Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Probably not, but the Xenomorphs definitely are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

fractalairduct posted:

The thing about The Unicorn and the Wasp is that the script is entirely based on shoehorning the titles of as many Agatha Christie books as possible into the dialogue. If you know enough Christie to look out for that, it's a real fun time.

If Chibnall was showrunner, he would not have had the sense of mind to refrain from dropping a reference to the original title of And Then There Were None in the final script.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Most of the scripts of Chibbers' tenure should've done with actual script editing, and whilst Chibnall probably wouldn't have written the hard-r into the script, Gareth Roberts definitely would have.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

If someone’s got the new DWM, they could check there, as it has a feature on the last scene.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Winslet is probably rich enough that she can do projects like this without breaking a sweat.

I'd joke about bringing Terrence Hardiman back in a Demon Headmaster reboot just to satisfy my 90s childhood nostalgia but apparently they already did that a couple years ago.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/mikecosimano/status/1593421468687138817

If RTD doesn’t have a meme department up and running at Bad Wolf he’s missing a trick.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

"gently caress's sake, dad, just cos granddad did this to you…"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Even with the noncey vibes from Evans marrying someone half his age (Billie had just turned eighteen when they started dating, IIRC), on balance he’s still most likely a better person than her second husband.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Could be worse, though, it could be Saraya in AEW. Now there’s someone with a really bad radar.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Harriet Jones (Former Prime Minister)

Yes, we know who she is.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

DW could’ve had a full series in 2009 if Tennant wanted it; it wasn’t until midway through Matt’s second that budget overruns started to be a massive thing that they had to do slip to “a new bunch of episodes roughly every eighteen months”.

The announcement at the NTA that David was stepping down was the biggest chad poo poo I’ve ever seen, though.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Just do a Modified 6B Theory: Two basically gets strong-armed into working for the CIA, and then at some point after Two Doctors, he has to regenerate into Fugitive for reasons unknown.

She does more dirty work for the CIA before the first fight against the Sugar Skull Gang. There she finds out some poo poo she shouldn’t have, tries to bail for a bunch of time before she gets found and then is forced to regenerate into Three, with the Time Lords being like “well if you like Earth so much why don’t you just stay there”.

Also fixes up the plot-hole with Fugitive having the blue box before stealing the faulty TARDIS.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

This has been my take on it as well, it's just a separate thing to the Timeless Child nonsense, she's just one of the forced regenerations foisted on the Second Doctor before they ended up at the Third.

I honestly, legitimately thought we were gonna get a final episode where the Fugitive Doctor starts regenerating and then cut to (the HD!) footage from Spearhead from Space of Pertwee falling out of the TARDIS.

I mean, my whole view on the Timeless Child thing is "you're trusting the Master on this? The exact same man who proved the Matrix could be edited?". It would be funny if the Timeless Child was the Master all along, though. 😂

(Also, if you add in a memory wipe, then you can write away Handy counting as an incarnation as Eleven knowing he doesn't have any juice left in the regeneration tank but he can't figure out why because he can only count eleven previous faces.)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/badwolfarchives/status/1600446187051446272?s=46

Really hope it’s 8x60, but I’ll honestly take 8x45 if RTD can deliver a proper schedule.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You clearly didn’t get the DVD with extra features (with even more of Six!)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Rosa was co-written by Malorie Blackman (the show's first black writer) and directed by Mark Tonderai (the show's first black director), so it wasn't just Chibnall trying to be detached but still preachy. Although the script almost certainly got its messages toned down by Chibnall and the higher-ups.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Does he need a shirt? He’s got a top on.

She has a name, you know.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Two of Moffat's best episodes came out within four weeks of each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgVJDd5vHfw

:o:: "You are so doing those roots."
:v:: "What the roots of the sunset?"
:mad:: "Shut up!"
:grin:: "I'll have to check with 'the stars themselves'."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

"Twenty-four years." never fails to get me to sob like a giant softy, which is exactly what you want at Christmas. :kimchi:

Dabir posted:

Shame the first 90% of that episode is completely insufferable

It's a Christmas episode, it's supposed to be a silly romp.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7154413503300832518

Everyone when you say you liked Flux.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

In lieu of a new special, I just got through a "Husbands of River Song" rewatch.

The ending never fails to get me right in the feels. :cry:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I would like a version of the Ballad of Russell and Julie without the joke about Barrowman being a sex pest on set.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Tate and Tennant also have a marvellous chemistry that was lightning in a bottle to capture.

There’s a reason that when the RSC did Much Ado About Nothing in 2011, they were their first picks for Benedick and Beatrice.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Pastamania posted:

RTD's first run would have been far better if a boring Disney suit-type was there to offer the odd 'uh maybe don't have this character gently caress a pavement slab in the mouth' type note.

There's a line in Frozen which implies Kristoff is a little too close to Sven.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Wake up babe, new Dalek discourse dropped:

https://twitter.com/cypunklibrarian/status/1630989562498482178?s=46

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

If I had a nickel for every time someone regenerated into David Tennant on television, I’d now have a quarter.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I’m only counting regenerations depicted in the Time Lord way; it’s probably more if you expand the definition (otherwise Brendan Gleeson would also count.)

(The list, I have is, is Christopher Eccleston, Jon Culshaw as Tony Blair, Tennant himself, Jodie Whittaker, and now Lenny Henry. All five of which have played the Doctor in some way!)

TinTower fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 18, 2023

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

McGann posted:

Unfortunately, if rumors are to be believed today, Loki just got canned.

Eh, canning completed projects is more of a WB thing than a Mouse thing.

Given how essential Loki is to the current big story arc of the films, they’re probably doing a bunch of rescheduling than outright cancellation.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I would say A Fix with Sontarans, but that is improved by Janet Fielding saying “it’s hideous! It’s revolting!” when Savile’s face appears on the TARDIS screen.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Well, we can all easily get off the fence now and declare Doom’s Day to be good

https://twitter.com/ianlevine/status/1637849699318222851?s=46

(someone post the gif)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

That would require Levine to make a good point to begin with.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The World's Worst People™️ going after Doom's Day and/or Sooz Kempner is probably a better advertisement for the thing than the video ad.

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1638553880626618371

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Nah, Roy just gets too caught in the lie that he just has to sit there until the end of the episode.

Sure, he could’ve just said “look, it was either I use the disabled loos or I piss my pants”, but at the same time Ted could’ve just gone outside to talk to the Chinese family on Craggy Island and say “I was being racist and it was wrong of me, I’m sorry”, but that doesn’t make for 22 minutes of comedy.

And if he did, we wouldn’t have him attributing his sake disability to “…acid?”

…come to think of it, does Linehan realise he’s basically become that lady with the shopping bags who complains to Ted about the Greeks inventing gays?

TinTower fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 24, 2023

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Davros1 posted:

"4K Doctor Who Title Sequence 1967-1969" is the worst title for an episode

The 4K Doctor Who Title Sequence 1967–1969…

*twang!*

OF DEATH.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1642913986390654976?s=46

:sickos:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/DrWhoMoment/status/1650575437410766848

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/whovianlife/status/1652372912400113665

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You say musical episode; I say Matrix Resurrections sequel.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/handsandstars/status/1653754587365482501?s=46

This loving fandom sometimes :nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

If I had to see it, you must all suffer with me.