Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
he's not actually at the helm of the game. he's the producer, not the director. anyone who saw his name attached to it and got decided was fooling themselves from the start, because he's not the one making decisions about what goes in the game, he's making sure the budgets and schedules are kept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
well I'm glad we know the game is a stinker, due to the ESRB remarks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
though lmao at deciding a game is bad from the esrb warnings

it's a complete tossup whether any of those things even appear outside of like one optional scene each. that's how the esrb works

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
hope there is a minigame do to a line of ground up crystal before battles

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this is actually incredible

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

Check out the entire artist soundtrack he has some incredible bangers.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIeoKuc27VXUseoN9-6VGIQKps457EkpQ
Personal fav
https://youtu.be/iXFd6M_6Nto?list=PLIeoKuc27VXUseoN9-6VGIQKps457EkpQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The genre of "chiptune composers that completely knock it out of the park for games that don't really deserve it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPc34mT8xBo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
played more mgs4, up to meeting big mama, and wow naomi is just the loving worst!!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yoshi-P producing FFXVI doesn't mean it's gonna be good, it means we're gonna get a complete game at launch instead of the mess that was FFXV. And also no NFT poo poo on it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

I love that Tim Follin put out kickass music for stuff like solstice and silver surfer and then decades later was just like "I'm gonna make FMV games" so he made Contradiction and At Dead Of Night.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I love that Tim Follin put out kickass music for stuff like solstice and silver surfer and then decades later was just like "I'm gonna make FMV games" so he made Contradiction and At Dead Of Night.

Wait what

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Runa posted:

Wait what

Yup. Tim Follin went from making prog video game music to working in TV with his own company and eventually used the tv stuff to designing, writing, filming, and composing Contradiction

e: to clarify, I just posted that gif because Contradiction is good and Jenks is good. Tim Follin isn't Jenks though. Jenks is played by Rupert Booth.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Dec 1, 2022

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Yup. Tim Follin went from making prog video game music to working in TV with his own company and eventually used the tv stuff to designing, writing, filming, and composing Contradiction

e: to clarify, I just posted that gif because Contradiction is good and Jenks is good. Tim Follin isn't Jenks though. Jenks is played by Rupert Booth.

Oh yes, don't worry, I'm aware of Mr. Booth's work. I just think Tim Follin's career trajectory is kinda buckwild

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

well I'm glad we know the game is a stinker, due to the ESRB remarks

It's not even ESRB it's whatever the Brazilian rating board is.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

Lol that owns, I had no idea that was the same dude.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cheetah7071 posted:

he's not actually at the helm of the game. he's the producer, not the director. anyone who saw his name attached to it and got decided was fooling themselves from the start, because he's not the one making decisions about what goes in the game, he's making sure the budgets and schedules are kept

Idk about FF16 specifically, but isn’t producer a fairly ambiguous term, that can sometimes entail fairly significant creative input?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the primary producer of a game isn’t just a money man (person) usually, and they have a lot of creative input

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp looks like December got cancelled, no GOTY thread this year I guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

F

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They called the twelfth month December. Doesn't make any sense at all, I'm glad it's cancelled

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well that's because there were only 10 months in the year until *gets yanked off stage by a comically large hook*

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

Welp looks like December got cancelled, no GOTY thread this year I guess

:ohno:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
November Thanksgaming Cat Thread: Part 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU