Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
excited to find out what kind of insane nonsense is coming this month after a hilarious end to october

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

facialimpediment posted:

I've been nodding off in a meeting and immediately woke up when I found this Clearly Best Costume from Halloween

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1587363228341850112?t=FTR-98500NhduNXrFbF_fw&s=19

It's rare when I get that feeling of "how the gently caress did they do that?!?" but I sure got it there!

Would.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/300728710/5-lions-break-out-of-enclosure-at-sydney-zoo-prompt-emergency-lockdown

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

They just rattled the treat can, like I do with my cat.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I guess this is current events, in any case it's too wacky not to share.

A guy I was in ROTC with turns out to be pretty fash. Now, this is not surprising and all of us have served with people who we wouldn't be surprised to at least see using the hard "r" on facebook up to being arrested on January 6th.

I was not expecting to know someone who is about to be appointed Attorney General by our "Trump except dumber and a country bumpkin" governor.

quote:

Last year, Bailey was named the governor’s general counsel, considered the second ranking position in the office after chief of staff. His previous jobs in the administration were as deputy general counsel for the governor and general counsel for the Missouri Department of Corrections.

According to the governor’s office, Bailey has eight years of legal experience, including working as an assistant prosecuting attorney in Warren County and as an assistant attorney general.

He has never held elected office.

Uh huh.

quote:

During his tenure with Parson, Bailey has kept a relatively low public profile. His closest brush with headlines came after records revealed he helped craft talking points the governor’s office used to advocate for the criminal prosecution of a journalist who uncovered a security problem in a state website.

That effort by the governor’s office was widely panned, and the Cole County prosecutor declined to file any charges against the journalist.

gently caress you Bailey. You were cool once. Or at least, fine to hang out with and drink cheap beer and shoot cheap guns with.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

So far the best description of Musk/Twitter is "Jack Skellington trying to do Christmas."

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Madurai posted:

So far the best description of Musk/Twitter is "Jack Skellington trying to do Christmas."

Lol nailed it

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

psydude posted:

I'm going to repost from the October thread.

$101m ARR would be like a $1.5bn valuation. So if he tosses the ads he'll have bought a company worth 97% less than what he paid.

Twitter verification was in response to a lawsuit.

Wonder how long until Joe Biden declares war on New Zealand

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

Bring it on

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: ferry suicides into the side of carrier, lost with all hands

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

My Spirit Otter posted:

I don't get it. Why would Joe Biden declare war on New Zealand?

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

BREAKING NEWS: ferry suicides into the side of carrier, lost with all hands

Carrier lost with all hands. Ferry Crewman who performed the high seas hijacking was reportedly seen doggypaddling away to safety at a steady pace, no doubt trained by one of his regular passengers. Possibly Rose.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

piL posted:

They know what they did.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
The US would be following France's lead, really. Just a few decades late.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

facialimpediment posted:

They know what they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I think it's because they're amoral or something? Like, to freaky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dAgTpIiI2I

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

piL posted:

Because cows stare at sunsets

This is a Nona the Ninth joke

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
https://www.vice.com/en/article/93a8qp/pennsylvania-richard-ringer-assault

Another attack against a politician's home, this time a Democratic candidate for a state house seat. It's also the third time he's had to call the cops about threats.

quote:

A Democrat running for a state House seat in Pennsylvania says he was attacked and knocked unconscious at his home early Monday morning, and that he believes he’s being targeted with election-related harassment.

Richard Ringer, 69, is running for a swing seat in Fayette County, about an hour southeast of Pittsburgh on the border with both Maryland and West Virginia. On Monday morning, Ringer called 911 for the third time in a month—this time to report that a man had assaulted him at his home.

[...]

On Monday morning, Ringer says, he woke up around 5 a.m., heard someone attempting to open his garage door, and saw a flashlight in his yard.

“I said, ‘I’m tired of this crap,’” Ringer, 69, told VICE News.

Ringer said a man was in his driveway with his back turned to him, so Ringer tackled him, and “as a result, we end up on the ground.” The man was larger, however, and Ringer said he was hit in the head “about 10 times.”

“He knocked me out, so I have no idea who the hell he was,” Ringer told VICE News.

[...]

Ringer, a first-time candidate who’s previously worked as a political consultant and journalist, told VICE News that two weeks ago his door was graffitied. The message was partially washed off by rain by the time he saw it, but in photos it appears to say “your race”—which Ringer, who is white, took to mean his campaign—and “dead.”

[...]

In another incident within the past three weeks, Ringer came home from dinner with his girlfriend and found that someone had thrown a brick through a window and his storm door. Before October, Ringer told VICE News, he hadn’t called 911 a single time since he moved in 2012 into the house where he grew up, in order to take care of his elderly parents.

“I can’t connect the dots on all three incidents with my campaign,” Ringer said. “But the fact there are three incidents in the weeks leading up to the midterm election, and my neighborhood is quiet, residential, middle-class, crime-free—you know, it’s like, what the hell?"

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Kesper North posted:

Jod really should have turned the conspiracy theorists inside-out.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Kesper North posted:

That is a deep cut and I'm glad I get this.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

piL posted:

(Its not going to actually be him, but someone who paid 8 bucks to get verified and then changed their name and profile pic)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So they're saying it would be safer for US troops to withdraw from Saudi Arabia? Sure would be a shame, that might disappoint a broad group of people like *checks notes* energy company shareholders and the house of saud.

And everyone who drives a car.

We don't really have a large military footprint in Saudi Arabia anyway. We drew most of it down a looong time ago.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 2, 2022

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Last night Best Korea was rotating missile stocks or something. 23 launches.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/north-korea-fires-ballistic-missile-says-south-korean-military-2022-11-02/

In other news, I am told that Mariah Carey is currently thawing out and... she... hungers...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
YOU HAVE TO PROVE TO ME THAT FURRIES AREN'T USING LITTER BOXES IN OUR SCHOOLS, I HEARD IT FROM PARENTS (seen just off screen, concerned too) AND STUDENTS (seen just off screen, laughing hysterically) AND I WONT BACK DOWN

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1587796107282612224?t=tZP0JaBd2zSzITdh5bwnNA&s=19

All this because a school shooting's district has kitty litter to serve as an emergency toilet in a lockdown situation. Plus internet. Though this particular school is like "uh what"

https://twitter.com/Pinkerton_NH/status/1587078258343944199?t=Qi79epL9AIt3J8cproCJ0w&s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Idiots in Rhode Island are still banging the drum about it here despite a local guy videoing himself trolling a zoom school meeting for a local community college asking for them to install a terrarium because his daughter identifies as a lizard. Someone dressed as a lizard and went to campus and the next day some local alt-right radio talk host started ranting about it and now its showing up all over the local twitter, facebook and nextdoor feeds along with the litterbox claims that had finally died down a week or two ago.

initial troll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ricRQzCkpCc

local radio idiot https://depetro.com/2022/09/video-ccri-student-identifies-as-lizard/

nextdoor. similar poo poo on local twit/FB etc.

Amazing to watch the rightwing poo poo tornado in action but also really loving sad.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So there was a follow-up to the Heidi Klum thing last night.

At the party, she ditched the Worm suit

but kept the face

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1587379366899613696?t=vOiIvZixh4diAJsfPplgnQ&s=19

I mean... would?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Even more info on Uvalde out now that the press has access to the 911 call audio etc.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/11/01/uvalde-911-dispatch-recordings/

Not sure exactly how much of this was already known but more disgusted that the Chief there didn't start even trying to talk to the shooter until far later in the whole ordeal.

quote:

At 12:14 p.m., a state trooper’s body camera captured someone saying, “There’s victims in there, dude.” The trooper was standing outside a door to the school, with at least eight officers from different agencies visible from that camera angle.

“We need to get in there,” one responded.

No one did.

Five minutes later, another girl in room 111 called 911. The recording of the call, which lasted a minute and 17 seconds, is mostly inaudible.

In the hallway, Uvalde County Constable Emmanuel Zamora wrongly suggested that the gunman may have already shot himself.

“One shot at the end was self-inflicted, maybe,” Zamora said in the recording, referring to an earlier burst of gunfire.

Zamora did not respond to texts and emails about his comments, which had not been previously reported.

It was the first time he acknowledged to other responders that anyone was wounded inside the two classrooms, according to new footage obtained by the news organizations. The legislative report noted only that he acknowledged “some casualties” 14 minutes later. Arredondo did not return a message seeking comment shared with him by his former attorney.

A minute later, the gunman fired again.

Officers in the hallway flinched, formed a line and started walking down the hall, then suddenly stopped, a state trooper’s body camera footage reveals.

Just after the shots were fired at 12:21 p.m., the school chief began trying to talk to the shooter for the first time, according to communications and records.

“If you can hear me, sir, please put your firearm down, sir,” Arredondo said. “We don’t want anyone else hurt.”

Just after 12:30 p.m., three troopers again advanced toward the classrooms before an unidentified person said “no, no, no,” according to body camera footage.

Once again, they stopped.

Also that even in the final minutes some police there were still trying to stop the feds from going in:

quote:

As the Border Patrol strike team was almost ready to breach, DPS Capt. Joel Betancourt went on the radio and ordered the agents to wait.

The captain did not respond to requests for comment left for him through DPS.

The team ignored the order and entered the classroom, quickly killing the shooter. The previously silent hallway filled with officers waiting to act.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

local radio idiot https://depetro.com/2022/09/video-ccri-student-identifies-as-lizard/

nextdoor. similar poo poo on local twit/FB etc.

Amazing to watch the rightwing poo poo tornado in action but also really loving sad.

lol, it was DePetro wasn't it?

That guy is such a loving loser.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

So there was a follow-up to the Heidi Klum thing last night.

At the party, she ditched the Worm suit

but kept the face

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1587379366899613696?t=vOiIvZixh4diAJsfPplgnQ&s=19

I mean... would?

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1587379371135979521?s=20&t=Qb404-Rez2rjvYfkmhScrw

Wouldn't

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jesus christ that dude is pale

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Props to the costume maker tho, that suit is pretty sick. And for soaking Musk for the rental fee.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Should have a Mark of Khorne though

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Should have a Mark of Khorne though

Musk is pretty fickle, so more of a Tzeentch look would have been appropriate IMO.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:shrug: all i'm saying is that armour is khorne as gently caress

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I personally find the armor ugly, cheap looking, and looks like it belongs in the spinoff when the Lannisters fight the Sharknado.

What is the point of having that much money if you don't own a set of quality, fitted, good looking armor.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

I personally find the armor ugly, cheap looking, and looks like it belongs in the spinoff when the Lannisters fight the Sharknado.

What is the point of having that much money if you don't own a set of quality, fitted, good looking armor.

Yeah just saying, if I had that kind of money I would own a legit fitted suit of al or ti plate armor filigreed, inlayed and blinged like the finest of Bourbon Kings ceremonial armor, with actual class IV plates under it cause why the gently caress not.

Maybe with rgb lighting, too.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 2, 2022

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Arrath posted:

Yeah just saying, if I had that kind of money I would own a legit fitted suit of al or ti plate armor filigreed, inlayed and blinged like the finest of Bourbon Kings ceremonial armor, with actual class IV plates under it cause why the gently caress not.

Maybe with rgb lighting, too.

November Current Events: RBG Armor for Musk

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Hey in case you're wondering why Democrats are about to get obliterated the Fed did another giant rate hike with the sole purpose of making sure people don't have savings

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hey in case you're wondering why Democrats are about to get obliterated the Fed did another giant rate hike with the sole purpose of making sure people don't have savings

Is this sarcasm, economics doesn't work like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You realize that savings increase when interest rates go up, right? Higher interest means a savings account earns more, that's how savings work.