Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't happen often, but I would occasionally bump into cups on my desk, so I finally bought some cupholders that clip onto the side of my desk. Now I can gesticulate wildly at my screen without any worries, and it frees up some space.

What are some other things are out there to solve problems I didn't even know I had that you use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shadow0 posted:

Now I can gesticulate wildly at my screen without any worries

txt me :wink:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shadow0 posted:

It doesn't happen often, but I would occasionally bump into cups on my desk, so I finally bought some cupholders that clip onto the side of my desk. Now I can gesticulate wildly at my screen without any worries, and it frees up some space.

What are some other things are out there to solve problems I didn't even know I had that you use?

look at what we lost when we got rid of the optical drive tray. just pure chaos.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

look at what we lost when we got rid of the optical drive tray. just pure chaos.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i bought a cheap ashtray for my desk so i stop emptying my weed pipe into an empty lacroix can

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

imagine thinking irrelevant things like airflow are more important that’s this

modern case design has lost its way

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I bought an option on my sit/stand desk that mounts a bottle opener to the underside so i can open beers at my desk

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't know op. everyone already knows about monitor arms I assume. I have an ikea cabinet door I put under my tower so it's not directly on the floor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rackmount everything

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

use fun-tack to removably stick things to your desk

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I bought an option on my sit/stand desk that mounts a bottle opener to the underside so i can open beers at my desk

One of these, but for Nerf guns for any time someone comes into my office to question my code
I guess a real gun also works really well

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that is right up my alley

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shadow0 posted:

One of these, but for Nerf guns for any time someone comes into my office to question my code

those clips should be turned around so the bullets face up

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shadow0 posted:

dont post pictures of american classrooms itt

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shadow0 posted:

the Jonny bottle opener

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

a good set of speakers and one of these:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

rackmount everything

imagine matching with a chick on tinder and she said she had a great rack but when you get to her place you fine out she meant boobies not a computer :cry:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i absolutely will not

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

i bought a cheap ashtray for my desk so i stop emptying my weed pipe into an empty lacroix can

Get a bong with water you noob

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chill Monster posted:

are you taking the piss

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Chill Monster posted:

i have like a thousand dollars in high end glass that i never use and am giving away. thats teen poo poo. hot couch guy. i'm not that man any more.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i gave my bong to a buddy in grad school who promptly broke it, which was fine by me. i still have a nice spoon and bubbler and some other pieces in a drawer that i don't wanna throw away but also will probably never use again

so i guess i'll just have some pipes in a drawer in perpetuity

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
my advice is to get a second monitor, keyboard, mouse, everything so that you can keep poasting without interruption when your cat lies right in the way

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
op if you removed your keyboard from you’re posting station your post quality would probably be enhanced

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bit of pot pouri and triple ply really enhances my posting station

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

echinopsis posted:

imagine matching with a chick on tinder

stopped reading here

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

stopped reading here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah forgot that you have to have some kind of real life reference to imagine something

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

yeah forgot that you have to have some kind of real life reference to imagine something

lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

im always on the lookout for a good knob

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

love my griffin powermate

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

love my griffin powermate

hey lois

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

wtfs a tinder

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it's used for making fires.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

5 1/4" bay accessories like this are what made computers good imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Chill Monster posted:

6 months later: ugh what smells like fuckin bongwateOH NO

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i stapled sheets of wool under my desk so when i put the heater on i get a nice little cosy zone going

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

think i might buy it

http://www.xoxide.com/xray1.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
lol holy poo poo xoxide