Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils don't look that great so far despite the lead. Vancouver has been better 5v5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Canucks should probably be up at least one lol

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Lmao just an obvious board by Schenn with the ref staring at it. Garbage reffing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Schenn boards two guys and punches someone repeatedly who's tied up by a lineman and the Canucks get a PP out of it just absolute joke league

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Would be nice to see the Devila upgrade Brendan Smith at some point this year. He just sucks

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
God if Hischier got hurt on that dumbass play

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
How tnt not gonna pump up Zuck doing the Jagr salute wearing the pieg

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Rangers jerseys are really beautiful in motion, that red is so striking

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils doing a good job although this looks like your typical Oilers game where McDavid might overcome a 10 or 15 Devils shot advantage

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils were better for like the first 8 of the second and pretty much all of the first. This looks like the Caps game

Gotta finish

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
To be fair the Oilers took over second half of that period. They could easily be up 3 or 4 now

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Three tap ins in a row for both teams and no goals lol

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Vanecek with some big saves to make this possible

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Oilers do look really solid still. When they tilt it, it feels like they're gonna score on everything

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
80 shots in that game tonight, fun game

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Forgot how big of a oval office Zadorov is

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hischier looks so strong this year goddamn Crosbyesque puck protection

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Lol Calgary could have a penalty on just about every shift so far

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mcmagic posted:

Teams are gonna try to play the devils like this I guess.

Jack definitely needs to stay true to his season long strategy of never ever going in the corner this game

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm sure the entire conversation before that faceoff was "hey guys 10 seconds left on this PP watch out making high risk plays with Hanifin coming out of the box" and then Severson goes full Severson

This game is over if their PP is better. Letting them down a bit

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Sieganthaler gets elbowed in the head and the Devils get a penalty

NHL refs are the biggest cowards lol. Nah too many powerplays in a row can't call an elbow to the face

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 6, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

secret volcano lair posted:

I understand that it's difficult to know if the goalie "intended" in his heart to knock the net off its moorings but I kinda feel like that shouldn't matter if there was 0 contact whatsoever and the other team has possession? idk

Yeah it was the second time tonight too when the Devils were swarming. Unfortunately it's almost never called

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Sutter is working these refs so hard. Lol at signaling 5-2 to show how many more PPs the Devils have had

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Game would be over if the powerplay wasn't such poo poo tonight. They've been way better 5v5

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Man there's gonna be some serious depth when Palat gets back. Zetterlund isn't coming out again

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like how Huberdeau is out and Calgary brought in even more miserable cunts who do nothing but take runs

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
lol Calgary could be called for a penalty literally every shift. Two on that last one alone

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Graves is one of those rare defensive d-men where if he gets a ton of time he can actually do something with it

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
the powerplay is so bad right now, it drives me loving nuts when a team gets outnumbered in the corners on a PP, it's happening so much to them

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

secret volcano lair posted:

was going to complain about the devils somehow getting outnumbered on the boards in a 5 on 3 but then they scored

I was fuming when that happened although that was a weird decision by Jack to eat it there (or maybe he just misplayed it, was hard to tell on that side of the ice)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
this game has had just such an absurd amount of interference, at least it's the Devils getting away with it now I guess

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Winning games where they get outplayed too now ?????

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
let the ty smith era begin

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you just know he's gonna end up putting up like 40 points somehow

I like him, I hope he comes up and does well

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils are probably due to lose a game because of goaltending. Ottawas defense is horrific though could easily be like a 4-2 game

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

The Dirty Burger posted:

They gave up a 3rd for Travis Hamonic lol

How has Sanderson looked that was a real nice play on the first goal

Ottawa forwards still look super dangerous but man there's a lot of room for the Devils to skate

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils expected GF is gonna be nuts tonight lol

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It was a sick play by Reilly especially with time expiring and everyone is thinking he's gonna shoot
Nylander also got rid of it super fast and got a lot on it

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
that's legitimately one of the worst holding calls I've ever seen on Bratt, NHL refs are so dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
this is one of the worst reffed games I've seen in years