Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

lolll

also absurd bc the o-line is decent, the running game is good, there's a few talented receivers but there's one monstrously big dumb dumb at qb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The bears immediately tanking after drafting Justin Fields continues to be amazing

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1587164002735505408

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The bears immediately tanking after drafting Justin Fields continues to be amazing

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1587164002735505408
Is trading away a non-premium position that they dont want to hang a ton of cap on "tanking" when they need an OL, WRs, and other pieces on D?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is trading away a non-premium position that they dont want to hang a ton of cap on "tanking" when they need an OL, WRs, and other pieces on D?

Now do the part where they traded a 2nd round tackle and defensive end aren't taking.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Now do the part where they traded a 2nd round tackle and defensive end aren't taking.
Ah yeah you got me there, I forgot about the OT. Though he has a scary history of back injuries, right? I could see wanting to get something for the guy when you werent the one that drafted him.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Still LOL, no LMAO about DJ Moore's penalty yesterday causing his team to lose.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the Bears aren’t exactly cap strapped, if they hope to fill their roster by overpaying FAs, we’ll ask the jags how that works out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the Bears aren’t exactly cap strapped, if they hope to fill their roster by overpaying FAs, we’ll ask the jags how that works out

They also have a large number of picks in rounds 1-5.

They just don't want to spend 20 million on an off-ball linebacker.

I probably would have, but I am never going to be vehemently against a team as bereft of talent at important positions as the Bears from just getting a bunch of picks for someone who isn't at one of those positions.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CharlestheHammer posted:

They have 75m in dead cap before the Roquan trade and 11m of available space. Assuming they were going after some FAs that they didnt land this year, 11m is not a ton of space. So yeah next year they might go wild on FAs and be Jaguars-esque about it, but the new regime cant much help being gifted a mostly barren roster with bad contracts. Other than Mooney I dont think they have many players to extend so I'm not sure what they'll do with it.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tbf, especially if Fields keeps improving, they probably won't have to overpay too much for anyone. It's not like Jacksonville, where the NFLPA explicitly warned players against signing there and then they hired Meyer; it's a team in a big market that's been been bad but doesn't necessarily have any insurmountable barriers to getting better.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1587169776576741377?t=li3YWgPiB1qYOEl7n28mmw&s=19

If the Ravens just use this as a short term rental...

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Pay a 2 and a 5 for a rental and get a probably 3rd as a comp pick? Wouldn’t hate it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Mosely still in the Jets

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They have 75m in dead cap before the Roquan trade and 11m of available space. Assuming they were going after some FAs that they didnt land this year, 11m is not a ton of space. So yeah next year they might go wild on FAs and be Jaguars-esque about it, but the new regime cant much help being gifted a mostly barren roster with bad contracts. Other than Mooney I dont think they have many players to extend so I'm not sure what they'll do with it.

They will have over 100 mil in space next year. They have the most cap in the league by far

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Lighter posted:

Tbf, especially if Fields keeps improving, they probably won't have to overpay too much for anyone. It's not like Jacksonville, where the NFLPA explicitly warned players against signing there and then they hired Meyer; it's a team in a big market that's been been bad but doesn't necessarily have any insurmountable barriers to getting better.

I doubt FAs are as weak to homerism about their young QBs

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeah and looking at PFR he is actually #2 in total tackles on the season...behind Roquan Smith

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He is but he missed 2 full seasons (opted out of covid year, injured the next) and sucks now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I posted a youtube detailing Queen's shortcomings during the draft and got roasted I think by Ross

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Queen's been playing a lot better for most of this year. We just don't have anyone to play across from him. The injury to Marcus Williams/Josh Bynes lead to this more than anything - forcing us out of the 3 safety looks that got touted in the preseason. Plus Odafe is playing a lot of what Bowser would play.

Bowser coming back and Smith coming in would put a lot more people at their more natural positions.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I have to imagine thats what it is. We still have to pay or try to pay Lamar

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Kawalimus posted:

I have to imagine thats what it is. We still have to pay or try to pay Lamar

It's a good question, if the Ravens won't pay Lamar, who will? Colts, Texans?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

trilljester posted:

49ers, Bears, Lions, Buccaneers, Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Giants, Football Team, Raiders, Texans, Colts, Titans, Steelers, Dolphins, Patriots or Jets to start.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

trilljester posted:

Lots of teams. Its true hes inconsistent but hes shown enough that teams will want to have him especially if what they have is currently worse. Its either pay Lamar or lose him.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

CharlestheHammer posted:

I doubt FAs are as weak to homerism about their young QBs

I think the point is that, like the Jets, if the Bears are willing to pay there are plenty of players who would be happy to take it regardless of how good the team is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh yeah free agents just care about money(generally)

The other things come into play if the money is roughly equal.

Unless they're at the end of their career and just seeking a ring or want to live in a specific city or play with a friend.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

I posted a youtube detailing Queen's shortcomings during the draft and got roasted I think by Ross

I don't think I've ever had an opinion on Patrick queen

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I don't think I've ever had an opinion on Patrick queen

I had it in my head that he went to SDSU for some reason ignore me that was in 2020 during the black age

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Imagining a beautiful world where Sean Payton comes back to the saints with the allure of a Lamar Jackson starting QB.

There must be a world like that out there, and I will find it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The DJ Moore thing: I doubt any panther fan gives a gently caress tbh. That level of passion and how loving pumped he was to hit that td showed something we haven't seen since like 2015. A player giving a gently caress.

It was nice to have that back on the team.

Pinero missing 2 kicks is why we lost, but again I dont care because we need a QB and a high pick and I'd rather be right in games through the team playing together and lose and keep the future bright.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Remember when the seahawks were chided for not drafting queen and drafting jordyn brooks instead. Is queen bad? Brooks is not great but not terrible

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

he's been better this year and generally has his moments, but overall not a great first round pick

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

AndrewP posted:

Pay a 2 and a 5 for a rental and get a probably 3rd as a comp pick? Wouldn’t hate it

Unless they sign any noteworthy FA. If they do, it'll be cancelled out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
QB rankings gonna be difficult tonight

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BlindSite posted:

The DJ Moore thing: I doubt any panther fan gives a gently caress tbh. That level of passion and how loving pumped he was to hit that td showed something we haven't seen since like 2015. A player giving a gently caress.

It was nice to have that back on the team.

Pinero missing 2 kicks is why we lost, but again I dont care because we need a QB and a high pick and I'd rather be right in games through the team playing together and lose and keep the future bright.

Remember the letter to the editor about Cam gyrating all over the field? There are definitely fans that care, it’s just a question of if they’re people whose opinion you should give a poo poo about

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh yeah there's always going to be clowns who just have to honk their horn.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/6Blackhawks/status/1587183968155308033

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Amazing

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
appreciate the Bears doing that right before the Dolphins game

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi friends. Burrow is a fraud, apologies to the Dak Stan from earlier this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Thank god Flores didn’t take the bribes or we’d have ended up with Burrow.