Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

GrandmaParty posted:

The secret is it's not about looks, it's about speed and power so your friends know you're better.

A powerlifter I used to work with asked me, "Would rather look like you can bench 350 or actually be able to bench 350?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Depends on if you know what someone who benches 350 really looks like. Most likely you want to look like what most people imagine a person who benches 350 looks like.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Will Sharpe (Ethan) is probably new to most people ITT but it's been weird for me to see him in this because I've been following him for a bit. He wrote and starred in a British dramedy show (Flowers) that was really good but which nobody watched, and was also really good in Giri/Haji, which nobody watched also. He also wrote and directed a movie with Benedict Cumberbatch that came out last year which I haven't seen yet. I didn't expect him to show up in this show opposite Aubrey Plaza looking hench as gently caress, but good for him

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Paperhouse posted:

Will Sharpe (Ethan)...was also really good in Giri/Haji, which nobody watched also.

I've definitely seen people rave about his performance in this.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

withak posted:

Depends on if you know what someone who benches 350 really looks like. Most likely you want to look like what most people imagine a person who benches 350 looks like.

I know what powerlifters look like.

No, thank you.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
https://tvline.com/2022/11/18/the-white-lotus-renewed-season-3-hbo/

renewed

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

What location do y'all want for Season 3? I'm weirdly hoping for Egypt.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Read After Burning posted:

What location do y'all want for Season 3? I'm weirdly hoping for Egypt.

Montana!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 22 days!)

egypt would be cool

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm imagining somewhere cold. Though the middle east would rock, yeah.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm imagining somewhere cold. Though the middle east would rock, yeah.

i could see high end ski resort, but i feel like Force Majeure is in the same vein and would be very hard to top

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Mike White mentioned Asia (and later specifically Japan) as hypotheticals.

Tanya would be less nasty if she went to the rabbit island or a cat Cafe. :colbert:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bruc posted:

I thought the guy playing Tanyas wife looked familiar but couldn't place where I knew him from so I looked him up on imdb and I've gotta say he doesn't look like he could throw a football over a mountain.

he better throw a steak at someone on a bike at some point!!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i could see high end ski resort, but i feel like Force Majeure is in the same vein and would be very hard to top

Both of these would be great but I think this show could get a hell of a lot of mileage out of a South African safari resort.

Did the show explain where Ethan got his money, or is it still up in the air? All I remember is that he suddenly got a windfall of some sort.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 22 days!)

i don't think it's been specifically explained but he's been described as a shut-in nerd in college and is constantly on his laptop so i'm just inferring he developed some app or website or algorithm and it got bought for big money. they might throw a few lines in narrowing it down but they don't really need to be specific because it could be any one of those things and it wouldn't change the story, since these characters are all supposed to be representatives of a type as much as individuals. like with nicole in season 1 - all you get is she works for a search engine company, doesn't really matter about the details. something about lawsuits that was never gone into.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 19, 2022

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Someone mentioned him selling his company, I assumed that it was a tech startup.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah in the last ep it was said he sold his company for a boatload.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

drat I guess Lucia’s gonna collect the whole set lol

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Is this season more than six episodes? I’m enjoying it, but the buildup feels a little slower than season one.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Oh god, what’s going on with Valentina is much worse than I could have thought: her employees are making fun of her behind her back.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Dinosaurs! posted:

Is this season more than six episodes? I’m enjoying it, but the buildup feels a little slower than season one.

7 episodes

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

What are the odds the two dead bodies are Lucia and Mia and that Albie strangled them? This nice guy is going to snap.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

That seems unlikely to me, I'm betting on at least one person out of Cameron, Ethan and Harper. And maybe Bert hits his head and drowns or something.

I really liked the music this episode, the mixing of the Girl With All The Gifts song and the theme song, the organs coming in when they have sex in the church and the "intriguing" music. It was also a hilarious episode but goddamn, it was almost too awkward to watch between Albie and Portia and Valentina.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

My theory is something with Mt Etna, and something stupid. Or a couple of people fall off of the island house. Dream Corp guy and, uh, not sure.

I don't think it'll be Albie. 30 minutes into this episode I could see that but not by the end.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
IMO the two sex workers definitely die. It just fits too well with the season's themes. Couldn't tell you how though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

clown shoes posted:

What are the odds the two dead bodies are Lucia and Mia and that Albie strangled them? This nice guy is going to snap.

This seems like a comically bad, extremely weird guess tbh.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the hotel staff and locals are much less of a focus than in season 1, which was pretty solidly about colonial exploitation. season 2's theme is just adultery lol.

agree that mia and/or lucia are the ones who'll get chewed up and spit out – mia because she's trying to climb above her station, and lucia because it seems like she's lost the #hustle #grindset. albie is absolutely going to freak out but i doubt he'll kill anyone on purpose.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'll be heartbroken if they die, I love them. But that's how I felt about Armand too, so I should start to expect it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not even going to bother trying to guess. If it's anything like season 1 the who, why, and how isn't going to to be easily deduced by watching.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the finale of this season is gonna be a single shot of the reception desk while various dudes come in to add Lucia and Mia to their rooms

this isn’t as hitting as hard as the first season for me but it’s a more than solid follow-up and a good set of new characters

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Harper seems like she could kill someone after this latest episode.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Lucia and Mia are this seasons main characters.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Open Source Idiom posted:

IMO the two sex workers definitely die. It just fits too well with the season's themes. Couldn't tell you how though.
I think the themes will be be built around that legend with the Moorish dude's head being used as a decoration everywhere. The story there was a woman killing her lover when she found out he had a family back home. Killing a sex worker because you find out she's a sex worker I guess has a strand in common but also is very different... I think a woman is gonna kill a man. Maybe Greg gets killed by Tanya having an episod when she finds out he has a secret family. But there's gonna be more than one death... so idk

MP1989
Aug 14, 2022
Albie is a nice guy with no game. He isn't a "nice guy" misogynist you idiots.

poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan
Hoping to see some Cameron on Ethan action before the poo poo really hits the fan.

British dude is cute as heck, he's my favorite now.

No the show is not making me thirsty shut up.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I’m wondering if Greg leaving is a misdirect and he’s not actually cheating. Like, he’s probably hiding something but Tanya blowing up his life and leaving him with nothing over a vague suspicion, some newer, fresher friends, and a tarot reading would be very on-brand.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

MP1989 posted:

Yeah, Albie’s ok for the most part. I don’t think he’s secretly a “nice guy” who is just waiting to unleash his inner misogynist. Portia and Albie just don’t have that much of a connection ultimately. They’re both young, hot, and single but that doesn’t mean they’re automatically going to have chemistry just because they happen to be in the same place at the same time. It’s not really either one’s fault.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

In the preview at the end of last night's episode, there's a nice callback to last season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MP1989 posted:

He's one of the few actual good people in the show, much like his Grandpa imo, so naturally he'll get absolutely destroyed.

I felt SO bad for the dude this last episode. Girl makes a huge deal about setting up a date with you then immediately ditches you the moment she talks to another person around their age... and he's too sweet to really notice the evil that's circling him.

All around great acting. Put F Abraham Murray (or swap em, I alway always forget) and Michael Imperioli in everything, imo. Dude was a highlight in Mythic Quest and he's a pleasure to watch every scene in White Lotus.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You think the grandpa is an actual good person?