Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am extremely proud to have contributed the official thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

G7 countries + Australia (basically america- western Europe -Japan) officially adopt price caps on Russian gas and oil

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588279795489439745?s=46&t=AL2Tlynnt40aOqWz6AfWfg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Starsfan posted:

I know what will spice up this thread, I'm going to get Al-Saqr going

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1588107211837956096

speculation from Russian telegram channels that Russia's desertion of Kherson is imminent!

going? brother i literally today just got my first warhammer box in twenty years I’m completely gone to hunt bigger fish to fry. I feel like I’m the cherry on top right now.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Not So Fast posted:

what army did you get, guessing orks of course

kill team recruit edition starter set that includes Krieg imperial guard and Ork Kommandos, if I end up enjoying the game I will upgrade to the gallowdark expansions

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Better be T'au or Sisters of Battle. Or squats.

nah it’s the Kill Team starter set, I’m absolutely gonna get the squat (Votann) kill team if it comes out though, sadly the sisters aren’t interesting in this game yet.

regular 40k is too much of a money and time sink to be payable with normal people, kill team fits the bill much more to normal sane human existence.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also seconding Blowback season 3, absolutely incredible

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the only orphan I wanna talk about is Annie

🎵🎶THE SONNERAD’LL COME OUT

TOMORROW

BET YOUR BOTTOM HRYVNA THAT TOMORROW

THERE’LL BE UKRAINE 🎶🎵

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

CODChimera posted:

if Russia loses Kherson should they just give up?

Putin and zelensky should both give up, come to my house and play 40k with me :hmmorks:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

As a proper leftist with principles, unlike you tankies, I support the struggle of Ukraine for freedom in the same way I support the struggle of the Palestinians for freedom.

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1588250225574957056?s=20&t=mSqGA09V7KXSDwOQhJvHeg

Ah. Well, nevertheless

love it when pro-ukraine folks try to get me to tear my hair out over ukraine when this is what ukraine thinks of people like me.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I feel like this conflict is hurting some people's mental health in a way that the iraq/afganistan war never managed to do. People talk about vietnam a lot as the first war to basically be televised live to america and I wonder if in the future historians will talk about how cartoon internet meme dogs made snuff videos to EDM soundtracks and how that just broke everyone

to be honest I think this situation is the same thing Arabs went through from 2003-2022 where they had unspeakable horrors crimes against humanity live on tv and internet for two decades straight and insane criminals and government troll army propaganda blasted in their faces 24/7 that completely broke everyones brains. along with the nihilist black pilling despair that comes with having the only shot you had at democracy crushed brutally by every major power in the world.

the only reason you’re seeing it now and can’t really can’t escape it is that it’s now white people with a large English speaking diaspora and western governments are getting into the troll propaganda business, none of this is new or surprising. and the same whites being radicalized online by Nazis over this war are the same types as Muslims being radicalized by the American occupation of iraq and the Syria disaster into insane groups like alqaeda or iSIS

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 09:38 on Nov 4, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Vietnam didn't have the same stakes. when NATO looses this conflict it's gonna reorient the entire world order

I think ‘if’ is a better term tbh

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

what is this about an amazon waifu?

I simply spoke my truth and lo, a new thread title

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:37 on Nov 4, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I for one can’t possibly believe that an armed invasion and occupation would do insanely horrific stuff like that.

they can and did btw

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588478706519277568?s=46&t=wntg1GJ2ZfslOFGtSg3zNg

absolutely stunning illustration of the sheer scale of the air bridge nato is doing to keep Ukraine in the fight.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I know what a month is. AZgeololitics is assuming its readers are too ignorant to know Reszow hosts civil flights. That’s why their unsourced chart includes a month’s worth of civil aviation.

why are you mad? shouldn’t you be happy Ukraine is getting a big air armada of weapons?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sayan march?! is Vegeta fighting with the Russians now?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

1) it's Henry Cavill also known forever as Geralt of Rivia

2) Warhammer is a land of contrasts, you either have walking gods of human perfection like myself and Henry, and then you have the walking pulsating Pupae and Squigs that's the majority.

3) fun fact, Peter Cushing the guy who played the admiral Tarkin in star wars a new hope was a huge miniature nerd as well, but obviously far before anything resembling what he have today:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGag8Qllgnw

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I dont get why people think Kanye West is no longer a trendsetter, now everyone is getting into the 'my side are jewish now and not supporting my every whim is anti-semetic' action.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Words have meaning, Words have power, if you change a single word in a sentence it can change everything about what you're saying and how it reflects on you.

For example, here are two phrases with a single subtle word change that effects what you're saying and how you look saying it:-

Al-Saqr is cool = you are correct, you are a man of high intellect and moral fiber.

Paul_Soccer is cool = you are wrong, a dullard and nincompoop.

be careful!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol if anyone thinks that American military foreign policy will actually change when elections happen. America is neck deep and in it to win it over Ukraine.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

isn’t Dendi the Russian Nintendo entertainment system knockoff

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I’m pretty certain if someone blew up my daughter then had a bunch of liberals singing and dancing on Twitter about how car bombing civilians is cool and good now that it’s white people doing it I’d have very solid reasons to believe my opponents are Antichrist great satans.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Back when christianity was still relatively mainstream the prevailing opinion would have been that such people would face judgment for their mortal sins in the afterlife, and if judged necessary go to hell. So hooting and hollaring over bystander innocent deaths would have been somewhat frowned upon, at least to some limited extent.

eh this is pretty wrong both world wars happened when societies were far more ‘Christian’ and conservative. people just suck and use whatever excuse to kill people over. and a lot of middle eastern terrorism was borne out of conservative reaction to police state fascism. or in response to other religious fanaticism (i.e. israel)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol the Europeans all voted against a resolution that combats glorifying Nazism

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588823759640666112?s=46&t=XL4fulbwyU6CWh7zGu5zHw

looks like the whites are gonna be wildin’ out again in the next few years so China and everyone else better get ready

happy to see my shining beacon of freedom country vote against Nazism 💪🇸🇦

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 11:11 on Nov 5, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

violent Christian sectarianism coming back after all this time is such a good gently caress you to Christopher hitchens and all of those other racist weirdo new atheist freaks who had a bone to pick with Islam and no one else.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hmmmm during this war the RWA guy fell in love with trains, I’ve stumbled back into warhammer 40k, maybe we should tell putin/zelensky to never end the war but also never make advances or attacks so at this rate everyone will find nice hobbies and interests outside of Twitter in the lull.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

that would be pretty loving dire if they had to evacuate three million people out of Kiev, not even the Iraqis evacuated Baghdad when the Americans knocked out the power.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hey quick question how quickly would I be permabanned and buried underneath Guantanamo if i openly celebrated aircraft crashing into civilian buildings killing innocent people and said the Americans had it coming because nobody in New York stood against against American imperialism and support for Israel. because that’s what that Twitter freak is doing except he’s white and the target is Russian civilians.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

speng31b posted:

mocking 9/11 is a hallowed tradition on SA, so I feel like it probability depends on how you went about it

you know what I mean, I’m just pointing out that that Twitter guy is a class A psycho for celebrating civilian deaths and saying that Russians deserve to die for not ‘standing up’ to putin or whatever.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

say what you will about Robert mugabe but ending rodesia is an all timer G move

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow this guy is a survivor, completely calm under pressure

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cookie Cutter posted:

My grandad went from the UK to fight in Rhodesia :yikes: didn't tell anyone about it either, just disappeared. Then came back when he was done like nothing had happened. Just a casual bit of ethno nationalist war you see, had to be done.

so did you make sure your grand dad knew his grandson thought he was a piece of poo poo?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

looks like the Russian reserves aren’t going to make any difference, the ukranians pretty much have the Russians figured out and have an invincible defense. I will genuinely be surprised if the Russians manage any major breakthrough even during winter.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

sum posted:

I love how these posts have the tone of someone calling in to sports radio to say that the Bills are frauds who are just going to choke in the playoffs again

the buffalo bills are frauds the Jets are gonna win! if not we’ll just bring in DA BEARS this Christmas!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Freezer posted:

Everyone knows tough, that you are 100% right.

Jose Mengelez posted:

putting al saqr's uncanny huge dick and knack for being super right aside

Guys no need to heap praise, thank you for believing in me, I’ll continue doing my best in being right. :haibrow:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow Ted tall is still around, I literally haven’t heard from him since his 2003 Afghanistan graphic novel

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

PawParole posted:

very bloody battle going on rn

where is this battle and for which town or city is it?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

looks like the Russians are having a hard time in pavlovka

https://twitter.com/mdfzeh/status/1589318289440010240?s=46&t=ms9PuWJPc3nkK7kDMcjHvA

but also they seem to have reached the city center of Marinka

https://twitter.com/mdfzeh/status/1589330267830820864?s=46&t=ms9PuWJPc3nkK7kDMcjHvA

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

who in their right minds can possibly think the Russians are gonna win this if they’re eating tremendous amounts of poo poo and haven’t seriously pierced the front lines that are only 10 kilometers from Donetsk nine months into this. they are completely stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The Russian Army:- Haha jokes on you I was only pretending to be incompetent!