Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Just found this thread. I'm doing the NaNo too. My project is the follow up my first book, the first draft of which I finished in September. Took a break from that one to let it ferment. So far I'm on fire. Having more fun being creative than I've had in years. Passed 20k words last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Is it bad that I forgot that there was an official webpage? Didn't register for those sweet sweet badges.

But I did pass the 40k word count this morning!

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
50,047 words. Hooray, I succeeded in my first NaNo.
Of course, I was only using it a goad to keep me writing on this book. I estimate there's another 30k at least to wrap it up satisfactorily.
Still, I'm happy with my effort and honestly this is the most fun I've had doing creative things in years.