Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Progressive JPEG posted:

does everyone else get logged out roughly once every day or two or is it just me

I posted in their bug forum about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

what’s the advantage to storing session info on the server versus just handing out a signed cookie with username and expiry date, anyway

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

i would not have expected the anti software software club to be willing to use cloudflare, from an ethical standpoint

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

jony neuemonic posted:

is it possible they were using cloudflare before it became widely known that it sucks? i dunno. they seem alright and i’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

I mean at the end of the day people make compromises and ignore inconvenient facts, we all do it, it doesn’t make them the judases of computers or anything. I just thought better of them, and now, well, I don’t

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

what that quote states is that the assc chose to use the nazi cdn because it was much more convenient than its competitors, but that now that the difference in convenience is somewhat less, they plan to move away from it

this is better than the stances held by some of their competitors, I guess, but it’s still not a posture likely to appear in “profiles in courage 2”

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

following tags is a good idea. does tumblr have that

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

yeah I realize hash tags exist, what I’m finding convenient is the ability to bookmark tags and then use that as a second feed to discover new people to follow

I suppose it’s also more useful on a small site like cohost, it’d be worthless on twitter or somewhere like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

they started moving off of cloudflare so everyone can stop being mad at me now