Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This really feels like 2010 again with a big US media blitz about Doctor Who. Gatwa doing morning TV as part of the Disney+ announcement, a bunch of YouTube/Tiktok videos explaining what the show/The Doctor is about.

Especially interesting to be promoting this all a year out. Although, there's been some rumblings about [something] happening at Christmas, if that's valid or not. Would make more sense the way they're pushing this at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That shirt looks very comfortable

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My completely unfounded theory with the like 5 seconds of footage they have of the 15th Doctor is that it's some Quantum Leap situation where he's in some kind of waiting room or extra dimensional space trying to figure out why he's not the Doctor

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

New Doctors, even if it's old Tennant Doctor are still exciting because the future can be anything. I felt the same way towards the end of 11 and 12 that I was ready to move on to the next thing filled with a bit of optimism.

Given its an anniversary go-round I expect the quality should be pretty good. Although I am kind of just waiting patiently for Gatwa. I'm more interested in that character than Ten-2-Ant.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The fun thing is if you don't like the new show, there's absolutely no way of knowing if it's corporate meddling or RTD losing his fastball. I think some people are resigned to the idea that anything bad is because of Disney, which I guess they make a good scapegoat.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Wonder what would even be a spin-off as it currently stands. A Torchwood/Unit thing might need some sort of reintroduction in the next series or so to establish it again. Severe long shot but even like a limited series of 8th Doctor Adventures would be neat just to get him more screen time.

It's a bit hard to see the vision at the moment for me since the Doctor is the interesting part of it all, not the supporting cast, before it goes all Doctor Who Shared Universe.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I know it's not a basketball, but confirmed the 9th Doctor can hoop.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Put Ryan Gosling in Doctor Who

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1668633926385152004

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Later on in that article too

https://twitter.com/naylorillo/status/1678446956555714560

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Doctor Whorny

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Confusedslight posted:

I'm deep down expecting to be emotionally devastated by how the arc ends. I hope Donna gets a positive ending but I don't think that will be the case.

10 gets another chance at life but ends up in another Wilf situation with Donna. Doesn't whine about it this time, happy ending.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

In Davies own words and the content, content, content era we all live in, I wonder if they'd ever do two Doctor Who shows at the same time. Not a spin-off, but two shows starring a Doctor. Give Paul McGann his one TV series before he gets too old.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I like the poster/promo for the third one

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bad Hoof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006