Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's November and events are happening currently.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm going to repost from the October thread.

facialimpediment posted:

420k verified users, apparently:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1586899979989225472?t=Et7cSapnorAB8I97intFHQ&s=19

And yeah, yesterday's main character was some woman all like ELON IS BRINGING BRAINS TO THE OPERATION BY DOING BUSINESS SCHOOL IDEAS like it was a positive thing. Going to be real drat funny as this clusterfuck progresses.

$101m ARR would be like a $1.5bn valuation. So if he tosses the ads he'll have bought a company worth 97% less than what he paid.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

psydude posted:

I'm going to repost from the October thread.

$101m ARR would be like a $1.5bn valuation. So if he tosses the ads he'll have bought a company worth 97% less than what he paid.

E:lol: Musk

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I would love for a bunch of knob slobbering Muskovites to realize what a fraud the guy is, but we know self reflection isn't their strong suit.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Arrath posted:

I would love for a bunch of knob slobbering Muskovites to realize what a fraud the guy is, but we know self reflection isn't their strong suit.

I mean they do live in a country were dissidents are regularly murdered violently and with impunity so there is probably an element of self preservation involved in their denial.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grip it and rip it posted:

I mean they do live in a country were dissidents are regularly murdered violently and with impunity so there is probably an element of self preservation involved in their denial.

Wrong Muskovites.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arrath posted:

quote:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

- Carl Sagan

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
You sure? Cause I've been hearing things about the US...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've been nodding off in a meeting and immediately woke up when I found this Clearly Best Costume from Halloween

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1587363228341850112?t=FTR-98500NhduNXrFbF_fw&s=19

It's rare when I get that feeling of "how the gently caress did they do that?!?" but I sure got it there!

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wrong Muskovites.

Doh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

I've been nodding off in a meeting and immediately woke up when I found this Clearly Best Costume from Halloween

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1587363228341850112?t=FTR-98500NhduNXrFbF_fw&s=19

It's rare when I get that feeling of "how the gently caress did they do that?!?" but I sure got it there!

Heidi Klum goes all-in on her Halloween costumes every year and it's awesome.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
The next poster to talk poo poo about tankies needs to post their discharge papers. Some guys here actually served in armor or stryker brigades and I don't think nasty little non deployer civilians should be allowed to come in here with all that casual disrespect for mounted troops imo

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

US Berder Patrol posted:

The next poster to talk poo poo about tankies needs to post their discharge papers. Some guys here actually served in armor or stryker brigades and I don't think nasty little non deployer civilians should be allowed to come in here with all that casual disrespect for mounted troops imo

Its disgusting how we treat r troops

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

US Berder Patrol posted:

~signed, a SOF, power-armored space marine

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Justice for Armor Troops!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

facialimpediment posted:

Great Leto II Atreides costume.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

Great Leto II Atreides costume.

Yeah, quite the audition. I think she'd be great.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

US Berder Patrol posted:

Every goon is an honorary tanker because tanks are basically just mobile basements.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

US Berder Patrol posted:

Pulling up my WoT stats now

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1587444672082870272?t=sdemLz1L5OQXRExrgtN2EQ&s=19

Hey Law Talking Guys, what's up with this?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Soapdish posted:

Standard thing done to preserve the status quo for a few days to prevent the irreparable harm if the appellee is proven right. Don't worry about it - same poo poo that Thomas and Kagan did recently on other stuff.

Example:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1584583374215081984?t=wD0yCNp826A4SH05omeUQw&s=19

Edit: And a more specific example: Donnie applied for a Stay on the mar-a-lago appeals court determination a while back on his stolen classified poo poo. Thomas halted the Appeals Court decision for a few days while the whole court discussed it, then the stay was denied with zero dissents.

https://twitter.com/openargs/status/1580645750387929088?t=71xRZaogeJ3DiEGFTm60nw&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 1, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Tell me you don’t know a thing about your business without telling me you don’t know a thing about your business.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_cOsgRY7w

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Heidi Klum goes all-in on her Halloween costumes every year and it's awesome.

If that's not fake, than that's an amazing effort, but Heidi's a horrible person in my book for taking part in and promoting the German version of America's Next Top Model.

lightpole posted:

Pulling up my WoT stats now

>54%/>3000 WN8 or you didn't properly serve.

Also, it'd be really cool if we at least in the CE-thread didn't post legit snuff. I've almost come to terms with the fact that since the start of the war in Ukraine, it has become somewhat acceptable on SA to post semi-graphic/graphic death set to banging-rear end beats or whatever because the people dying are considered subhumane "orcs" or whatever, and while I really appreciate that this hasn't been very prevalent in GiP, I'd hope we keep this normalization at bay.

I'm not faulting people for looking up videos of horrific incidents or content, hell, I've done so more than enough in my past (and regretted it), but I kinda don't want to consider myself posting in a forum where sharing that content is ay-okay.
I wasn't a fan of graphic videos of terrorists or cartel monsters getting waxed just because "the right people died" in the past, and I'm not a fan of it now either.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Posting some more snuff in the CE thread. Click through if you dare!

:nms: :nms: :nms:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Posting some more snuff in the CE thread. Click through if you dare!

:nms: :nms: :nms:

mods??????

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

davecrazy posted:

Tell me you don’t know a thing about your business without telling me you don’t know a thing about your business.

He just announced it for real, at $8. So basically:

https://twitter.com/_FleerUltra/status/1587506177960644608?t=KqWjojXwsrj3svDCazF-1A&s=19

And so, get used to:

Dude had no idea what the gently caress he was buying because he only had his own, weird, distorted viewpoint of what he saw inside it. Also, apparently Twitter's debt payments were about $60M/year, but they had multiple billions on-hand to cover any losses and the debt payment. That cash on-hand likely became $0 as it was used as part of the leveraged buyout, and the debt servicing payments are now $1B/year, and Elon's gotta cover it or it's probably some bankruptcy proceeding of some sort.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 1, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Soapdish posted:

Also to revisit, Graham just lost his stay request after Thomas delayed things for a few days:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1587513115247255552?t=S647eGdIBBjVRwsKGAyaZg&s=19

Enjoy the grand jury, you gently caress

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

He just announced it for real, at $8. So basically:

https://twitter.com/_FleerUltra/status/1587506177960644608?t=KqWjojXwsrj3svDCazF-1A&s=19

And so, get used to:

Dude had no idea what the gently caress he was buying because he only had his own, weird, distorted viewpoint of what he saw inside it. Also, apparently Twitter's debt payments were about $60M/year, but they had multiple billions on-hand to cover any losses and the debt payment. That cash on-hand likely became $0 as it was used as part of the leveraged buyout, and the debt servicing payments are now $1B/year, and Elon's gotta cover it or it's probably some bankruptcy proceeding of some sort.

Yeah, weirdo has owned one of the largest social media companies for less than a week and has already used it as a megaphone to promote a false story that the near fatal attack on one of the highest ranking members of a political party he dislikes spouse was because of a gay affair. He deserves zero benefit of the doubt and people should not use his products or work for him even if that causes temporary inconvenience.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah, weirdo has owned one of the largest social media companies for less than a week and has already used it as a megaphone to promote a false story that the near fatal attack on one of the highest ranking members of a political party he dislikes spouse was because of a gay affair. He deserves zero benefit of the doubt and people should not use his products or work for him even if that causes temporary inconvenience.

Deactivated my account feels good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It's like he's a reverse failson- he's done things that are actually successful but is constantly trying to galaxy brain himself into failson territory.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah, weirdo has owned one of the largest social media companies

The argument that's convinced me lately is that Twitter doesn't make their money from being a social media company (selling features to users), they make their money from their userbase (selling ads to put in from of userbase's eyeballs).

Because Elon doesn't know any better, he's trying to charge for features that will actively make the experience worse for everyone else, while culturally unleashing trolls and racists in the name of free speech (for $8/month). He thinks he bought a social media company when he bought a userbase and is currently doing everything possible to kill it off. He'd better hope that cult of personality will make 10 million people pay $8/month for an anti-status symbol!

Because Elon's current executives are touting all the wonderful meetings they're having with advertisers, just off screen, laughing along with them:

https://twitter.com/Ryanbarwick/status/1587211071131099137?t=QjgaSQ2F6yqSO2kkH3HoUg&s=19

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

kupachek posted:

There are two snarling rabid dobermans, a rightwing one is six feet away and closing, the other is leftwing and about two hundred yards off and hasn't noticed you yet. I advise you to focus on dealing with the one that is the active threat and about to try ripping your throat out, you can worry about the second leftwing dobberman if you survive the immediate danger posed by the rightwing one. Prioritize the threats.

Lunatic tankies are a remote enough threat that we don't need to fixate or think hard about them right now when being distracted and taking our eyes off the lunatic rightwing could be fatal. Do I need to bold that to drive the point home?

This is doberman hate.

Also tankies are more like Chihuahuas

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Assuming the reporting on the November stock vesting date at Twitter is accurate, there is going to be an audible whoosh from their engineering department after the ink is dry on that.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

davecrazy posted:

First part of being a good CEO is to make people feel as secure in their job as possible. The threat of extensive cuts pushes competence out and encourages freeloaders to ride it out as long as possible.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

This is doberman hate.

Also tankies are more like Chihuahuas

https://youtu.be/I4sSPJ96Kd8?t=20

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/wsj/status/1587482145488080901

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

oh no :geno:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Let me be the first to say: good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

So they're saying it would be safer for US troops to withdraw from Saudi Arabia? Sure would be a shame, that might disappoint a broad group of people like *checks notes* energy company shareholders and the house of saud.