Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

I said at November 6 posted:

Honestly, if there are twins and they keep randomly being the one who talks to the police, that would be one hell of a way to cause a mistrial. If the police can't be certain of who said what, a lot of the evidence kind of goes bad.

I'm so happy that I was accidentally prescient on this one. I have not played this game before. I do think that the ending of this was massive mistrial with the twin thing being confirmed. We've spent more than a little time just trying to parse what Hannah was saying, with the Eve mixup in the midst, how the gently caress would they explain anything coherently to a jury? Especially with a defense lawyer right there ready to poke holes willy nilly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Keldulas posted:

I'm so happy that I was accidentally prescient on this one. I have not played this game before. I do think that the ending of this was massive mistrial with the twin thing being confirmed. We've spent more than a little time just trying to parse what Hannah was saying, with the Eve mixup in the midst, how the gently caress would they explain anything coherently to a jury? Especially with a defense lawyer right there ready to poke holes willy nilly.

You charge both with conspiracy to commit murder and probably obstruction of justice as well.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...

painedforever posted:

I saw a playthrough of this last year, and I remembered the twist about Hannah and Eve, I just don't remember what other twists there were. Obviously she's the prime suspect for the murder, right?

Or did it turn out to be aliens? Or am I thinking of Langoliers?

This is getting dangerously close to overtly asking for spoilers in the thread. Please don't do that.

Junpei posted:

Does the search engine discriminate between singular and plural? If our interviewer said "drinks" in a clip, and we searched "drink", would it appear in the queue?

I don't know. ETA: I experiment with this in an upcoming session.

Keldulas posted:

On this point I'll just say that even among people who have fully completed the game, there's still debate among players whether they are actually twins or not. I'll probably have some thoughts on that .... later. Much later. From what we've seen so far though, there are pieces that don't really fit to me in both directions for and against. Much comes down to just who you think is telling the truth or lying, and when. A lot more to learn yet of course.

Strategic Sage fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 9, 2022

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 12

Nothing there.

Just the one we've already seen here as well.

One more here, and it's from the last interview.

Shakes her head before answering.

Pause after 'car'.

Emphasis on 'them'.

Also ... them? Not Simon? Is this the same argument we already know about, or a different one, or more info just being revealed now that we're at the point where we know Hannah and Eve are different people?

'A and E' could be another search term for the hospital.

Looks up and to the right through most of this. Before, 'Hannah' said she called Simon; now we have 'Eve' calling Hannah. Multiple versions of all events.

I hate this.

Pauses and sighs before the next line.

Pause after 'that'.

Another twist here; are we talking about a love triangle? Because ya know, this whole situation isn't screwed-up enough yet and needs more drama. I still want to more about the car I think, but we need to know more about these arguments. I'll focus on that for a while.

These are early enough that I think they'll focus on the Hannah-Simon spat.

First interview, speaking quietly here.

Another clip, immediately after the last one. Spoken borderline-indignantly.

Forward to the 'bruise interview' a week later. Nods before speaking.

Looking back and forth to the left here.

We have a time now, but otherwhise this really didn't tell us very much. There were only 9 total hits on argument, and I think we've seen most of them if not all of them from this search and the others we've stumbled upon. Brain starting to hurt with what to pull on to get more info about this.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 54/271, 19.9%

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Calling it the "bruise interview" makes me wonder if that bruise is ever brought up. Does "bruise" give any results?

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Might be worth noting that besides the religious connotations, "Eve" was the name given to the woman who was the supposed first diagnosed case of dissociative identity disorder, seeing as we're questioning whether or not they're really two different people.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 13

Apparently she only referred to the hospital as 'A and E' once. There's a trend here. We're starting to get more fruitless searches. I expect that to gradually accelerate as we have a lot of most obvious ones done.

Keys have come up a couple of times. Is there more? Indeed there are, and a couple more off-screen. Let's try out that plurality theory ...

Just 'key' returns the exact same set. Looks like you don't have to be 'plurality-specific', or whatever the right turn of phrase might be for this. All right, four new clips, likely of the mundane variety. Let's get to it!

Two very short clips here from the 27th, 10 seconds combined. I think we're talking about a key to their house, not the car here.

Thinking a bit at first ...

That's that. Forward now to the 30th, these clips are much longer.

Nodding slightly and rapidly.

Seems she's been asked to give a sequence of events, but I'm not sure when this is.

A lot of this has all the emotion of reading the dictionary. Sort of like it's maybe a summary or recitation of thngs she's told them several times already or something.

Despite the text there's no pause at the end of this. It runs right into the next picture as part of the same thought.

Moderate-length pause after 'paper'.

Another case of continuing without pause from the previous picture, part of the same expression.

Emphasis on 'exhausted', and a pause after that word.

Gets quieter starting at 'no one'.

Of course you called Doug and Eleanor, who wouldn't? Except ... this is the first time I've seen those names, I don't know who they are. Friends, perhaps? I want to find out soon.

Seems to me that we're talking here about the day she reported Simon missing. Comes home from work or some other activity, he's not there, etc.

Softly.

That was all one clip, well over a minute long. The last one comes several minutes later, same interview.

Softly and sadly.

Quietly, looking down.

More casualties. What ... ?

Shaking her head at the start of this.

I think it's just the narrative here making me paranoid, but I'm suspicious. Instead of some disease or something killing ... whoever is being described here, I'm wondering if maybe it's some sort of foul play, poison, whatever.

For some moments in life, that's all there is to say.

So much for this being purely a mundane update. Who are these people who went to bed and never woke up again? It was clearly several years ago, but how did this come up? I have questions. I still feel like I'm in 'answer one question, get two more unsolved ones' territory. The fog has to clear eventually, right? Please??

Doug, Eleanor, pregnant, miscarriage are all priority searches in my mind right now.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 58/271, 21.4%

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 14

Forgot to take a screenshot of this before watching them, but we've only seen one of these. That works; we can see most of what she says about Doug with only one entry off-screen.

Nods, audible 'mmmm' just before this. Bit of emphasis on 'very worried'. This is back to the second interview.

Simon's parents, perhaps?

Several minutes later.

This is at least the second job she's had, the other one being at Ernst. That's still out there as a topic to investigate sometime in the future.

Louder, jokingly at the end with 'don't poison the kids'. Then a longer pause than usual.

Another pause after 'see'. There's a little more reflectiveness, sounds even like sadness here.

'Pressure' is set apart from the rest of this line and emphasized. Sounds like Hannah's relationship with Simon's family was possibly strained, or at the least ... well, complicated.

Forward to the 30th. 'mmmm' and gestures a bit before answering.

As she says 'maybe less'. My impression is that she's realizing she doesn't actually do it that often and should correct herself.

'Ordered house' is spoken slower, more focused.

Another 'mmmm' after taking a drink of I think coffee.

I'm not sure how to describe the attitude here. It's not disrespectful ... slightly condescending, perhaps?

The pedantic side of me appreciates that she pronounces 'vase' properly.

Moderate pause after this. It also strikes me that this is a particularly good example of Hannah doing what you might call over-sharing; after the first line or two it's pretty clear she's just rambling on about Eleanor and not just answering the question asked.

It's fine by me in terms of plot, but it's something I notice in myself personally and am irritated by in many social situations. Nobody asked to know what you are blathering on about dude :).

Looking to the side for the top line, then back at the interviewer for the bottom one. This is spoken more softly - it would be going too far to say she's incredulous here, but I do get the impression she doesn't approve of Eleanor having this secret. It could be mere suprise, but it's definitely nothing so positive as approval/admiration.

So that was another solid minute. This is followed by the clip we saw last time that first mentioned Doug and Eleanor. Several minutes after that one comes this:

Looks down briefly before answering.

Wow. Miscarriage, then a few months later both of your parents dying at the same time. That'll do a number on your psyche.

Pause before and emphasis on 'awful'. Closes her eyes briefly as she says it.

Pauses between the lines, stirring slowly with the spoon.

I had to look up 'entomologist' also. Study of insects/zoology. I knew that at some point, I'm quite certain.

Barely audible, slowly shaking her head.

Other than they weren't feeling well so it seems it was some kind of illness, I still don't know what the cause of death was for her parents. And why would it kill them both at the same time? I'm going back and forth between 'ok, normal deaths' and 'something fishy here'.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 62/271, 22.9%

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Have you searched for ‘parents’ yet?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
It's been interesting to watch all of this unfold so far. I played this over five years ago and my memory of this game is virtually non-existent apart from a few scant details.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

'parents' is on the list, but not a term i've done yet.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 15

Naturally we follow up Doug with Eleanor.

4 we have seen, one we haven't, and one off-screen in the ?? category.

July 1st. Otherwhise known as 'Murder Ballad Day'. Except she was wearing a blue shirt before for this interview ... are there two on this day?

*checks times*

The other clips we've seen from July 1st are either about 8 minutes after this or 13-14 minutes after it. Curious.

Longish pause before the last line, and as she says it ...

That styrofoam cup does not seem entirely stable ...

Yep. Definitely not entirely stable. Sets it on the edge of the table, and it spills onto her blouse and lap.

Gasps, trying to shake out the coffee from her clothes. The universal adjective is uttered in a 'loud hush' here.

I like this bit. It's a very good reason for a wardrobe change obviously, although where she gets the guitar from is still a bit of a mystery, and did she just happen to have a change of clothes with her?. It also adds reality to the previous bit, where she's just absent-mindedly describing the conversations with Eleanor.

There's so many possibilities, but as suggested I stick with the parents thread. We're only seeing a sampling of what is available here. The first clip, the one we've already seen, is where she described the timeline leading up to reporting Simon missing. Says 'his parents haven't heard anything either' at the end of it.

The other four that we'll delve into are from the second interview, June 25. The 'bruise' interview. Nope, haven't searched bruise yet either. My list runneth over, but one topic at a time.

Tosses her head to the side, then looks down.

Definitely an attitude here of Hannah not entirely approving of this major life decision having been made for her. Another one of those 'this is the way things were done back in the day' moments.

Next clip, a minute and a half later. Quietly and looking down for obvious reasons.

The red flashes from film artifacts/flaws are more noticeable in these clips for some reason.

Softly still. I'm not sure why this is broken up from the previous clip, as there can't be more than a 2-3 second gap between them.

Looking down again for most of this.

Pauses after 'then'.

Another one with very little time between clips. Nods at the start.

A small smile here, seems forced.

Ah yes, the infamous dollhouse. The one Eve across the road told us about.

Pragamatic, but also spooky to move into the house your parents just died strangely in. Lots of strange deaths in this house, at least three that we know of. I'd buy the place being haunted at this point.

New Clips - 5
Completion - 67/271, 24.7%

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 16

Alternate title: Eve sez :words:

Combining 'parents' and 'death' got me a fat lot of nothing. There's one more here though:

Inquisitively and a bit more softly. Nothing we were really looking for, but more information that might be important yet probably is not. Go figure.

It's been a while since we heard from Eve ... at least that we're sure of. This is almost two minutes long.

Emphasis on 'hard'.

I'm still calling nonsense on this business of her staying hidden this long in the attic.

Emphasis on 'trying' and 'pregnant'.

Inhales loudly before this.

Continuing to look down and speaking softly, then nodding with increasing conviction at the end.

Inhales loudly, then rubs/scratches the back of her head as shown for a few seconds.

Eve begins speaking more louder, at her typical volume here. It's also more assertive, you might even say colder.

'my reflection'. 'us'. What disturbs me is the way she refers to Hannah in this clip. Most of the time in this game I'm just sort of dryly or analytically looking for information. But then these subjects come up and I'm just taken out of that by a growing sense of 'boy howdy, this is one messed up person'.

Looking down, Eve's voice gets quieter here again.

Pauses, smiling after 'but'.

I guess when you're fully committed to your psychotic sense of identity, it's hard to let it go.

Slaps her hands on the table and speaking fully assertively here.

Umm ... come again? What did Simon know about Eve, and when did he know it? Do I really even want to know? Did just Simon and Hannah ever have a relationship between the two of them, or was Eve always involved? I ... yeah.

Musical shift at the end, but no reflection this time.

Because some memes speak for themselves.

New Clips - 2
Completion - 69/271, 25.5%

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I wonder if this means the two of them were switching places. If the twins thing is true at least. I'm not entirely convinced on that one.

Eve moved in the attic of Hannah's and Simon's house, then either with or without Hannah's knowledge sometimes took on her role? Possibly culminating in her getting pregnant by Simon?

Alternatively, Eve is an alternate personality and the one doing all the forbidden stuff?

Feels like if there was an entire twin hiding in the house, the police would quickly come to the conclusion that one of them had killed Simon and the other created an alibi.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I feel like it’s the sort of thing Hannah should have mentioned right from the start.

“Just so you know, I have a crazy identical twin that secretly lives with us and my husband doesn’t know about. I don’t think this has anything to do with her but I thought I’ll mention it now so it doesn’t surprise you later.”

:cop: “Okay. And you have a good relationship with your crazed twin?”

“Most of the time, yeah. Although we did try to kill each other once”

:cop: “Okay. And who else knows about this twin?”

“Just the midwife who smuggled her away when she was seemingly stillborn, then raised her as her own. Florence, that was her name. She’s gone now.”

:cop: “Okay. And do people mistake your twin for you?”

“Oh, very easily. Sometimes she wears a wig. A disguise. To avoid it happening.”

:cop: “Okay. And is there any way for us to distinguish between you?”

“Well her name is Eve”

:cop: “Any way that doesn’t rely upon her identifying herself in her own personal testimony”

*stares blankly*

:cop: “Okay. Excuse me a moment, let me just palm off this case to my least favourite colleague.”

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Cloacamazing! posted:

Feels like if there was an entire twin hiding in the house, the police would quickly come to the conclusion that one of them had killed Simon and the other created an alibi.

My impression so far is that this is basically what happened, eventually.

Elite posted:

“Just so you know, I have a crazy identical twin that secretly lives with us and my husband doesn’t know about. I don’t think this has anything to do with her but I thought I’ll mention it now so it doesn’t surprise you later.”

This entire post was great :)

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Elite posted:

:cop: “Okay. And is there any way for us to distinguish between you?”

“Well her name is Eve”

:cop: “Any way that doesn’t rely upon her identifying herself in her own personal testimony”

A tattoo on her left arm.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 17

As ever there are so many options to look at, but I decided to pull on the various pregnancy/miscarriage and so on issues next.

One new 40-second clip from 'definitely probably Eve'.

Pauses, glances down after 'and'.

On 'corrected it's course' she is clearly pleased.

And a nice big smile to confirm that impression.

I don't think it's possible to mention too often that I really, really don't like Eve. There aren't words suitable to use in polite company that adequately describe her. This just in: 'best news evah' is not an appropriate response to someone having a miscarriage. Just in case you were wondering Eve.

Again with the back of her head. I wonder if this mannerism will have any larger significance later on.

Clip ends here, leaving me to wonder ... and then what?

Oh look. There we are again.

Looks like between this search and what we've already seen, this should at least get us to the majority of the 'pregnant' options. Of the three new ones, first two are fairly short, last one is 39 seconds.

After taking a drink of the water.

Emphasis on 'days'.

There's been some suspicion that this is Eve, not Hannah, on this day. Eve has told us she couldn't get pregnant, but maybe that has changed? If it's Hannah ... the miscarriage made her infertile we were just told. All of which leads back into the whole what is true and what isn't question. But this definitely has me leaning more towards Eve here, when you combine it with the fact that it's the same interview where she talked about not having the bruise due to 'metabolism' and putting her hand on the wrong side of her face.

I'm wondering just now if the miscarriage subplot was just put in for the sake of player sanity, allowing us another way to distinguish between them.

Music shifts after this clip, a slow melodic piano piece now. A bit haunting even.

Softly here.

Oh my. When is her birthday? That's at least one question that would have the same answer for both of them. Could this be the cause of whatever domestic dispute led to Simon being murdered? The questions are still piling up faster than I can search for answers.

Last clip from this search, about two minutes later:

Images of motion come out blurry, but she's motioning at the picture on the desk with her hand.

I'll take 'stories I was not at all expecting to come up in this tale' for $400. Is this is a life-imitating-art thing?

Pointing with her fingers at various parts of the picture as she speaks.

Emphasis on 'furious', stops abruptly at the end.

Scratches/rubs below her nose after correcting herself.

Pause before and emphasis on 'blind'

Spoken quickly and almost excitedly. The words run together and smiles at the end here.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 73/271, 26.9%

Less than 200 clips to go! And much drama remaining as well, it would seem. I think my initial estimates of how long this would take were low by about half. But we'll get there, drip by disturbing drip.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I feel like Eve becoming pregnant, presumably by Simon, is a key factor, perhaps the key factor in the motive.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I really wish when the music comes in the camera had panned around to show someone randomly playing the piano in the interrogation room. Would've really improved my opinion of the game.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 18

One more to add to this thread.

Alternately looking to the side and straight ahead. Is she saying 'thought I was' because the doctors were wrong, or because Eve got pregnant but at this point she's still putting up the front that they are the same person?

No music change, but another image. This one looks a little clearer than the ones we've seen before.

'Baby' is a popular topic. We can chop a few more clips off of it here.

Forced smile at the end of this line.

The next clip starts shortly after this.

Nodding repeatedly before speaking.

Gets softer here.

Emphasis at the end on 'hope'.

Then forward to the last clip, on the 27th.

Nodding and looking sideways.

Speaking slowly, then shaking her head after the words trail off.

Moving her hand around on her chin in between lines

Music changes after this, again without another image.

I think at this point, I may have asked this before, but any good ideas on what searches to do to dig deeper on this 'domestic triangle' would be useful. I decide to try a couple combining names, to see if Hannah or Eve ever spoke about the other two.

Combining 'Simon' and 'Eve' just returns the first clip here; that's the one where the interviewers are out of the room and she does the 'poor Simon ... why are you talking about Eve?' bits. But we have a couple more hits here. Both of the new ones are over a minute long, so we'll pick them up next time. I guess this is a bit of a 'teaser'. Given what tends to happen in the 'Eve' sessions when she really gets talking, we could be in for another doozy.

New Clips - 4
Completion - 77/271, 28.4%

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

We keep mentioning the tattoo but has it been searched?

Also can we see that "Database Checker" window again?

Deathwind fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 28, 2022

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

It hasn't been searched, partly because there's always been higher-priority (IMO) topics to search and partly because it has yet to be mentioned in any of the clips. Good point on the database checker though, I'll throw one of those up soon.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
"Twin" would also be a place to search.

Also, does order matter for searches? Might be worth it to try "Hannah Simon" if they only pull up ones where the name 'Hannah' is spoken before 'Simon'.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Strategic Sage posted:

Session 17

Softly here.

Oh my. When is her birthday? That's at least one question that would have the same answer for both of them. Could this be the cause of whatever domestic dispute led to Simon being murdered? The questions are still piling up faster than I can search for answers.

Last clip from this search, about two minutes later:

There seems to be a dramatic change in her hair style within the space of two minutes.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

There seems to be a dramatic change in her hair style within the space of two minutes.

Are both of these clips together? I think you can view how many clips you've unlocked, and where they are in order.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

painedforever posted:

Are both of these clips together? I think you can view how many clips you've unlocked, and where they are in order.

I don't know any good way of doing that. There is a gap between the two clips, but I'm not sure what's in between.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Session 19

I wanted to be wrong about what Eve had to say. Boy was I ever not wrong. Buckle up.

Laughs a bit at the end of this.

'mmmmmm' here before the next statement.

Bit of emphasis on 'I'.

Another name to add to the cast of characters. And by characters, I mean 'people unfortunate enough to have met Eve/Hannah at some point'

There's an 'and' at the start of this line. Quite a bit of focus on 'such', emphasizing the infatuation.

Another one of those in-between lines expressions

'my' is the focus point here.

What a way to put this event/experience. Srsly.

Nodding a bit here.

This flows right into the next one ...

Shrugs before this, then emphasizes 'excuses' at the end.

'After a while' has that light tone she uses now and then when - at least my impression - Eve wants to be particularly condescending, like she's explaining something to a child. Pauses after 'that'.

Also ... you did whatnow?

You don't say. Maintains the same pose here, bit of a pause between each example and a small laugh at the end.

Um, Mr. Barlow, if I may - is this supposed to be a murder mystery or a twisted porno?

On second thought, don't answer that. Kthxbye.

Spoken quickly, the words run together.

That's the first clip. It feels wrong to break this up, as the next one continues where this left off. Go bleach your brain first if you feel the entirely understandable impulse to do so.

Shaking her head and closing her eyes a bit, focus on 'so'.

Clicks her tongue before this.

We do have a 'love' triangle - at least at first. Oh joy.

Given the timeline, this would have to have been Risky Business.

Smiles and laughs at the end of this.

I was right. Simon never had a real relationship with just Hannah. When did he find out he was dating two people, or was it much later?

'Terrible' is the emphasis.

Pause after 'me'.

'We didn't want another Carl on our hands'. And then they're obeying the dictates of a Ouija board.

Whose dumb idea was it to play this game anyway?

Nodding a bit, maybe even a little indignant.

Shaking her head gradually, then raising her eyebrows.

What are these rules, exactly? 'The first rule of EveClub is you do not talk about EveClub. The second rule is Eve breaks all the boys in?'

I can't stop coming up with questions that I really, really do not want answered.

From 'first' on this is spoken hushed.

Laughing here afterwards.

Emphasis on 'one'.

This does illuminate what we heard recently about Eve trying to get pregnant and being unable to, and the 'universe correcting' with the miscarriage Hannah had. Those clips come right after these.

Honestly don't know where I'm going next. I'll think of something.

New Clips - 2
Completion - 79/271, 29.2%

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Updated Database Checker. Still says there is 1 Volume Missing. Looks kinda like one of those old 'defrag' displays. Appears to be filling in with green/yellow blocks as we watch more clips. Probably worth putting one of these up every handful of sessions to see how it changes.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Those sure seem like a set of extremely healthy relationships.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
This just gets wilder and wilder. Hoo boy!

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Cloacamazing posted:

I wonder if this means the two of them were switching places. If the twins thing is true at least. I'm not entirely convinced on that one.

I think Eve pretty much just confirmed that one now.

RocketBabyDolls posted:

At this point I'm pretty confident the first one is Hannah and the second one is Eve. I'm not sure how they would manage to pull a switcheroo that quickly, but I'm sure they came prepared with multiple identical sets of clothes if that's what happened. They've probably gotten very good at the swaps by now.

SIGSEGV posted:

Those sure seem like a set of extremely healthy relationships.

I have more sympathy for Simon now than I did when I first found out he was murdered. It takes quite a tale to pull that off.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:catstare: :staredog: :frogsiren:

:can:

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Yeah, I'd forgotten this one. Geez, I guess I really did brain-bleach after I watched the playthrough of this.

I mean, fascinating, yes, but also ~EW~

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Wait, does that mean one or both of them brought in a full set of extra clothes, and a guitar?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Breadmaster posted:

Wait, does that mean one or both of them brought in a full set of extra clothes, and a guitar?

You'd only need one guitar if they're doing the restroom switch shenanigans. Excuse yourself to go to the toilet, leave the guitar, switch places with your identical twin who's just chilling out in the bathroom with no police being aware of this. Checks out.

I wonder if Simon ever knew he was dating two of them...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
My impression is that they're switching before the interview, not in the middle of it. I feel like a second person with the same face walking into the police station and hiding in the bathroom would be dumb, and too easily spotted. They could barely handle a trip to the movie theater without arousing suspicion. Not to mention forgetting what was said to the interviewer.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Awful relationships aside, it’s an interesting inversion of the “Oh no, I’ve accidentally double booked a cinema date with 2 different girls!” sitcom episode.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Elite posted:

Awful relationships aside, it’s an interesting inversion of the “Oh no, I’ve accidentally double booked a cinema date with 2 different girls!” sitcom episode.

It invertes alright, in absolutely the worst possible way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Anyone else feel like we've gotten away from the actual murder going down this rabbit hole of the relationship between Hannah and Eve?