Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We had about 250 kids, it was a pretty busy but typical year at the bagmonkey household.

How many trick or treaters stopped by last night???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
More than you would think but less than you would hope.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
dude our power died at like 3pm and was not back by 6 so we left town to trick or treat elsewhere and we're hitting the street and it starts loving raining

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kntfkr posted:

dude our power died at like 3pm and was not back by 6 so we left town to trick or treat elsewhere and we're hitting the street and it starts loving raining

It rained for like a half hour before trick or treating started, then about an hour and a half after it stopped. Pure strain luck

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I live on a dead end street so I went to the local movie theater to see the 1978 John Carpenter Halloween instead of handing out candy to trick or treaters who don't come by.

I did see a bunch of people out and about in costume even in the rain when I went out on my bike to drop off my ballot beforehand

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

A bunch. Mostly teenagers. Same holds for the night before last. Younger kids by and large trick or treated with their parents on Saturday afternoon.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Like 9. It's the best turnout I've had in 4 years.

:smith:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Zero (0, nada), OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

7, split into groups of 5 and 2. So 2 doorbell rings? Same turnout as last year, sadly. Very weird for a neighborhood with an elementary school at the end of the block.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
0, op. We live on one of the busiest roads in town and the sidewalk is on the side of the road with no houses so it’s a recipe for a bad time op.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Quite a few, then we watched "Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers". That movie loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

None

We had torrential rain and hurricane-level winds all night so everybody stayed indoors

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
No more than 3-4 small groups, so about the same as last year. We were a little perplexed as we live in a very walkable neighborhood with a lot of children and young families nearby. We just assumed that most people did a trunk-or-treat event on Saturday or Sunday instead.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

About 50. Less than last year but (for good reason) a lot higher than 2020.

Some moron decided to make trick or treat from 5 pm to 7 pm, though, which I think hurt things a lot. Not a lot of parents were home in time to get their kids out the door at 5 pm, even by 6 that can be a challenge on a weeknight.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Our city used to "clear the streets" at 8pm but it appears they've stopped doing that. Overall it was an average year despite the weather

You guys are missing the best part which is the traffic jams created by parents who follow their kids around in cars lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

bagmonkey posted:

Our city used to "clear the streets" at 8pm but it appears they've stopped doing that. Overall it was an average year despite the weather

You guys are missing the best part which is the traffic jams created by parents who follow their kids around in cars lol

I didn't have any parents follow their kids in cars, but I did hear one Dad SCREAMING at his kids to "GET OFF THE STREET! PAY ATTENTION AND GET OFF THE STREET!" for like a minute straight. I didn't even see any cars, I don't know what the hell was going on there.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

A Fancy Hat posted:

I didn't have any parents follow their kids in cars, but I did hear one Dad SCREAMING at his kids to "GET OFF THE STREET! PAY ATTENTION AND GET OFF THE STREET!" for like a minute straight. I didn't even see any cars, I don't know what the hell was going on there.

they were in the street

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

kntfkr posted:

they were in the street

We don't have sidewalks, I dunno where the kids were supposed to walk if not in the street.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I had to work, so I took trick or treating to my evening students. If they count, I had about 50. Otherwise nada.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
It was pretty cold so only got 56 trick or treaters to show up.

Usually get double that.. so much left over candy.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nice

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
My town does that trunk or treat thing that suburban yuppies seem to love, where they can bring their kids down to the center of town and go to all the shops and get candy without any people’s houses being involved

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
maybe it's just tolerance but the fentanyl this year seems pretty weak

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
0, unless you could those weird floating translucent kids with glowing eyes that came out of the forest at one point

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

zero :qq:

but we rarely get more than a couple. there are plenty of houses here and some with kids, but no streetlights so i think they all get minivan'd to different neighborhoods.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

a lot of people from the busy road by my house bring their kids to my neighborhood because we have sidewalks.

Noone took me up on the fentanyl injections.

Did have about 75 kids though.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

mebbe twenny

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Zero, access to my home is restricted, STAY OUT!!!!

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Maybe 150ish, weather was pretty crappy but at least it wasn't snow. Didn't run out of candy despite my best efforts tho

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kntfkr posted:

The horror...

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
Less than 10 so I was able to give absurd treats out like oversize candy bars and entire bags of bon bons.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

kntfkr posted:

maybe it's just tolerance but the fentanyl this year seems pretty weak

Maybe where you are. My front lawn looks like an elementary school stormed the beaches at normandy

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I hired an actor but he didn't show

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Zero. Just the way I planned.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

None :( my wife and I love our house but it's on a dead end street in the sticks near a two lane highway so there is basically zero foot traffic on any given day. When we first moved in, I bought a shitload of candy and was praying for the chance to give it away

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021
Exactly 300. I know because that's the number of treat bags we made. We ran out halfway through the designated trick-or-treat time for the neighborhood, which is "the cool neighborhood" so everyone brings their kids here.

We probably could have done more but we took all the good candy for ourselves :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
12, which is down from last year.
And they were almost all between 7:30 and 8:15, which feels later than kids used to be out.