Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Doing NaNo as well, for the second year - got 23k words so far. Working on the first draft of the third novel in a fantasy series, and learning some things - like how there's something wrong with my chapter outlines, or maybe I'm just not good at organizing them, because the chapter word-count varies wildly. In this one, first chapter got to 5.8k words, while the second one is 13.4k lol.
Considering I got 18 chapters, that overshoots my expected 120k-150k final amount a bit. To be fair, I have split the story into following 4 separate characters, and I'm just not experienced enough to organize something like that properly. But hey, at least I'm keeping pace with the 50k words deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Completed at 50.027 words with 1 day to spare :toot:

Was in trouble about a week ago, where a nasty ear infection put a hamper on my output - it's not fun to write when it feels like someone is poking at your ear canal with a knife! But I had built up a buffer on some of the earlier days, so it all worked out in the end, and the ear infection thankfully went away fairly quickly, too. Now I just need to finish the final 100k words of this draft...