Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So it took for-gently caressing-ever, but I finally caught up on the series.

The new Doctor looks interesting. What can you all tell me about this David Tennant fellow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

armpit_enjoyer posted:

frankly, NuWho is due for some lost episodes and that one should be the first to go

Look, sometimes you need a Warriors of the Deep to remind you of the good in the show!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

The Doctor barely starts to tip over a railing.
Tegan: Doctor look o-
Turlough: Give it up Tegan, he's clearly dead, it's time we move on with our lives!
Theme Sting plays

In Mark's defense, it was a way to get that horrible serial done more quickly!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I remember when British fans were worried about Catherine Tate being on the show, even just for the Christmas special.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This just in - Three Men In a Boat renamed Two Man In a Bucket.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I thought the city from The Witcher 3.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Don't look up what the author of that episode's been up to lately.

We're lucky that the actors who've portrayed the Doctor have all been relatively decent people. Patrick Troughton, for example, was a dedicated family man!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

That's amazing, just dancing his little heart out while the confused crew watches on. :3:

But enough about Daniel Garcia, what about Sacha?

For the record, I said "generally decent" people. Nobody's perfect, but I don't think we have to worry about someone finding out Colin Baker and Rose West exchanged gardening tips.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
We're all forgetting that this actor was known for The Deal and State of Play before being cast as the next Doctor.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Reminder, this is what David Tennant looked like in his first appearance as the Doctor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa3NM9Jhkn0&t=151s

He's so YOUNG! :stare:

Yeah, I remember that moment. "New Labour. That's weird."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyexKUSKFW0&t=122s

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So what I'm hearing is, I need to rewatch Elementary.

And I never knew about the Clive Merrison radio plays. Time to use a VPN to download them from the BBC player!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t care how old and grey and out of shape he gets, I will watch literally any new Doctor Who with McCoy in it.

Eccleston may have been “My Doctor” because of when I got into the show, but Sly will always be “My Doctor” of choice :allears:

I'm the same way with McGann.

"Another Big Finish spin-off with a secondary character... oh, Eight's in it. Why is this in my shopping cart?"