Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
love to move to a platform where each individual server admin has access to unencrypted private messages, and also has 100000x less users, dominated almost entirely by nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
mastodon is the federated twitter where a bunch of people run instances and it connects through some bullshit, but people can get mad at each other and sever their server connections. the admin of each instance can read all in/out pms to all the users.

also nobody is ever going to use it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Progressive JPEG posted:

how does moderation work on mastodon?

each server is responsible for it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

don't worry, if one server dislikes another due to not monitoring their users 24/7 with sub-10 minute moderation reaction time, they can sever federation and then none of those users can communicate with each other anymore!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
yeah sure, that's fine.

i just wouldn't trust the kind of person who wants to run a mastodon instance with that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
since anyone can create an instance with very little barrier to entry, people will just create instances to spam/harass anyways.

i kind of like that tbh.

it's like an irc network where anyone can attach a node.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/paul_haine/status/1589577943839346689

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/lukaseder/status/1593883694950977537

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
time to upload shrek on a couple instances

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
except also anyone can attach an instance to the “fediverse”

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290 posted:

getting the mastodon instance i'm on blocked by another one cause i forgot to preface a post with a land acknowledgement

forgot to content warning food too

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/DJ_Link/status/1594740873408954382

seems like they fixed this because it wouldnt let me register as hbag

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
"canoe canoe" -robin williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

VictualSquid posted:

Anyways, I am using the Simplified Federation plug-in on Firefox. Does anybody what is the best plug-in for that functionality on Vivaldi? Or is there a hidden setting now to achieve that without plugins?

lol aint no way this is mastodon bullshit is getting any traction