Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I don't know, but I'd have to figure out a lot more about which is which to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Not a fan of murder ballads?

The song's over 300 years old but the title of it is semi-spoilerish so don't go looking it up if you don't know it.

I had a similar half-frustrated, half-intrigued reaction that I think others have had with this game. From the sound of it, it seems the other games are along the same lines. It's a nonsensical version of what it's imitating (a criminal? investigation), but without the conceit you don't have the game, and the game itself is still enjoyable.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Beefeater1980 posted:

Is there any clue that shows if you’re talking to H or not-H? Verbal tic, choice of clothes, etc? I don’t really see anything in the clips we’ve seen so far.

Didn't one of them have a big-rear end tattoo on her left arm?

Look at the top of Session 3. Where she's talking about the fancy mirror. Short-sleeve shirt, but no tattoo.

Then later on, she refuses coffee and asks for water, and there's a tattoo.

Hmm.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly, if there are twins and they keep randomly being the one who talks to the police, that would be one hell of a way to cause a mistrial. If the police can't be certain of who said what, a lot of the evidence kind of goes bad.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Good thoughts everyone, thanks. Also always nice to get a new page and mitigate the image spam. .

Kangra posted:

Not a fan of murder ballads?

Nope. I figured it was probably a real song, and I tolerate basically any kind of music, being eclectic and all. But when it's - in my opinion anyway - out of place like it is here, it just makes me go 'wait .... what?'

Quackles posted:

Didn't one of them have a big-rear end tattoo on her left arm?

Good catch. I didn't notice that for some reason, but I wonder if it's something less permanent? In any case, many of the interviewers have longer sleeves so we can't tell if it's there anyway, so I'm not sure how practically helpful that will be.

Keldulas posted:

, if there are twins and they keep randomly being the one who talks to the police, that would be one hell of a way to cause a mistrial. If the police can't be certain of who said what, a lot of the evidence kind of goes bad.

Yeah that would make me pull my hair out, then have it put back in place so I could pull it out again.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 5

Ok then *cracks knuckles*. I want to see if I can get some sense of when she starts talking about Hannah as being a different person, and not herself.

18 hits. 16 are in that last interview - or later, if there are more of them. 1st one is the beginning of the first day, when she gives them her name for the first time. 3rd one is that lie detector bit. But we've got three more here to investigate.

June 30th, fourth of the six interviews. There's more action than words in this clip.

Softly, then shaking her head afterwards.

We have another name. Lacking a better explanation for the moment, I'm going with 'Eve is the person or personality I've been referring to as Not-Hannah'.

Notice the fingers on the table. Here she taps a few times rapidly with the second finger on her right hand, then the same on her left hand, then repeats with each hand in succession a few times.

Whispered, breathy. A few seconds later, there's the sound of a a door opening, and then later closing. This immediately snaps her out of this - apparently the interviewers had left the room for some amount of time, and she was talking to herself here. She tries to regain her composure, and appears to be only partially successful.

Did she really not know this is being recorded, or was something that happened earlier in this interview session stressful enough that she couldn't maintain composure?

This clip lasts 48 seconds, even though there's only a handful of words spoken. Obviously we want to search Eve now, but we have a couple more from the July 3rd interview to go yet on the Hannah search.

Shakes her head briefly, strums her fingers on the table.

Possibly identical twins, super-great. There's an air, not oppressively but it's there IMO, of explaining something to someone beneath her intelligence. There's a particular condescension on 'same time'. I'm thinking this is Eve, and the other 'version' is Hannah, and the police are asking her to explain this. But the way this is going, I'd be hard pressed to be certain of my own name.

And Florence. Another one to the list of people we can investigate.

Glances upwards suddenly twice; between 'cord' and 'probably' and then also on the word 'by'. Then smiles a bit and bites her lower lip.

Possibly-Eve here really seems to like cocking her head to the side like this when she wants to be particularly condescending.

Raises eyebrows at the end of this, matter-of-factly.

Can this story get any weirder?? Seriously.

Continues looking to the side for this line and the next one ...

I'm at the point where I'm not sure I want to know any more.

Another one. This time it's accompanied by a change in music. The game is trying harder to get our attention. It's probably safe at this point to go with 'this isn't a hallucination' or 'it's a really, really good hallucination'. We are meant to realize that these are instead reflections. We are seeing ourselves in the monitor - why it doesn't happen more often or goes away is ... unclear. But if so, we are a civilian.

This is about 6-7 minutes after the previous clip. Says 'mmmm' and smiles at the start here.

Who recognized you from the window? Also what happened after you were born and your parents thought you were dead? What did Florence the midwife do with you then? Arghhh!!!!

*Enhancing my calm*

Looks down until 'she hid me'.

Looking down for most of this. Hard to tell when you're looking for anything, but seems a little more unsure here.

Wait, so Probably-Eve here is saying Hannah hid her in an attic, while young enough to be playing with a dollhouse, and nobody knew she was there? I'm calling this an avalanche of bullshit.

Checking timestamps, this is about half an hour before she asks for a lawyer (from the Session 1 update) and is all 'these stories we've been telling each other are just that. Stories'. There's part of me that thinks Probably-Eve was just enjoying telling this story to see how the police would react to it. See if she could get them to buy it. Strikes me as the kind of person who would 100% do that.

New Clips - 3
Completion - 24/271, 8.9%

Strategic Sage fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 7, 2022

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Seems like a pretty straightfoward* dead twin manifesting as split personality/ghost possession/hallucination. If that's the case, then I think "hiding her" is likely more psychological than physical (as in, she suppresses Eve normally but "lets her out" in the attic).

Eve meaning "life" seems a bit on-the-nose, but hey, it's fiction.

*...if you play a lot of mystery VNs

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Strategic Sage posted:

if so, we are a civilian.

Or perhaps we're just DS Goon, a plain-clothes detective ordered to do the tedious bits.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
IIRC Eve was the name of one of the first recorded cases of a separate personality (though in reality it's so rare we aren't sure it even really exists).

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

mycelia posted:

My experience with them is that I know they exist. That's literally it.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

mycelia posted:

Seems like a pretty straightfoward* dead twin manifesting as split personality/ghost possession/hallucination. If that's the case, then I think "hiding her" is likely more psychological than physical (as in, she suppresses Eve normally but "lets her out" in the attic).

Eve meaning "life" seems a bit on-the-nose, but hey, it's fiction.

Believing this requires ignoring the tattoo evidence as well as confusing which side of her face has a bruise.

Fun facts:
Eve and Hannah are both palindromes.
Twins and mirrors are clearly a theme.

Something I didn't pay much attention to until this LP:
As noted at the start of the game, this game is set on 16/06/2022 (the in-game time is not your system time).
The interviews are set in late June and early July, 1994.
The first interview is 18/06/1994, where Simon is reported missing (not yet dead).

It seems intentional to me that the 'present day' is 18 years after Simon's death almost to the day.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 8, 2022

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

28, 28 years.

It was in the 90s and now we are in the coughing twenties, sorry, you're old now, we all are.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 6

On to Eve. This should be 'fun'.

Interesting. Two hits we can't get to, but three of them are continuous, in the same session before she laments 'what are you doing talking about Eve' while the police are out of the room.

Let's get crackin'.

Now we have a third possibility for who Eve is. Friend, to go with Alternate Personality and Twin. Completely Made Up Figment of Hannah's Imagination ought to be a contender also.

Emphasis on 'hate'.

Raises eyebrows on 'I mean', a bit of emphasis on 'really'. Jealousy never goes out of style.

Pauses, looks down and to the right in between 'Yes' and 'we'd fight'.

Looks a bit to the side, mostly down for the next several pictures.

Looks down at her hands, demonstrating the memory with this gesture. Raises eyebrows a bit and soft emphasis on 'kept'.

Pauses for a couple seconds between 'moment' and 'I'. Shakes her head after 'her' and again after the end of the line.

Throws up her hands a bit here, then returns to normal speaking cadence.

Runs her finger along her forearm, back and forth a couple of times.

Softer, awkwardly with a weak smile on 'made up afterwards'.

I wonder what that was like. 'Sorry I tried/pretended/threatened to kill you, we're really besties and I won't do it again unless you make me mad?'

Continuing immediately afterwards. Inhales sharply before and after this.

Looks to the side and emphasizes 'taxi driver' with surprise here. Emphasis on 'paid' as well.

All that effort, ruined by a taxi driver.

'told the police' is a little slower with emphasis. Rolls her eyes afterwards.

Raises eyebrows after this.

Looks up at the interviewer after 'Eve'.

The part we already saw with the police out of the room and Hannah talking to herself, saying 'why are you talking about Eve' starts about 35 seconds after this clip ends.

Shakes her head leading up to biting her lip here.

That's it. This clip lasts a whole six seconds. The timing on this; it ends 20 seconds before the one we saw last time, where she describes her birth, the midwife, her parents being told she was dead.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 28/271, 10.3%

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This just gets more and more hosed up, we may be venturing into serial killer level of deranged.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

bewilderment posted:

Telling Lies is the one I haven't played, because it's issue is that rather than short clips, like Her Story, or mid-length movie shots like Immortality, you're instead watching looooong clips of one-sided conversations than you can search through, or scrub back to the beginning of.

It means you have the choice of either playing the game like it wants you to (quickly jumping between conversations trying to find threads) or playing the game in a way that would actually make sense as an investigator (just watching each side of the conversation all the way through) and creates an uncomfortable tension so that doing it either way feels like you're not doing it right.

Immortality's midlength clips means its much more reasonable to jump into a clip, hit the 'jump to start' button, let it play out, and then go searching back through it.

I HAVE played Telling Lies and....yeah, yeah, this is an issue. There isn't a 'jump to start' button either!

Knowing that Immortality doesn't have that problem is a big relief though. Think I'll try to play that maybe.

As a nerd about murder ballads, I can incidentally say that a)it's interesting to see how that bit reads if you don't have the background knowledge I did when I watched a LP of this and b)'the wind and rain' is a refrain that is different in different versions of that song. (It's not uncommon in some Scottish folk songs to have something like that, I think. Sheath and Knife is another example, and one that's arguably more hosed up.) Someone else mentioned that bringing up the most common title might(?) be a spoiler, so I'll wait until the first bit of the song is told to link some cool covers of it. It's a good song!

t3isukone fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 9, 2022

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 7

I wasn't sure what to search next, so I went for some more proper nouns. There was the place where Simon went to drink sometimes, the Rockington Arms or Rock for short. The full name unsurprisingly gave nothing new, but 'Rock' did better, giving us three more clips we haven't seen yet. That means it's an opportunity to confuse ourselves further.

Back to the first interview. This is only about three minutes after she first gives them her name.

She sounds very robotic here.

A brief glance to the side only here. I should add the days of the week to my list of searches.

Occasionally looking down, otherwhise looking straight ahead-left. I think maybe there is only one interviewer at this early stage?

Eric is a new name to check, and possibly another bite at Simon's professional life. Shakes her head here at 'didn't show' and speaks more softly.

Looks to the side through this line.

A little more animated with the head movements.

Looks down and to the right through this.

Shakes her head at the start, then a brief pause after morning.

Louder with emphasis, crescendoing at the last two words.

Much softer spoken again.

Putting together the timeline, this is Sunday, about two days since she last saw Simon. That seems reasonable to me. Friday the 16th then was the last time Hannah spoke to him - again assuming she's telling the truth and actually is Hannah, and so on.

Shakes her head briefly, then cocks it to the side like this.

Whispered, barely audible. 13 seconds after this ends is the bit where she gives her name and address. We've already seen that one.

Jumping forward a week to the second (?) interview.

Looks up and to the left here, apparently after hearing the latest question.

Gesturing, smiling weakly at one point.

Leaning in a bit and emphasizing the first word. Also looking back and forth at the now-two interviewers, so it would seem only the first interview was done by one. We've already passed the 'boring missing persons report' stage.

Looks to the left, then shakes her head a little more strongly than usual. Pause after 'I don't know', and speaks softly here.

Forward again to the 30th. Shakes her head slightly at the start.

Pause between 'three' and 'four', like she's remembering when it happened.

Well, if nobody else has been in the house, how'd the body get in the cellar?

Feels natural and steady here. Let's see if there's anything more about the specific people mentioned in passing. When we first heard of the Rock, we were told Peter and Susan were the owners. Neither show up more than the one time. There was also a mention of Helen the barmaid.

I thought that would be another dead end, but it wasn't. The second clip appears to be immediately after the first one where we learn about these people, gap is only 15 seconds.

Shaking her head a bit here on 'no', then a pause.

Gestures a bit, pauses after 'but'.

Quite soft here, espescially at the end. Pause between the two lines.

Infidelity hasn't come up, and I'm not sure how much to read into this. It just seems ... notable, at the very least. She mentions he likes blondes but isn't a blonde herself. She is smiling here a bit though and I don't get the impression there is any bitterness in the statement.

A few more related terms added to the list at any rate. I think I want to investigate the other two names of specific people next: Eric who appears to be a work colleague of some kind, and Florence the midwife from when Hannah/Eve was/were born.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 32/271, 11.8%

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 8

It seems Eric is a person of moderate importance; 14 hits. The first three all come from that opening interview.

How non-specific.

Rubbing near her left ear with one of her fingers. This is during the pause after 'um'

More energetic/animated talking about the watch.

Sounds like Eric was both Simon's boss and friend.

Pauses, thinking here. 'mmmm' is audible.

Or is it? I wonder if these articles were found on Simon when his body was discovered.

30 seconds after this is the clip we saw last time, where she describes the timeline of when he was last seen.

This is a couple minutes later. Pause before 'Cavalier'.

First line is notably quieter.

A lot of mundane but potentially important details coming out in these clips. I'm wondering how far away the Rockington Arms is. Did Simon walk there? If it's too far for that, how did the vehicles both get back to their house?

Another minute later.

Smiles after this. 'Silver' seems to be the important word.

Growing more quiet again.

Quietly here as well.

Second intervew. There's that bruise again. She nods a few times before speaking.

Curious phrase. 'Like a father' or 'like a brother' make sense to me, but I've never heard 'like an uncle'. I surmise that I was right on Simon and Eric having a close relationship, and probably Eric is the older of the two.

Oh let's!

This looks excellent; exactly 5 hits, and we just saw the first one. And the guitar is back ... more murder ballad incoming, perhaps?

As you might expect, this follows immediately after the last clip.

Emphasis on 'really'.

Looking down and to the side here as she speaks.

I'm surprised to learn that Hannah? worked at Ernst as well. Did she and Simon meet there? Why did she stop working there?

The rest of what she says about Diane will be the subject of the next update.

New Clips - 5
Completion - 37/271, 13.7%

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Would it make sense to do a sort of in-between search for things like 'work' or 'pub' etc to get more names and perhaps an idea about a timeline?

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Perhaps, but I do think I've already hit most of those. I tried the name of the place Simon works, the name of the pub, the names of the people we know that worked there ... didn't get much from them. There's a large number of more general terms like that which could be used.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

I've been quite the slacker here; it's been two weeks. Let's get rolling again.

Session 9

More evidence.

Pauses, then looks up at 'Steel'.

Sense of genuine admiration here. It seems that the two couples, 'Hannah' + Simon and Eric + Diane were quite close.

If the time can eliminate her as a suspect, then they must have nailed down the day Simon was murdered. When was she in Glasgow, and what was she doing there?

Shaking her head repeatedly.

'Sometimes Eric' is really drawn out and emphasized.

Emphasis on 'really good cook' here, and also later on 'trendy'.

Looks up and to the right throughout this line.

Gesturing as she says 'commenting from'. Then there's a bit of a pause.

First line looking to the side ...

Speaking softer as she looks forward. Clearly they are more cultured than I, since I've never eaten fennel.

This is about a minute and a half after she played the song. Apparently we don't get more of that just yet.

Perhaps Eric is an alternative suspect? How he would get the body into the cellar without anyone knowing about it is questionable at best, but there might be more to pull on about this argument.

New Clips - 3
Completion - 40/271, 14.8%

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Who buys a wedding anniversary gift for someone in an entirely separate marriage? That's kind of like buying someone else's mom a mother's day gift. And also, if they so generously gave one spouse a nice watch, what did they get the other person?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Watch that we have this really weird situation where the guys were totally doing it or something.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

CzarChasm posted:

Who buys a wedding anniversary gift for someone in an entirely separate marriage?

I'm not certain, but I think this kind of thing used to be more common. In the timeframe of these events though, it does feel out of place to me.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Strategic Sage posted:

Perhaps Eric is an alternative suspect? How he would get the body into the cellar without anyone knowing about it is questionable at best, but there might be more to pull on about this argument.

CzarChasm posted:

Who buys a wedding anniversary gift for someone in an entirely separate marriage? That's kind of like buying someone else's mom a mother's day gift. And also, if they so generously gave one spouse a nice watch, what did they get the other person?

If Eric played the part of the wealthy uncle to Simon, the present would be par for the course; and getting into the cellar may be a case of people not locking their doors or him simply having a key to the house. Eric and Simon possibly having an actual disagreement going on seems the most pertinent bit to me. Perhaps we should follow up on Diane?

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Old Grey Guy posted:

Perhaps we should follow up on Diane?

I'm not really sure how to do that? We can't talk to Diane, we can only talk to Hannah/Eve. Unless I misunderstand what you're suggesting.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Strategic Sage posted:

I'm not really sure how to do that? We can't talk to Diane, we can only talk to Hannah/Eve. Unless I misunderstand what you're suggesting.

I meant as in search for "Diane" and "argument", and for vids where similar conflicts are mentioned. Perhaps "fight" "row" "struggle" "spare" "annoyed" and all that. If there was some kind of strife going on, maybe there's more clues that way. :)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was going to suggest going for the most dramatic words connected to all this: death, kill, die, etc.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Good point, but then again, this is set in England, and there's likely a whole lot of less drastic words to be looked for.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

OldGreyGuy posted:

I meant as in search for "Diane" and "argument", and for vids where similar conflicts are mentioned. Perhaps "fight" "row" "struggle" "spare" "annoyed" and all that. If there was some kind of strife going on, maybe there's more clues that way.

Got it. I'm not through with simple searches yet, compound ones will have to come eventually. My thinking has been that this kind of search is complicated by a few other factors:

- Hannah said she didn't know of an argument between Eric and Simon, so she can't tell us what she doesn't know about
- I'd be likely to get hits relating to her argument with Simon, which really isn't what we'd be looking for.

Junpei posted:

I was going to suggest going for the most dramatic words connected to all this: death, kill, die, etc.

I've actually been avoiding those as I think I'd just end up with another long list that we'd only see a few of, and likely ones we've already seen. Either way, I will get to this kind of thing eventually.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 10

Florence is the only person's name we haven't tried yet. A nice setup here, with four clips after the one we've already heard. Just as a reminder, according to 'Eve' whose veracity is ... let's just say suspect ... Florence is the midwife who lived across the street from Hannah's family. Allegedly, Florence told Hannah's parents that Eve had died in childbirth, throttled by Hannah's umbilical cord - but Eve wasn't actually dead.

Check out Session 5 if you want to re-visit this tale. And then prepare yourself. This story isn't about to get any more comforting. Going to be a longer update this time.

Emphasis on 'a'.

Is anybody in this tale completely sane? Don't answer that.

Another reflection after this video, again with a change in music. I don't think this tells us anything new.

It's surreal how naturally Eve speaks here. This is all normal to her, even though it is so not.

Gives a shrugging smile here after this line.

Pauses pensively a bit here.

Emphasis on 'her'. I'm starting to understand how Eve became so psychologically unhealthy.

Looking down towards the end of this statement.

More seriously, and after a longer pause. The look on her face seems chilling to me.

This starts the third of the four new clips. It's the longest one, and there's more shiftiness as Eve talks about Florence through most of it, more looking to down or to the side instead of at the interviewers.

'I guess' is quite a bit softer.

A couple of pauses here, esp. after 'also'.

This runs together with the next shot as part of the same phrase/thought.

'Isn't that strange' is softer and quizzical, or maybe more wistful, raising her eyebrows. Also emphasizes 'twenties'. This seems to be something that really affected Eve.

This is a different method of emphasis, the first time I think we've heard Eve repeat herself.

Feels like she's reaching for an explanation, something to explain why Florence never remarried.

Aside from the various issues about Florence, I find myself wondering what happened when Eve got older, exactly. She grows up across the street from Hannah and is kept secluded to hide her identity, but then there are the various tales Hannah told of her friendship with Eve and the activities they got up to. So ... how did that transition happen, and who did Hannah's family think Eve was? She obviously wasn't Florence's daughter, and if she looked so much like Hannah ... there's something not fitting together.

One more clip about Florence.

'convinced' is spoken a bit more prominently

A longer pause, looking down before this.

Gesturing a couple of times on 'remember' and 'read'.

Laughs here in between lines.

That's everything she has to say about Florence, at least directly. What a way to grow up.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 44/271, 16.2%

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Whew that's quite an interesting set of clips to run across!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I get the sense we're playing Hannah trying to make sense of everything that happened and who Eve really was after Eve went to prison. The reflection looks a lot like Hannah/Eve.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

An interesting theory which I'm not prepared to comment on either direction just yet. Hold that thought :)

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 11

I've run out of people's names to look up, so I'm going to cities. There was a mention early on about Hannah going on holiday in Rome - she showed a picture of her and Simon in the first interview. But apparently that's the only time that city was mentioned.

More recently, she talked about being in Glasgow at the time, I think, of the murder. That picqued my interest quite a bit, and here we are with 10 results, four of them new. At least these first five are all from the same interview, June 27th. This will be our strand to pull on for this session.

Pauses after 'car', actually says 'and then I drove'. Occasionally there's a word like 'then' that for whatever reason doesn't make it into the subtitles. Bug in the software perhaps?

I think the timeline here is this is just after the argument she had with Simon. I don't think we know exactly what that argument was about yet. She shakes her head repeatedly before and during this line.

Pause between the two lines here as well.

'so tired' is slow and drawn out.

Eight minutes later. She's pulled her hair up in the back somewhere in that time.

Looks down at her hands her at 'pay phone', 'headed back' at the end is spoken more softly.

Shortly after this is the clip we've already seen, she looks at the watch in the evidence bag and talks about the time, says she was in Glasgow then. Shortly after that one ...

Shaking her head.

After another 20-30 seconds ...

Emphasis on 'exhausted'.

Quite a bit of thought before saying 'badly'.

This is different - perhaps just more complete - than what she said earlier about sleeping in the car, buying a few things, making a phone call and then heading back. It might be just lies of omission initially. Also quite a specific alibi that ought to be able to be either verified or disproved fairly easily.

Quietly, looking down here.

That's everything on 'Glasgow'. Gonna stick with this a bit and try to get more on a couple of the specifics.

Interesting - one before and one after here on 'Hospital'. The earlier one is very soon earlier, a short one actually fitting just before the last clip we just went through, after where she talked about Glasgow being deserted. The other one is forward all the way to July 2nd, five days later. Maybe they'd checked up on her alibi by then?

Two whole seconds for that one. Ask them what? When she left, perhaps? It sounds to me like she doesn't appreciate the question being asked.

Emphasis on 'hard'

Question, not a statement.

I'm actually not sure what we've established yet, but there's just these three clips on the hospital keyword, maybe some compound possibilities might get us into the other Glasgow clips ... was she there when Simon was killed or not? I think yes, but I'm not sure. I'd like to know more about the vehicle, the scratch on it, there was something earlier about a key - I think I'll see if there's anything more on those subjects next time.

New Clips - 6
Completion - 50/271, 18.5%

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
"Pregnant" maybe?

Wait, didn't she say they were having trouble having a baby?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

painedforever posted:

"Pregnant" maybe?

Wait, didn't she say they were having trouble having a baby?

I think Hannah was - but not Eve. So I think that's Eve in the red, not Hannah. And I don't really think it's Hannah watching this footage, because no matter how you slice it, just by merit of them switching places in the interviews, they have to be working together.

I think this game's biggest flaw is that just by following the logical line of people's names, that leads you to the twist very, VERY quickly.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

painedforever posted:

"Pregnant" maybe?

Good idea to get to that one before too much longer.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Does the search engine discriminate between singular and plural? If our interviewer said "drinks" in a clip, and we searched "drink", would it appear in the queue?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'd imagine it might find 'Drinks' from 'Drink' but maybe not the other way around?

Maybe Taxi as a keyword as well, might be more details on the accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think this game's biggest flaw is that just by following the logical line of people's names, that leads you to the twist very, VERY quickly.

Adam? Or is there another palindrome somewhere?

I saw a playthrough of this last year, and I remembered the twist about Hannah and Eve, I just don't remember what other twists there were. Obviously she's the prime suspect for the murder, right?

Or did it turn out to be aliens? Or am I thinking of Langoliers?