Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

https://cohost.org/achmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i made a post

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my posts were too powerful

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

dioxazine posted:

i only made one..

ONE TOO MANY

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you see the same thing in any sort of rules that applies to nerds. maybe all humans

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

they seem to be mad about "provide support for your content" part. the tos says

quote:

You understand that any User Content you make available may be viewed by and accessible to ASSC and other Users. You agree to provide support for your User Content. The User Content must not be stored in a data repository that would enable any third-party access. You must store all User Content in a manner which enables you to identify, segregate and selectively delete such User Content.

i suspect that what it's trying to talk about is your repsponsibility after you download user content. you can't rehost it somewhere for everyone to get. ie, if you subscribe to someone's user content and pay for it, you aren't allowed to then just give it away. and you aren't allowed to write it to media you don't fully control (you can't put it on the blockchain or some poo poo idk).

there are couple other interpretations, but they're terrible:

it _can't_ be "you're not allowed to link to stuff that's available on your website." that'd be next-level dumb.

they might be trying to say "you can't host stuff that would enable third parties to access cohost.org (e.g. a script that you're gonna use a misconfiguration on to do an SSI attack)." this is reasonable, but it's kind of a tortured interpretation

i'm like 99% sure it's the first one, but it is indeed written terribly, and internet people are generally either too dumb or too disingenuous to attempt to give it a good-faith reading. and asking for clarification and not melting down until you get it is clearly gonna be right out for that type of person

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah i mean, im not gonna argue about it, you might well be right. they'll probably refine it one way or the other and then it's settled

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

its fine. calm down

hey now we've been over this :P

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i don't think so, but i am an internet fool...

ps did i tell you poodle jones stole one of my 240-43s off the desk? he didn't break it or anything but goddammit dog stop that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

NOW THE BAG HAS HOLES IN IT :kingsley:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah i was pretty surprised he didnt mess it up. he was just carrying it around but still

might have a hairline crack i guess. i hope not that thing was :tenbux:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

one thing that annoyed me about twitter was people who just retweet dumb poo poo all day long multiple times an hour and fill up your feed with constant crap that's not interesting

cohost has the same problem, only now the individual posts are bigger.

it's not for me i guess. that's ok. i'll keep poking around every few weeks to see if it's less annoying to me, and in the meantime i will yospost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sdf owns

i also bought an omg.lol name but i doubt i'll renew it next year