Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Been skipping around random episodes and have been enjoying it so far. I always like hearing these stories but so much of what’s out there sucks and can be outright boring, so it’s nice to have something that’s well made and fun to listen to. I do think it’s funny how often the episode will start with them saying something like “I actually have sleep paralysis all the time, plagued by it really, so believe me when I say this wasn’t sleep paralysis. Also I was on mushrooms. So anyway about this bigfoot I saw,”

edit: That Eilish Poe series was legit scary

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

That Bigfoot episode is still my favorite of the pod. Completely shifted how I think about what cryptids could be. Yeah the mushrooms undermine their story. But they’re also not here to sell it and don’t need to clean it up for the talk show circuit. Believe it or not, it’s clear these guys don’t care.

I agree with all that and I generally like the episodes where it’s clear they believe it. And the mushroom thing wouldn’t explain everything anyway, it’s just funny they have to admit to it. I had a harder time believing this most recent series honestly since it’s just the plot of Paranormal Activity with the native burial ground trope tacked onto the end.