Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Matinee posted:

I’d say the worse crime of Chibnall was having the Master say “oh yeah, I found Gallifrey, but I killed everyone, they’re all Cybermen now btw. This all happened off-screen”.

Kind of undoes a lot of the Time War arc that spanned both RTD and Moffat’s eras, the closest thing to a proper through-line that the whole revival has had.

Absolutely this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Happy 7-year anniversary to Heaven Sent

gently caress, the better part of a decade, my god

what an all-timer though

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

I worry we don't have a prayer of fixing that problem until we all collectively decide capitalism sucks first.

It's this and it's the same deal with climate change too

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It's a great joy to me that though he knew he would soon forget, the War Doctor is just so pleased/satisfied when he finally does regenerate. He "dies" knowing that in the end he did the right thing, the "Doctor" thing, and that everything was gonna be okay, even if it would take him another 3 lives to realize that.

:unsmith:

Always good coming out of the other side of the dark life of the soul

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's Sooz Kempner not Shirley Henderson (who's 20 years older, for a start)

Sooz Kempner?! No way! Good for her

(clip looks like poo poo though lol)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Payndz posted:

Finally watched this, and :stare:

It's a trailer that does the exact opposite of what a trailer is meant to do, in that it's put me off ever wanting to see the thing it's advertising. Impressive!

(Maybe Quirky Quippington the universe's greatest assassin will actually turn out to be an all-time classic DW character. But I'm willing to wait for the judgement of history on that.)

It's extremely bad, and much as I love Sooz I'm not sure how or why she wound up with this role

Here she is in her element (knowledge of recent UK politics helps):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG5gCg24DTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ1a9NZyYcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yjTuNXpu9k

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Hahaha hot drat that's awesome

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Colin is The Definitive Big Finish Doctor as far as I'm concerned. I absolutely adore the BF Sixth Doctor. I'd go so far as to say he's in my top three or four Doctors ever, and he probably edges out Paul McGann even (though it's close)

The fact that he got the chance to have his interpretation bloom is up there along with McGann's 50th anniversary appearance in terms of entirely welcome and unpredictable developments. Love it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Confusedslight posted:

The brilliant thing about big finishs large catalogue is that there is still so much 6th doctor content I've yet to hear! There's a good portion from around 2008ish - 2016 of sixth doctorness I haven't listened to at all and I look forward to getting to it!

We're so lucky that he decided to come back to doctor who after everything they happened during his tenure.

You're doubly lucky, because his run with Evelyn Smythe (Maggie Stables) is the best he has and as far as I'm concerned some of the best Who ever. Seriously, start with The Marian Conspiracy and go from there. They're an amazing team and bring out the best in each other. Wonderful stuff

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

what's the vibe of cardiff? rewatching nuWho now and I'm never quite sure what the jape is when it's referenced.

Cardiff is cool because it's in Wales and not in England (although there are still plenty of english within it)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

God I loved Eccleston in the role so so much. That first season is fire, farting aliens and all

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

T.Bakes seems to have made amends with pretty much everyone he pissed off at this point and has mellowed into the cool mad slightly irascible but very lovable great uncle you might hope he'd be. He even gets on with Lalla Ward now

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Right, but all of the outfit variations start happening in series 7, right? Series 5 and 6 are like 400 years of his life and he wears that one outfit for virtually all of that time? Bull poo poo i tell you

In season 5 he changes between two tweed jackets and changes his shirt and bowtie. Season 6 he has a tweed jacket and also that green trench coat thing, changes shirt and bowtie very often. That plus any one off outfits (tuxedos, etc).

He really is one of the doctors who changed things up more often than most, at least in the modern era

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

And then it never happens again unless I'm forgetting a scene. :(

It literally never happens again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Awwwwwww Sly :3: