Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
can you not see other peoples follows/followers? that was how i did account discovery on twitter

granted theres probably not many people in the niche areas im interested on cohost yet but it doesnt seem there's much any account discovery other than people direct linking their page and retweets from people you already follow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Zamujasa posted:

its nice to have a site that isn't engagement-poisoned

on the other hand, does anything get to network effect size these days without someone doing "growth hacking" shenanigans

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

A Jupiter posted:

What we really need is an index of these existing "threads", collected together in categories of interests. Every time someone posts it could "bump" the thread back to a main feed.
Imagine something like the Roman "forums", but on the internet.

its a 4chan, op

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

the eggbug patch i drunkenly ordered has arrived

i look forward to not actually putting it on anything

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

https://cohost.org/odnoyabr come for the meaningless posts about the uzbek embassy, stay for ???

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

ahem.

eggbug forum

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

how long til cohost gets a login session cookie that lasts more than, seemingly, 3h

supposedly the session cookie doesnt expire for 7 days but i dont think ive ever not had to log in after a day or so

also wish plain string search was a thing since i dont think anyone is using tags for the tags i am interested in, if they're using cohost at all (doubtful). fortunately through the magic of post editing i am starting this trend and now have the first use of #uzbekistan on the platform

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

nrook posted:

what’s the advantage to storing session info on the server versus just handing out a signed cookie with username and expiry date, anyway

smaller cookies, at least

this is probably a solved problem but our garbo oidc implementation would make massive-rear end cookies if you didn't use server-side session mode

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

MononcQc posted:

I’m enjoying longposting random things I want to take notes on still. Cohost is a decent platform for content.

cohost feels like it really needs some sorta above/below the fold thing... which i think it has, but isn't really used? i think i saw a tip about it but don't know where that was

my feed is a constant jarring transition between shortposts and epic large content posts, in their entirety, without any summary blurb up top i can choose to expand or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Pile Of Garbage posted:

heads-up: cohost added 2FA a couple of days ago so prolly worth going in and enabling it on your account(s)

on one hand yes on the other i think the chances of someone wanting to take over my cohost account is measured in very, very small fractions of a decimal point