Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Not counting anything due to an actual design fault (controller stick drift, 360 rrod, etc.)

- I've killed at least four fans running them near 24/7 (i have tinnitus, and I just really like having a breeze)
- battery expansion on my Nexus 5 because smart (wireless) charging wasn't a thing yet, where it auto shuts off.
- Destroyed the simtray in my LG G6 because it was cheap lovely plastic, and got caught on something inside, meaning I couldn't even give it away.
- worn out the 3.5mm jack on at least six pairs of headphones at work over the years (mostly various Sennheisers). I am so glad Bluetooth became a thing. 3.5mm is such a trash standard unless it's always left plugged into a device that never moves froma desk. It can't take physical wear and tear at all. Fight me.
- killed a ~2009 era Windows 7 amd shitbox acer by spilling soda onto the keyboard in 2012. Bought a refurb 2012 Mac Mini and never looked back.
- killed an external hdd due to repeated power loss *I think*.
- cheap Hamilton Beach blender with ice cubes
- burnt out the heating element in a cheap Salton/black and Decker rice cooker cause i would make soup with it.
- dropped a plastic flashlight last winter and it broke
- broke the glass on two gen 1 Apple trackpads by dropping them
- broke the piece of plastic connecting the headband and the earpiece to at least 4 Xbox 360 chat headsets (the connector is VERY thin plastic)
- snapped the plastic headband right in the middle of a Sony PS4 Gold headset by casually tossing them onto a couch.
- entry level Yamaha 5.1 avr: one day just stopped outputting anything to the speakers and I don't know why. Reasonably certain it was due to sudden power outages.

Not broken, but I've lost every watch and calculator I've ever owned.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU