Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i've been mostly off the twitter for a while now. i think it's been good for my attention span, and it's been terrific not seeing those writeups they have for trending topics. 'fans discuss harry rock's new hairstyle in go go adventure live!' or what the gently caress ever.

anyway i followed everyone here
https://cohost.org/AtomD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i went looking for some papers on the effects of social media on people's attention spans and the results were astounding!

turns out academic publishing is a crock of dogshit lol. i couldn't find poo poo without paying

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

BooLoo posted:

Stick the doi into scihub, they have most things that aren’t published in the last 12-18 months in my experience. Also I published a paper earlier this year and the journal wanted THREE THOUSAND loving POUNDS for it to be open access and my research wasn’t sponsored so behind the paywall it went. It’s disgusting.

cheers. i'm legit clueless with this poo poo

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

4lokos basilisk posted:

is youtube the only thing that can be embedded in the posts? soundcloud embeds would be really cool too

i’ve embedded soundclouds before

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
it'd've been very frustrating if i didn't use a password manager for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
okay, yeah that would be annoying i'm usually just trying to get to the home page