Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

This is so hosed up. It's so insanely hosed up that nobody is acknowledging what's happening in Ukrainian politics. Every army regiment put in front of the cameras is covered in swastikas, every post-Maidan opportunist politician thinks Hitler is ftw, the sacrifices of millions of Ukrainians to defeat fascism are being written off as Russofascist propaganda while liberal western politicos pose next to Banderite psychos and nobody is mentioning it. Every news org was printing stories of the rapidly rising Nazi risk five years ago and now it's like hey, shut up vatnik, 10% of Ukranians fled their country because they love democracy and can't wait to die for it also, the primary language of half the population is no longer recognised by the government, btw check out these cool pics of the heroes of the Blud Und Soil Brigade being awarded the Order of Bandera First Class for their heroic retreat from New Hampshire, Donetsk Oblast

What the gently caress

war is hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

the standard response or one of them anyway to how are you doing in russian is нормально which always struck me as very funny

it's very funny

speng31b
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm waiting for another Josh Lyman offensive

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

KomradeX posted:

The 352nd Chapo Brigade will fight in the Williamsburg section of Niu York to the Last Joul.

there was a dry boys volunteer brigade in kaiserreich

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

[Ukraine] Escape from Niu York

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

This is so hosed up. It's so insanely hosed up that nobody is acknowledging what's happening in Ukrainian politics. Every army regiment put in front of the cameras is covered in swastikas, every post-Maidan opportunist politician thinks Hitler is ftw, the sacrifices of millions of Ukrainians to defeat fascism are being written off as Russofascist propaganda while liberal western politicos pose next to Banderite psychos and nobody is mentioning it. Every news org was printing stories of the rapidly rising Nazi risk five years ago and now it's like hey, shut up vatnik, 10% of Ukranians fled their country because they love democracy and can't wait to die for it also, the primary language of half the population is no longer recognised by the government, btw check out these cool pics of the heroes of the Blud Und Soil Brigade being awarded the Order of Bandera First Class for their heroic retreat from New Hampshire, Donetsk Oblast

What the gently caress

tankie pamps are overflowing

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Megamissen posted:

Thats what I was thinking of

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Megamissen posted:

didnt they take that out

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Poland did buy them, and some have already been delivered.

Polish procurement has been crazy, which is why in 2022 we had 30% inflation, followed by 15ish % in 2023.

Poland has bought, off the top of my head:

-A bunch of F-35s at $140 million each (US price is quoted as $80m)
-Two French satellites
-1000 Polish IFVs at a price of about $9m each
-A whole bunch of Leopard 2s, which will not be delivered because they aren't made anymore
-So Poland signed a contract for a lot of South Korean K2s, but with a genuinely extensively modified variant that will be made in Poland
-But this will take a long time so they also bought a lot of stock K2s
-They then bought a lot of new production Abrams, which will take many many years before they're even produced
-So they bought a lot of used, post-USMC Abrams, which were going to take a long time to deliver
-So they bought a bunch of Challenger 2s as a stopgap, but I don't think any actually got delivered
-An absurd amount of HIMARS, I think about 400. Lockheed send "thanks, also lol lmao, we make a handful a year"
-Because of the above, 200ish South Korean Chunmoo MLRS. I support this just because Chunmoo is fun to say
-Dozens of Polish 155mm howitzers (the ones that have been exploding in Ukraine because the BAE turret is not compatible with standard NATO propellant charges)
-Hundreds of South Korean 155mm howitzers
-Hundreds of South Korean Redback IFVs

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure there was more.

I would sincerely like if prices of basic goods did not increase literally every time I go to get groceries.

For context, the Life Under Communism Museum in Warsaw claims that 12% inflation that happened once proves the failure of communism, and claims the widespread riots nearly brought down the government. Under capitalism, however, 30% is something everyone just shrugs and accepts as normal and actually Putin's fault. It is similar to how the museum claims 50 people killed by the government over 20 years proves savage brutality and oppression inherent to communism, but in 2020 300-400 deaths a week were actually not significant and proof that Covid is not big deal.

I feel this same way about the grocery store in my country.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

didnt they take that out

i think so thats why i used was instead of is

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

400 himars is enough to conquer europe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

that but with western germany

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
That kind of reminds of the project to divert the rivers flowing into the Aral Sea which resulted in an ecological catastrophe for that sea and people depending on it, but the intented purpose, to use the water for agriculture was evidently such a success that the rivers were never restored. Whenever I see any video or documentary about the Aral Sea it's all about how this communist engineering destroyed the environment, which it surely did, but nothing about the countries currently benefiting from the results of that project.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

What is this from?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grimnarsson posted:

That kind of reminds of the project to divert the rivers flowing into the Aral Sea which resulted in an ecological catastrophe for that sea and people depending on it, but the intented purpose, to use the water for agriculture was evidently such a success that the rivers were never restored. Whenever I see any video or documentary about the Aral Sea it's all about how this communist engineering destroyed the environment, which it surely did, but nothing about the countries currently benefiting from the results of that project.

The actual hilarious projects are using nuclear bombs to create water reservoirs. It worked and created radioactive lakes lol.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Homeless Friend posted:

The actual hilarious projects are using nuclear bombs to create water reservoirs. It worked and created radioactive lakes lol.

dudes rock

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

What? It was irrigation projects in Central Asia, cotton and such like.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Source: Ukrainska Pravda

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/04/27/7453297/

Russians establish foothold in part of Ocheretyne, Berdychi reported captured
KATERYNA TYSHCHENKO — SATURDAY, 27 APRIL 2024, 21:08

The Russians have established a foothold in part of the village of Ocheretyne in Donetsk Oblast. Meanwhile, DeepState analysts have reported that the village of Berdychi in Ocheretyne hromada has been captured [a hromada is an administrative unit designating a village, several villages, or a town, and their adjacent territories – ed.].

Source: Nazar Voloshyn, spokesperson for the Khortytsia Operational Strategic Group of Forces on the national joint 24/7 newscast; DeepState

Quote from Voloshyn: "The enemy managed to break through and establish a foothold in a certain part of this settlement [Ocheretyne – ed.]. Currently, the unit in which the enemy is located is under our fire control. All measures are being taken to drive the enemy out of there, and heavy fighting continues. Units of the Defenсe Forces are monitoring the situation."

Details: Voloshyn said the Russians used four brigades of their armed forces in Ocheretyne.

"On our part, all measures are being taken to stabilise the situation on the Avdiivka front and take back control over Ocheretyne. For this purpose, additional personnel and assets from the reserve have been deployed," the spokesperson said.

At the same time, the analytical project DeepState has reported that the Russians have captured the village of Berdychi south of Ocheretyne.

Quote from DeepState: "The katsaps [a derogatory term for Russians used in Ukraine – ed.] have captured Berdychi, hanging up their rag [the Russian flag] on the western outskirts of the village. Fighting continues west of Berdychi. The Defence Forces are engaged in rearguard battles. It is impossible to hold the contact line in its current form, so withdrawal from the northern outskirts of the village is a forced measure. But the most important thing is to save [the lives of] personnel."

Background:

DeepState had previously reported that the Russians advanced in Ocheretyne on 16 April.
DeepState reported on 26 April that Russian occupying forces advancing from Avdiivka had captured the villages of Soloviove and Semenivka in Donetsk Oblast.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

sullat posted:

What? It was irrigation projects in Central Asia, cotton and such like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVVDtPazGo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1784226686898205181?t=LEDyP_pBB67ch8Wh8gmeoA&s=19

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Holy poo poo! What an era to be an engineer, I can only imagine, the endless possibilities of incredible explosions!

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lol if kony 2024 ends up happening

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Megamissen posted:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/chris__759/status/1784277017568928238
https://twitter.com/chris__759/status/1784277025194205297

the opsec breach is coming from inside the ministry

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Megamissen posted:

Wow, President Kony!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Danann posted:

the opsec breach is coming from inside the ministry

this is what happens when you run a war by influencers for influencers

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Palladium posted:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/cameron19460429/status/1778588758545195239
https://twitter.com/cameron19460429/status/1778653215719911480

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

fizziester posted:

Quote from DeepState: "The katsaps [a derogatory term for Russians used in Ukraine – ed.]

new ethnic slur dropped

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

searching under the couch cushions for $237b in spare change we can use to win the war

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
we couldn't even symbolically fight yemen for more than 4 months, but this is how we can win russia

Palladium has issued a correction as of 03:22 on Apr 28, 2024

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

lol

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Palladium posted:

Reddit-rear end war fought to maximize the likes.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The funny thing is even if he's right it's still gonna take months to spin up production and the lines are collapsing now

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

StashAugustine posted:

The funny thing is even if he's right it's still gonna take months to spin up production and the lines are collapsing now

don't ask why we are discussing lead times now for a war that started 2 years ago

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

GDP-addled brains is very accurate

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Palladium posted:

don't ask why we are discussing lead times now for a war that started 2 years ago

Hell, its not unreasonable to say the war started ten years ago and we're still talking about lead times.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

obliged to remind people there were also over ten thousand casualties and millions of refugees in eastern ukraine from nazi shelling, in addition to the culture war legislation

thats ridiculous surely if such a thing had happened our free and fair media would have told us about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Very depressing it is not clear who or which side the thread title refers to