Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

i spent too fuckin long on this https://cohost.org/hailthefish/post/330642-just-chost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

much as twitter was crafted in such a way as to invite low-effort shitposts, everything about cohost seems to invite effortposting- the comparative lack of low-effort engagement feedback, the large post size limit, the tag system, etc

but I still like seeing shitposts and shitposting is the only kind of posting I can do so shitchosts ahoy

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I only get a login prompt about once a day and when I change devices, I haven't found it burdensome :shrug:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

i guess they're working on it?

https://cohost.org/staff/post/470372-potential-downtime-n

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

almost all of the longform text chosts in my feed use the --- read more thing and it would be very annoying if they didn't

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah the combination of x posts per page + every person you follow who rechosts something causing the whole thing to be duplicated = any time a chost gets popular in your social circle it takes up entire pages of your timeline is not great and I'm glad it's something they're working on

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

a good chost that made my brain hurt a little bit

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah timeline deduplication would be really nice because currently when all your friends on cohost really like a post it just becomes your whole timeline until it exits your social circle

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah the levels of and-yet-you-live-in-a-society in here are getting wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah deduplication is the next major user experience improvement I really hope cohost makes because right now when a chost goes 'viral' into your friendgroup it's literally all you see, which is kind of funny the first time and just obnoxious after that.

though now there's bookmarked tags so you can always bookmark a few tags (like the 'global feed' ones) and click there to hopefully see some other chosts beyond The One Popular Chost Today