Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Well poo poo, I'd say we're losing out but even I don't think we'll lose to Colorado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Manoueverable posted:

Well poo poo, I'd say we're losing out but even I don't think we'll lose to Colorado

No one THINKS they’ll lose to Colorado.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Beavers look good. Our team looks worse each week, not sure why they came out so flat. Also Penix is missing a lot of easy throws and receivers look lethargic. This season is technically all gravy after suffering through the Lake years but I'm still disappointed and annoyed.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Beavers look good. Our team looks worse each week, not sure why they came out so flat. Also Penix is missing a lot of easy throws and receivers look lethargic. This season is technically all gravy after suffering through the Lake years but I'm still disappointed and annoyed.

That the Gameday Thread Title wasn’t some terrible pun about Penix and Beavers is real proof of restraint and personal growth for all of us.

OK, fine, I’ll admit it, I’d have submitted it for consideration if I’d realized it was this week.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tad SG posted:

No one THINKS they’ll lose to Colorado.

I'm pretty confident it won't be us this week, that's for sure

I might be watching on a stream but it looks like Penix is just flat-out overthrowing everything, and I can't tell if that's the wind or if he's trying too hard to zip them in there

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It does kinda seem like Penix is Doing Too Much out there but there's been like 4 or 5 drops on good throws he's made so it's kind of a mixed bag

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Michael Penix

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Pick 'Em probably should not have let me pick this game during the first quarter but so far so good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This Oregon political ad they're showing during this game for some reason is so much more pleasant than any of the political ads I've seen the past month in Arizona.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
POWER OUTAGE

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rick posted:

This Oregon political ad they're showing during this game for some reason is so much more pleasant than any of the political ads I've seen the past month in Arizona.

I'm surprised they aren't showing the Washington state senate races, so everyone nationally can see the Tiffany Smiley ads blaming Patty Murray for a 2 year old dying from a fentanyl overdose caused by illegal immigrants.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I'm surprised they aren't showing the Washington state senate races, so everyone nationally can see the Tiffany Smiley ads blaming Patty Murray for a 2 year old dying from a fentanyl overdose caused by illegal immigrants.

We get that one but they just sub Mark Kelly in instead.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

seiferguy posted:

That one did show up for me. Literally laughed like a mad man at how gross it was.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Looks bright enough on the field

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
I lost power at my place is the game delayed?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the lights are on but they're waiting around for something still

edit: moment i said this they kicked off.... out of bounds

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I lost power at my place is the game delayed?

It was, just restarting now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My power just surged up in north Seattle

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oregon State did a pretty good job keeping that play alive.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Good morning, friends.

It's Game Day and today the #1 Tennessee Volunteers will hang a bunch of points on the #1 Georgia Bulldogs.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Were Tennessee fans able to focus on anything that’s not the game this week? I’ve had it on my mind since the end of the Kentucky game last week. Here’s hoping to see an rear end load of points and a Tennessee W.

Texas Monthly is having its annual BBQ fest in a town north of me, so first things first before kickoff, we’re hitting that up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A&M's got the flu apparently

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1588871631652663296

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I want Florida to march into College Station and beat A&M today. Not for Florida's glory, but just to embarrass Jimbo a bit.

Excuses already!

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Every day is a good day to beat A&M.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Go Dawgs

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/DavidPurdum/status/1588655843532509184?s=20

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Betting on sports is a terrible idea, especially if you enjoy the sport.

That said, I think the line is generous to Tennessee. It's a line I'd expect if it were in Knoxville.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

My favorite recent UGA / UTenn memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-h9W76uJdk

Stokes with the cleanest form tackle just bodied Maurer. Maurer ended up being a sad story and hope he is in a better headspace now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Go an Iowa State Cyclone. gently caress a West Virginia Mountaineer. God Bless.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

Betting on sports is a terrible idea, especially if you enjoy the sport.

*nods sadly*

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 5, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1588897721582522371

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Video is pro-click. Team looks like it’s taking a dive, or that they just hired some actors and put them in pads.

Maybe they’re just outmatched, but in any case why does this keep happening to IMG? For a school that basically exists to showcase talent, it doesn’t seem like they’re doing their players any favors by scheduling Canadian peewee squads.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 5, 2022

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So what's the noon game? Nothing stands out

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I’d recommend starting on TCU-Tech and seeing what becomes interesting from there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Maybe they’re just outmatched, but in any case why does this keep happening to IMG? For a school that basically exists to showcase talent, it doesn’t seem like they’re doing their players any favors by scheduling Canadian peewee squads.

Someone noted that this is apparently a fake school, their listed address is a public park.

Also, uh, maybe they need a new center.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/11W/status/1588916940172627968

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tulane-Tulsa!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
In one play Kentucky already has as many completions beyond the line of scrimmage as they did all last week

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe the numbers were exaggerated, no mention of flu on the broadcast yet

Edit: looks like only 6 out due to flu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou secondary sucks rear end today