Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I'm gonna trep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

After leaving my apartment building for the first time this year I would like to report that little to nothing has changed. Still people out there. I will check back again in two years time.

Why bother?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Spaced God posted:

My coworker got married and two other coworkers wrote long Jordan Peterson quotes in their congratulations card we passed around the office lol.

One of them did it again when another coworker had a kid

lmao

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Business Gorillas posted:

"True equality can be obtained by setting up a recurring payment to the world's richest man" is a pretty good metaphor for liberalism

So that you can make stuff for him

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

lol I don't think that guy understands who he's talking about

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

this was also a very hilarious strategic misstep with his target audience

It's hard not to picture a nerd with his thumbs under his backpack straps offering to buy lunch if everyone promises to be his friend

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Does this mean that money is going to keep working or nah

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Plinkey posted:

unsure yet

I wish they didn't determine whether dollars work with a long series of baseball games, just a simple "no we aren't having an economy next year" would save a lot of heartache

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

tacodaemon posted:

when I want to know about female sexuality, I turn to the expert, Dennis Prager

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1587819209953878019

Every direction except toward Dennis Prager

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If I were a more spiteful person I'd be buying total shitbox cars for a thousand or two, registering/insuring them, and parking them in front of that guy's house forever.

One time I was doing community service and I met a guy who did something like that. He couldn't get the usual street closure permit for this monthly event he'd been doing for years, so he just bought some lovely cars and closed the street himself. Cool guy

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I feel like "if you give us some money every month, we'll deign to show you ads that you might be interested in" is kind of a strange message when you're in the middle of trying not to lose all your advertisers

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

lol what the gently caress

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

If he fuckin announces on Four Seasons Total Landscaping day I am going to holler and shout

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Paula Deen has had some bad years

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Virgil Vox posted:

doyoubutjustuseyourvoteok

I don't think I've ever seen the phrase "do you" used in a way where the person saying it wasn't being an rear end in a top hat

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

magiccarpet posted:

Two guys fighting over a touchscreen is a weird call CNN

My buddies had a band that did a song called "Two Nerds Fighting Over A Calculator" and that song came true

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

lmao

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

goth smoking cloves posted:

Do you all think I can get away with calling off once a month for like 3-4 months straight? I am probably gonna be pretty hungover tomorrow

The two main questions here are do they like you and are they frequently hung over at work

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Violent dumps in the Oregon governor race

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol if Dems keep both chambers

It's the darn supreme court, that's why we can't do anything

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

MORE LIKE DR SCHLONGED

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The Chairman posted:

thinking about all the reasons that might've contributed
  • dems still energized over abortion and women's rights and january 6
  • republicans tuning out because they don't trust elections to be legitimate any more
  • independents flirting with voting GOP but getting spooked at the last minute by Trump popping up this weekend teasing a 2024 run
  • republicans pledging to only vote in person on election day to not legitimize early voting, and then not showing up
  • trump siphoning off millions of dollars from other campaigns through phony fundraising pitches
  • some really dogshit GOP candidates running in races where a generic republican would've cleaned up by 10 points
  • the GOP being handed the shittiest economy since 2008 and choosing to focus on litter boxes in middle school bathrooms instead

That last point is just amazing. Things are hosed out there, it shouldn’t be that hard to run a convincing opposition campaign, especially when the electorate by default believes that your whole brand is being the ones that are good at the economy

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

tacodaemon posted:

yep that's us all right

Marijuanafication

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Who?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

lol 44 billion dollars and this is the kind of friend he buys

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

VideoKid posted:

I was talking to a “liberal” friend about how “he woke left is turning off moderate voters” and I was like it absolutely isn’t. The only people who care about “wokeness” are the terminally online and boomers who spend 16 hours a day watching Fox News.

It’s just not a real-life problem for vast majority of people, it’s basically a bunch of rumors from the next town over that you only hear about from the same handful of morons. It’s a super effective hate word for a certain type of brain, but a pretty good percentage of the population is still able to tell that they haven’t personally been murdered for being cis so far.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Tucker Carlson has Kari Lake and Blake Masters on his show saying they will win, which is a tactic to make their loss seem more suspicious.

I think changing laws so votes get counted on same night would do a lot to eliminate conspiracies. you will always have chuds who will complain of stolen elections but these 3 day delays do a lot to worsen the problem

I really don’t think it matters, they can and would do the same thing with “why are these results so fast, it’s almost like the winner was predetermined.” The only legit election is the one where they win, they’ve said a much themselves

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Man Musk posted:

Folks,

2023 is right around the corner...

Does anybody have any good goals?

I feel like owning a bar isn't a real goal, and so need inspiration...

I’m gonna try to survive

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I have never had a goal in my life.

Me either, it owns. You’re going to get the good and the bad no matter what, narrowing what “good” means only leads to disappointment. Do not seek further attachment, meditate and make a sand mandala, or get high and build a complicated factory in a video game.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Really, opening the disaster menu in SimCity was just embracing the impermanence of all things

I got to actually see some monks making a sand mandala when I was a little kid and it confirmed a lot of suspicions I had about everything. Just some dudes making and destroying something perfect, and maybe selling some bags of mixed sand to the locals who missed the point so bad that they wanted to buy a souvenir. It’s very possibly the best thing I’ve ever seen.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

It's an email forward with someone taking credit for being the main character in it. Has this happened before?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Eleven Eleven posted:

Southern Oregon, once you get South of Cottage Grove, is legit scarier than Eastern Oregon IMHO, even though Eastern Oregon has the worse reputation. Grant's Pass and Medford aren't too bad, and Ashland is the major Blue oasis, but the rest of it is fuckin sketch. I'm way more comfortable in Pendleton/La Grande/Baker City than I am in Roseburg or Klamath Falls.

Medford was looking real rough last time I was down there

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Eleven Eleven posted:

Medford is really rough but it also has a decent Punk scene and plenty of alternative folks. The mainstream culture there is definitely conservative and there are a lot of sketchy rednecks but it has more going for it than Klamath Falls, that's for loving sure.

I grew up in the area. Last time I was in klamath falls I saw a guy with a swastika tattooed on his neck in the walmart

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Very anticlimactic

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I haven't seen MD20/20 in a while

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Buddykins posted:

it had to be easy as hell to be a serial killer back in ye olde days

There was one dude who stole a gun from former president taft's house so yeah I'd say pretty easy

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

someone on local social media said a thing about "would you want people you don't know walking down your street?"
Uh, yeah? It's a fuckin' street?

I like my living room, and I like my car because it’s kind of like my living room because it has chairs and entertainment and snacks in it, but I don’t want to drive my living room anywhere scary so the street needs to also be my living room, and that means NO WEIRDOS

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

You'd think that man of all men would know how to burg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

My girlfriend saw our neighbor in the lobby and said "hey did you hear Jay Leno got decapitated"