Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

https://hachyderm.io/@nvrgrls follow me on mastadon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Just ran into this here list of all mastodon instances in random order, 3 furries on the first page for me:
https://mastodon.help/instances/en

Anyways, I am using the Simplified Federation plug-in on Firefox. Does anybody what is the best plug-in for that functionality on Vivaldi? Or is there a hidden setting now to achieve that without plugins?

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

:rolleyes:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

VictualSquid posted:

Anyways, I am using the Simplified Federation plug-in on Firefox. Does anybody what is the best plug-in for that functionality on Vivaldi? Or is there a hidden setting now to achieve that without plugins?

lol aint no way this is mastodon bullshit is getting any traction

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

I suppose I have the wrong attitude here

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
twitter just announced that links to Mastodon, Facebook, etc (but not Tiktok or Gab) are illegal and will result in bans or suspensions

so i think mastodon is totally going to take off this time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

VictualSquid posted:

3 furries on the first page for me:

you should get that number up. weak metrics

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Nybble posted:

twitter just announced that links to Mastodon, Facebook, etc (but not Tiktok or Gab) are illegal and will result in bans or suspensions

so i think mastodon is totally going to take off this time
conversely: if mastodon doesn't take off after this ...

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Washington Post tech section had an above-the-fold headline article on how to join Mastodon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

eschaton posted:

Washington Post tech section had an above-the-fold headline article on how to join Mastodon

they should run their own instance

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

rotor posted:

they should run their own instance

yeah

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I for one just think it's just neat that the BBS Fidonet drama wars turned out to be a frozen conflict and seamlessly picked back up where they left off all these years later

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2022

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah. i mean, i don't fault anyone for messing about a bit with mastodon, but they should be prepared that it'll be catnip for libertarian weirdos and endless peering drama.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I clicked on a toot on mastodon.social yesterday and according to f12 "developer tools" it took 1.8 minutes to load completely. 30 seconds for everything except for the toot itself and then the rest of the time for the toot. toot toot toot

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i jumped on a mainstream instance with only a slight lefty and techie bent (hachyderm) and have been pleased at how little peering drama there’s been

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

rjmccall posted:

i jumped on a mainstream instance with only a slight lefty and techie bent (hachyderm) and have been pleased at how little peering drama there’s been

yeah hachyderm is the for-the-win instance.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

nvrgrls posted:

toot toot toot

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

just toot

toot suite