Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you cant find my page you dont deserve to see my posts

good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

things it badly needs:
1) push notifications. be it web notifications or an app
2) public followers lists
3) some kind of way to see active/popular posts. I know this gets into “algorithm” territory, but right now discoverability isn’t great.
4) better mobile layout. right now I get a full screen of menu when I want to see more posts.
5) public API

i think the first 3 things are intentional. they specifically do not want people spending 23 hours a day going ooooh ahhhhh ohhhhowowowow staring at the pain tablet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

cohost: the social media app designed to be deleted.

im coming to the conclusion this one just isnt for you m8

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Jupiter posted:

yea same, and thanks for following

I also started a secondary page, all about police, fire, military patches:
https://cohost.org/patchpix

ooooOOooo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hell yeah

its chill isnt it

also bc theres no real push or alerts for Engagement i find myself checking it 2-3 times a day, doing my commenting and posting, and then going back to other things. 30000% healthier than dooming with my mouse wheel on twitter all day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tbh i trust cohost more than SA and i'd pay vogon's bail before i bummed any of the haters a smoke. its fine. calm down

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

post hole digger posted:

trust it to do what

i dont know i dont think about social media that deeply. i got more important things to do

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

hey now we've been over this :P

i use it as a sign of disrespect towards internet fools getting upset about nothingburgers. you dont need one too do you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol those are brittle af be careful

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Jupiter posted:

im not familiar with ancient japanese history unfortunately

ah theres a great thing going around on that very topic, might be coming near you

https://www.shenyun.com/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fair ban imo. that tweet's not funny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its a lot of fun and it seems there's a lot of buy-in by the rainbow hacker community, who are my favorite people on twitter, so it's all working out.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its knocked my one line shits way down. which is probably good for me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

ableist website

reminds me of another political group that has exactly one joke

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
neat post. i never followed label politics or anything really, i just know what i like and have impeccable taste :smuggo:

e: also i dont know anything about the scene after like 2006 or so, there are a couple artists i watch for now but thats all

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

while we're on the topic, what do you think about ICON by the Lancer creators?

i have no reference or knowledge of this sorry

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
why?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it does and i use it all the time. just

---

and there u go

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is probably nasty of me but the fundraiser posts are starting to grow in number, and theyre always really long as people plead their case, and i wish it wasn't that way. same with "need a job" posts. i know we're in hellworld recessioin land but feed is starting to bum me out. if i'm an rear end in a top hat for saying this just tell me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just a drive-by. ignore it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hailthefish posted:

yeah the combination of x posts per page + every person you follow who rechosts something causing the whole thing to be duplicated = any time a chost gets popular in your social circle it takes up entire pages of your timeline is not great and I'm glad it's something they're working on

yeah. i'm actually starting to full on unfollow people. Silencing is poorly implemented (i silenced somebody that apparently just shares those money requests i was griping about) so my feed is just full pages of JERK DETECTED!-esque boxes.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mawarannahr posted:

it doesn’t seem like the platform works very well and the page wasn’t updated since 2021, when they said they were funded through 2021. what about 2022, and is there any word on how they actually make money? when will it be stable enough to use?

tell me you dont actually use or know anything about cohost witho

WhEn wiLl iT bE sTaBlE eNoUgh you fuckin nerd, we've been on it for months and it works fine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
theyre not trying to replace twitter. If you aren't interested in tumblr but with CSS crimes, cohost is not for you. full stop

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mawarannahr posted:

eventually, isn’t the lack of a mobile app going to be a limitation on growth and viability of the subscription model?
no

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its my twitter replacement in that "its the social network i primarily hang out on" but can i insult billionaires, hang out with gay VAX hackers, and get a red panda pic every hour in one place? na

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
please go troll some other thread tia

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
exactly

also don't use that word against queer communities maybe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im thinking the cookie thrashing thing mighta been cdn fuckery, cookies and caching are oil and water. but yeah its been fine for me for 2-3 weeks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh interesting ty

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cloudflare, lol

problem with what u posted: "idk man"
origin errors: ITS DEFINITELY THE WEBSITE WE'RE WORKING GREAT LOOK HERE'S A FLOWCHART, ITS THEIR FAULT

i hate their 503 page so loving much

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
maybe, they would have to shut down the cron job running curl -X PURGE https://fastly.com/ceo first

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
That was surprising to me, yes.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean if you dont trust vogon and gang, you dont trust vogon and gang and that's that

if they really did run a decade long op of "being cool and good on twitter on the long play that it falls apart, we start a competitor and then get several hundreds of dollars", i can do nothing but respect their dedication to the craft

I just dont like to see anybody paying cloudfail. their poo poo sucks but there's no alternative for ddos protection for low budget sites

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jony neuemonic posted:

is it possible they were using cloudflare before it became widely known that it sucks? i dunno. they seem alright and i’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

considering that the daily stormer poo poo went down in 2017, no

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah it was big poo poo at fsly when it all happened. i was one of the ppl that regularly kept up on nazi tech bubble drama and would call out "do not sign these customers up" in our questionable accounts channel

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

nrook posted:

what that quote states is that the assc chose to use the nazi cdn because it was much more convenient than its competitors, but that now that the difference in convenience is somewhat less, they plan to move away from it

this is better than the stances held by some of their competitors, I guess, but it’s still not a posture likely to appear in “profiles in courage 2”

i just pulled several eye muscles

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
every single one of u is using """ the nazi cdn """ right now and i dont see a single one of you posting a banme

matter of fact, its possible to use cohost for free but its guaranteed that every single person in this thread has voluntarily given money to a company using the nazi cdn. COMPLICIT.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i tried efforting a bit, zero response, and tl got clogged by those chain reposts. it got boring and very few of them were funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is it shared with the post db? too many copies of doom-as-css in the RDS maybe?