Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today
I have decided that I'm not formally doing NaNo this year, but if you want writing sprints, I'll still be livestreaming those daily over on my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/PaperTigerProductions

What I am doing instead: forcing myself to the end of my current WIP. Yesterday I was at that low, low point where I'm absolutely convinced the whole thing, all 100k words of it, is utter trash. Come hell or high water, I am going to force myself through the remaining ~20-30k words left, I swear. And then...I'll deal with revisions in December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

Ovenmaster posted:

there's something wrong with my chapter outlines, or maybe I'm just not good at organizing them, because the chapter word-count varies wildly. In this one, first chapter got to 5.8k words, while the second one is 13.4k lol.

:hfive: this is me. Don't worry about the chapter lengths, you can smooth that all out later.

Me, I'm not NaNoing but have decided that the outline can go to hell. I'm just gonna write :words: until I get to "The End" now and vibe my way there because I can't think my way out of this one.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

MJeff posted:

Yeah uh this is my first real swing at a novel, is it normal to be like 25k words in and still be really early in your story?

Yes, that was me. Just keep writing :words: and if you need to, you can cut it down in the edits.

Or you can be like me, and panic when you realize the final word count is going to be massively over blown and just...write up to the end of Act I and call it Book 1 of a series instead.