Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i dont even have the nergy to make this funny. "funny". woman literally ran over my foot. cops didn't even write a report, said it was my fault because i was a couple feet away from the intersection. my foot hurts like, a lot. i kind of... just loving give up , for real, this is so.... i was liteally run over and everyone islike "it's your fault" even the EMTs were like "nah let's not go to get an x-ray"

i guess because i'm poor? and the woman was super middle class? but like. i'm a pedestrain. i got LITERALLY RUN THEFUCK OVER.

so now i probably can't work for a few days an if i can't work i'm no longer "fun homeless" just "homeless" and it JUST NOW got cold enough that i can't just sleep in my car and

and none ofyou care either lmao GOD. GOD. GUFKCHjhdfshjdfhajllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

REQALALLYY. REALLY THIS TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sorry about your foot, i'd be hopping mad if it were me

girl befriender
Sep 22, 2014

by vyelkin
dude suing the police for poo poo like that is basically one of the few ways a poe person can get some money.
literally if i were you i'd sell the poo poo out of the injury, become homeless, talk to a lawyer while covered in ur own doodoo.

by this time next year you'll be a millionaire.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It's not your fault mate

-the lady is a clueless idiot who wont admit fault, because she's selfish and culpable
-cops are lazy idiots, and dont want to do the paperwork, maybe it's not worth the paperwork tbh
-the EMTs are probably trying to save you a medical bill. you will know if your foot is actually broken in a few days :haw:

Remember everyone will always do the minimum amount of work

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

i dont even have the nergy to make this funny. "funny". woman literally ran over my foot. cops didn't even write a report, said it was my fault because i was a couple feet away from the intersection. my foot hurts like, a lot. i kind of... just loving give up , for real, this is so.... i was liteally run over and everyone islike "it's your fault" even the EMTs were like "nah let's not go to get an x-ray"

i guess because i'm poor? and the woman was super middle class? but like. i'm a pedestrain. i got LITERALLY RUN THEFUCK OVER.

so now i probably can't work for a few days an if i can't work i'm no longer "fun homeless" just "homeless" and it JUST NOW got cold enough that i can't just sleep in my car and

and none ofyou care either lmao GOD. GOD. GUFKCHjhdfshjdfhajllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I been there before buddy. Calm down, it will be ok.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
seriously I hope you got this ladys license plate number or similar identifying info and are prepared to raise hell because p sure that's the natural thing to do in this scenario

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
also it feels like the more expensive the car the worse the driver more and more these days I swear to god

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Revins posted:

seriously I hope you got this ladys license plate number or similar identifying info and are prepared to raise hell because p sure that's the natural thing to do in this scenario

Some things don't get solved. There's no way for him to prove it at this point. His foot will probably be OK

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my mom ran over my foot once when she was supposed to be picking me up from school as a teenager. she said she thought i was in the car, but i very obviously was not and the door wasn't even shut.

luckily the tire forced my foot and ankle down and off angle as the tire passed over me so that my foot was almost 90 degrees rotated over and the tread/soul of the shoe absorbed a lot of the weight.

i didn't think to sue her.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

precision posted:

where are you from OP? if you're in california i remember they taught us in drivers ed that any accident involving a pedestrian makes you at fault pretty much automatically? idk maybe they lied or the law has changed since then i'm not going to look further into it hth

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

any accident you can walk away from is a good accident, that's what they taught us in FL

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

thin blue whine posted:

where are you from OP? if you're in california i remember they taught us in drivers ed that any accident involving a pedestrian makes you at fault pretty much automatically? idk maybe they lied or the law has changed since then i'm not going to look further into it hth

Yeah in my state pedestrians always have the right-of-way but I was under the impression it isn't common in every state. My initial reaction to the post was that the lady would not get away with it in my state, but what happened happened already.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I didn't know they could still write you a ticket for being a loving melvin

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost
how big are your feet?

Anyway, did you get the license plate of the person who ran over your foot?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how big are your feet?

Anyway, did you get the license plate of the person who ran over your foot?

I think there needs to be a police report to push for liability, so it's too late

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The siren and red and blue flashing lights. What country is your siren from?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

Pontificating rear end posted:

I think there needs to be a police report to push for liability, so it's too late

This works too. The internet is a real place

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

This works too. The internet is a real place

Unless you mean like 'did he get her license plate' to solve the problem PERSONALLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndf1Y0mH01I

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost
also liability is state to state.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

precision posted:

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I have questions

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

Unless you mean like 'did he get her license plate' to solve the problem PERSONALLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndf1Y0mH01I

I thought that were what we were doing?
Someone got their foot run over, and we were going to give them justice

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

precision posted:

i dont even have the nergy to make this funny.

you've never had the nergy

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pedestrians acting like they own the loving road.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

at least op is not one of those dastardly cyclers :argh:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pedestrians acting like they own the loving road.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

precision posted:

hey dummmy. google search a personal inj atty, and let them go hog wild on the ladys insurance

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Drivers seem to really love to creep through crosswalks and slide in right behind/ in front of pedestrians. The law in my state at least is 6 ft or a full lane of space between the driver and pedestrian.

I give pedestrians a lot of space when I'm the driver and I'm not polite when I'm the pedestrian and drivers get too close to me.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

lol, stupid rear end..

youre literally a walking talking $ sign to any half decent inj law firm

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Did she have hefty honkers? Cops like those.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I mean, your foot is probably straight up broken. Unless someone who knows more about cars and weight distribution than I do comes in and says otherwise, I know that cars weigh approximately a fuckton and having all that weight pass through a tire into your foot will absolutely break and crush it. IMO, this SHOULD be an open and close thing with a lawyer, considering the probable 9-1-1 call and the people who would have seen your physical condition and all.

Sorry you went through that, I got hit by a car many years ago and to this day I still think I have some lingering permanent damage outside of the superficial minor scars. I think IIRC I was in pain for about two week afterward? Best thing you can do is try to sleep as much as possible and let your mind try to run away from the agony as it heals. Also go to a loving hospital if the ambulance didn't take you there already so they can actually look at your foot.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A protip OP. Don't try and trip up a car with your foot. It doesn't work like you'd expect.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i bet this fool didnt even have the app.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

gasoline and matches, one weird trick property owners HATE

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

precision posted:

Before I got to "poor" I just assumed you're not white. Pigs gonna pig.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I broke one of the bones in the middle of my foot in high school. Instead of a full on cast, they gave me a walking boot, and I wore it until it healed. It helped a lot -- it kept the weight off my foot and was a hell of a lot easier to get around with than crutches. You can get one at places like Walmart or CVS for like $40-50.

I realize you said "poor" and I know $40 is a lot if you're living in your car, but if you don't have healthcare and can't afford to get x-rays and a cast, this might be worth looking into.

Definitely sue some people, but in the meantime, get a boot so your probably broken foot doesn't get worse.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

what were you wearing

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

what were you wearing

I'm guessing an asphalt-colored trenchcoat

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007