injury issue and yea that teams gonna struggle against competent defense

he might be overrated in that he's not the greatest offensive mind of all time, but he built an offense that got Goff to the superbowl and he won one last year. feels safe to say he's a very good coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hot take but McVay can come suck rear end in Carolina.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Nice! posted:

Should have kept Goff

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ehhh. I’m not so sure of that. Injured stafford is comparable to Goff. Goff doesn’t win the superbowl last year though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hey look, we're the Denver Broncos.
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1587138730678173697

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The nega-lions. The Walions.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1587153963849289728?t=ZwKuitHoBZhWmrwz7rjWvw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shouldn’t have played Thursday. The Ravens play on MNF and then have a bye but it sounds like Bateman will still need time after that.

Ravens need to get DJ Moore somehow