Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh no this monologue is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Yeah? I'm enjoying it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Huh this didn’t even show in my tv guide. I guess I’ll watch tomorrow.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DAVE CHAPPELLE AND BLACK STAR NEXT WEEK????

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, that was an incredibly tepid take on both Twitter and Trump.

pwn
May 27, 2004

A greedy, panicked racoon

Also: gently caress Chappelle and honestly gently caress Lorne and SNL.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Well, that was an incredibly tepid take on both Twitter and Trump.

They don't want to lose their accounts.

pwn
May 27, 2004

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
This song is putting me to sleep

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

black star put out their first album in two decades a year ago and it was loving awful, like one of the worst i've ever heard. their first album is in my top five all-time

DaveWoo posted:

This song is putting me to sleep

yeah he's boring

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ this dog period sketch is cracking me the gently caress up lol. i am the low-hanging fruit

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

i say swears online posted:

DAVE CHAPPELLE AND BLACK STAR NEXT WEEK????

Ugh gently caress this show.

I encourage everybody to reply to their tweet about it with the don Cheadle pic they are currently being flooded with

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

i say swears online posted:

jesus christ this dog period sketch is cracking me the gently caress up lol. i am the low-hanging fruit

i lolled because i had a dog that definitely went thru the dirty clothes hamper looking for underwear

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I encourage everybody to reply to their tweet about it with the don Cheadle pic they are currently being flooded with

https://twitter.com/geMRose90/status/1589105378800771073

snl twitter gonna be lit this week

pwn
May 27, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1589117129378258944

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

honestly didn't expect steve to be so tame and lame

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

they could have renamed snl this about 25 years ago tbh

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Steve Lacy and the band were definitely paying homage to this right?

pwn
May 27, 2004

From Schumer's IG

Explains why there were no Thursday promos, drat. Glad he's doing better.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
sorry to hear that. I might've been in a bad mood to start with, but unfortunately I didn't laugh at much other than her monologue.

I thought the soup sketch was pretty funny in theory but something was missing in the delivery.

Bummed they're bringing in Chappelle for another smug "I told you so" after the election.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i wonder if chappelle voted for jd vance lol

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
why hasnt chappel been cancled for saying the no no word?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ups_rail posted:

Because comedians are, like, modern day philosophers, man, and they should be allowed to say whatever they want!

I'm kidding, of course. I actually hate that argument, because the whole "modern day philosopher" tag is always given to comedians who stopped even trying to be funny years ago, but just go on unfunny rants about right wing political talking points as their "act", never even getting to a funny part. And when I point out how they're not funny, I'm told I'm too "woke" or just don't get it. George Carlin made good points. But he was also, you know, funny.

Like, I'm not saying everyone has to be as inoffensive as Jim Gaffigan (who, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy). But, at some point during this 5 minute screed about gay and trans people, are you going to try to make anyone laugh? Or are you just getting some angry bullshit off your chest? Because I'm not interested in the latter.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 10, 2022

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ups_rail posted:

Because most people don't pay attention and remember his reputation from two decades ago when he was famous for ~making fun of everyone~ and they don't realize that now most of his humor is just transphobic nonsense thrown out to make red meat conservatives giggle.

Dave has gone down the Dennis Miller/Bill Maher pipeline of becoming an unironically right wing culture warrior.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
See I thought it was because chapplle was a black man yelling the no no word and people would laught because it was saying the word "ironically" while other people would laugh because he "wasnt" saying the naughty word ironically.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

People get upset and it makes the headlines. But realistically, not enough of the country actually cares enough about the trans community to cancel someone for making bad jokes :(

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
To paraphrase Carlin: punching down is lazy writing.

Chappelle has a huge platform and enormous reach and he uses it to go "eww those people are gross hahaha."

In the current climate that kind of bigotry is basically calling for pogroms when presented on the national stage, but it is also just lazy, hack comedy that literally doesn't appeal to any segment of SNL's target audience.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Weird Al is to good and pure to stoop down to SNL.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah why would Weird Al damage his reputation by being on SNL lol

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah why would Weird Al damage his reputation by being on SNL lol

Just do a Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing with him. Have Daniel Radcliffe host, have Radcliffe do promos as "Weird Al" as the musical guest and just have the actual Weird Al show up to do the musical performances.

Albuqurque and You don't love me anymore would work great for the performances too. One is high energy and more rock, the other is just a ballad.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SNL only gets C listers to host these days. Unless Tom Hanks is bored or Comcast tricks one of their sitcom / late night people to do the show.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

seaborgium posted:

Just do a Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing with him. Have Daniel Radcliffe host, have Radcliffe do promos as "Weird Al" as the musical guest and just have the actual Weird Al show up to do the musical performances.

Albuqurque and You don't love me anymore would work great for the performances too. One is high energy and more rock, the other is just a ballad.

Isn't that the opposite of a Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing? In that you have two people pretending to be one, instead of one person pretending to be two? Either way, I'm down for it.

Also, I got to see Weird Al sing Albuquerque live once, at a Star Wars 501st party. It loving ruled. But there's basically zero chance SNL would let him do it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

seaborgium posted:

this would be incredible

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

thrawn527 posted:

Isn't that the opposite of a Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing? In that you have two people pretending to be one, instead of one person pretending to be two? Either way, I'm down for it.

Also, I got to see Weird Al sing Albuquerque live once, at a Star Wars 501st party. It loving ruled. But there's basically zero chance SNL would let him do it.

Eh, it's trickery with the musical guest. Whatever it is, it'd be cool which is why it will never happen.

Saw him do it live once too, he stopped halfway through and said they made a mistake and started over. It was incredible.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

SNL only gets C listers to host these days. Unless Tom Hanks is bored or Comcast tricks one of their sitcom / late night people to do the show.

The back to back double duty hosting of two people who absolutely shouldn’t be doing that really screams being utterly desperate right now.

When in doubt just get people who are known for comedy, even if they’re not huge draws.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a few writers boycotting, no cast members

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/finallevel/status/1591515048396349443?s=46&t=62RYjHEhMd1ynB9GUIBtKQ

Uh, okay?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm honestly kind of shocked more cast/crew aren't boycotting Chappelle. Do we know which writers have, or just that it's 'a few'? Is there enormous pressure on the cast, unable to move against unless they've already got clout (which SNL cast members rarely do)? Or do they just make a habit of hiring spineless people?

Also honestly a bit nervous for how it goes down tonight. I wonder if they'll even touch Dave's controversies with a ten-foot pole. Maybe Mulaney comes out and we get a big teary apology from both of them. I'll probably be nervously refreshing this thread at least during the monologue, but I'll come home after work and watch a pirated copy.

Lorne has too much power.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A rare miss from Ice T.

I don't know if I want to watch the show tonight. It seems like it would be a chore and Chapelle just sucks as a person.

Weird Al should never go on SNL. He should have his own show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Codependent Poster posted:

A rare miss from Ice T.

I don't know if I want to watch the show tonight. It seems like it would be a chore and Chapelle just sucks as a person.

Weird Al should never go on SNL. He should have his own show.

I think him being the band for the the last season of CBB is the closest we'll get but it's still lots of Werid Al.