Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

investigations 2 was so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

the logo is awful

can we make it better plz

generally the design is not completely successful, but good enough to launch with.

honestly i still suspect this'll go nowhere, but i'm on there and willing to give it a try. it has the upside of complementing the forums in format a bit, where some offsite things are just "lets go post exactly the same way somewhere else".

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Dijkstracula posted:

my tl is 100% photos of bongs right now

on the one hand; good; otoh there might be need for some way of collapsing posts, at least threads, because it does take some scrolling.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh. i'm just dumb turns out, ty.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

i think the first 3 things are intentional. they specifically do not want people spending 23 hours a day going ooooh ahhhhh ohhhhowowowow staring at the pain tablet

yeah, was going to say that something in the realm of 3 (discoverability) would be needed eventually, but tbh it probably makes more sense to let it happen externally and organically.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

anyone happen to know if mathjax has a mode for rendering out into a a copy-pastable single tag? iirc it normally uses a separate css file

e: or a general tool for dumping an element with all its relevant css inlined, which seems something that should be possible enough to already exist?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

aw frig aw dang it posted:

it's a tumblr where you can't post

AlbertFlasher not being able to post there should be a headline feature really

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tbh more and more sold on the css. real myspace vibes.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pseudopresence posted:

I don't fully understand the vibe of cohost yet but this chost (feels weird to type) seems helpful https://cohost.org/Bigg/post/195801-cohost-is-not-meant

yep, good read, still not at all sure it'll get any real traction, but always good to have a thought behind things.

though wasting vast amounts of space does not really make things "cozy", don't see that defense working at all.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that and i hope anyone posting twitter embeds in this thread is immediately banned. from here, cohost, and possibly their homes

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i am perfectly interested in if there is some tos fuckery or such going on at cohost, hardly impossible, but my level of urgency is such that i will read precisely zero tweet threads about it.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

scrolling a bit of cohost had turned into a pleasant daily routine. good posting people!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

please limit your uncontrolled chosting, it is already running so slow, eggbug is dying

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

aww, man, i apparently missed a chaotic night of css scoping breakage art

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i enjoy cohost generally, but tbh even if everything else sucked it'd be worth it for the css nonsense, and this series is just real neat: https://cohost.org/lexyeevee/post/507300-css-for-css-baby-2 (presumably almost everyone has already seen it posted, but for that last person needing it).

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Dijkstracula posted:

i chosted again and the site immediately slowed to a crawl, sorry yall

been enjoying the sat series, kind of impressed how compact you got it. inspiring to get back into that research track.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

really everyone should get on mastodon instead, where the free market of random people hosting the services however they want will surely drive the easiest and most popular option out of business.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i really enjoyed the Numbers(tm) april fools, spent five minutes looking for this thread to say so, but didn't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that said i logged onto cohost for the first time in a bit last week, and had an excellent time reading my feed. hasn't changed, it is a weird past vision of the internet, but there's good people on there.