Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is there no S1 thread? I'm just now watching that season and so far it owns. Definitely scratches the "everyone's an insane rear end in a top hat" itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Read After Burning posted:

I'm in the minority here, but I kinda preferred S1. :hfive: Let's discuss!
No idea how it compares since I've only seen like half of the first one so far. But I've heard the S1>S2 opinion from others too.

I don't know if I can say much so far, other than I really enjoy the low key ridiculousness punctuated by absolutely :tviv: poo poo happening once in a while like the girls busting out more and more drugs or the rimjob scene that inevitably causes me to lose my poo poo. Curious to see what kind of bigger point it'll coalesce on other than [rich] people are nuts

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just watched the S2 premiere after a pause. Good kickoff, not much else to say so far.

I had no idea where it was supposed to be set (though the opening credits gave away Italy) and it was surprising to see that they seemed to at least partially shoot on location in Taormina. Really cool place. Also makes sens to have White Lotus as a chain so they can jump around as they want. Thailand would be a good location too though I wonder if it wouldn't be too similar to Hawaii in terms of setting, especially if they never leave the resort.

E: I also now get the thread title

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 30, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Read After Burning posted:

You may be combining the creator's mention that he'd like to go to Asia (specifically Japan) next, with this thread's discussion that somewhere snowy would be a fun change.

My vote was Egypt!
Egyptian resorts are full of russians so that might be interesting cold-war like awkward dynamics

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
One episode to go.

Curious to see what happens but I think you guys are too harsh on my boy Ethan. He's kind of a moron (so I can identify with him) and they obviously have some pre-existing relationship issues but I think it'd be pretty hard for anyone to sell "Yes we did get very drunk and high with two hookers and brought them to our room but I didn't touch them and went to sleep alone while my friend hosed them both, don't tell his wife ok".

And now Harper's either loving with him or is actually interested in loving his friend. Pretty messed up either way, and she was kind of terrible from the very beginning too.

Happy for Valentina. She reminds me of my former manger, though she was Italian and never tried to ask me out :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Watched the finale. Holy poo poo, that's quite a conclusion.

Too much to unpack here especially since everyone moved on already. I do feel like I was mostly right w/r/t Ethan, since Cameron was trying to gently caress his wife (undressing, groping under the table) and she did flirt with him and go up to the room with the intention to either get back at Ethan or just because she was horny. Obviously he's still an rear end in a top hat for covering for Cameron initially.

I'm not sure if they got "infected" by their crazy friends and will now casually cheat on each other, or just got over whatever was messing up their relationship and would be mostly fine for now. I did love Harper's reaction at the dinner dinner :lol:

And Tanya going all John Wick on the boat. Good season. I do think S1 was funnier which would put it as more enjoyable watch overall.

a new study bible! posted:

I hope that for season three they can mix it up thematically
It seems like they're changing the themes each season but on the higher level it's always going to be "rich people being assholes in a luxury resort".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Next season's manager has been discovered:

https://www.whio.com/news/local/hilton-hotel-manager-arrested-waking-up-guest-by-sucking-his-toes/YROHUUXFZRAHXNH4SG5PHJ2QWI/