Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Rochallor posted:

AND ANOTHER THING about that loving episode: what kind of an rear end-backwards decision is it to introduce the McGuffin as a small child, then always show it as a CGI energy monster, instead of the other way around? You show a little girl in chains, cut in a couple frames of a digital squid wriggling around so you know it's a space fucker and it's too stressed to keep its image up or whatever, and then it's just a girl. It's cheaper and the audience cares about it more!

It's such a small thing, but it's almost impressive to get it so wrong.

As I was watching, I honestly thought for a bit that the girl on the train was actually a little girl, and the energy thing was projecting itself as the girl. Just a separate issue, and the doctor saw it like that because the girl was on her mind, and we'd be getting back to that plot eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Bolded part mine. Yeah, it ties itself up in knots so much to make any kind of even superficial sense and even setting aside the distaste for "the Doctor is secretly a key element in creating a core aspect of the Time Lords as know them and also a super special mysterious alien from another universe because being a mysterious alien from this universe apparently isn't enough anymore?" my takeaway of the whole thing is,"What was even the point of any of this?" It apparently didn't change anything, didn't add anything, didn't go anywhere or have any reason for existing beyond Chibnall apparently wanting to give whatever weird idea he had about the Doctor's origins the "official" stamp.

This in particular is really funny to me, because it's this big revelation that answers a question the viewers aren't asking "Where did the time lords get this power from?" and leaves them with a new question they may actually then be asking "So then, where did the Doctor get this power from?" which the episode is not curious about at all. The Doctor is just from somewhere else. The End.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That rules I'm hooting and hollering

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Creature posted:

“I’m not going to unwrite my good friend Chris Chibnall’s work on ‘The Timeless Children’. I’m not going to deny what he wrote. I’m going with it. It’s absolutely fine. It’s canon. It happened. It was transmitted. You cannot unwrite things, that would be absolutely rude to a great colleague and a lovely friend.”

lol that the idea of it came up as a topic at all