Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Maybe someone just decided the flag was very very dirty and needed a wash?

From all the shelling and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

going? brother i literally today just got my first warhammer box in twenty years I’m completely gone to hunt bigger fish to fry. I feel like I’m the cherry on top right now.

Better be T'au or Sisters of Battle. Or squats.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

nah it’s the Kill Team starter set, I’m absolutely gonna get the squat (Votann) kill team if it comes out though, sadly the sisters aren’t interesting in this game yet.

regular 40k is too much of a money and time sink to be payable with normal people, kill team fits the bill much more to normal sane human existence.

I'd give you my old army, the whole big unpainted and broken mess, but that might be considered trying to send you an addictive substance.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Putin and zelensky should both give up, come to my house and play 40k with me :hmmorks:

I'll join in but you better be buying the snacks.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

OhFunny posted:

In an interesting turn it appears the US is losing out on weapons sales to Europe to South Korea.

Better call Seoul: U.S. watches nervously as Europe turns to South Korea for weapons.

Poland for example won't be buying HIMARS, but Chunmoos instead.

Only makes sense really. US production can't ramp up fast enough to meet demand in areas like that. There's supposedly still wiggle room for helicopters and planes though.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Gradenko I am sorry but I don't trust your giant reposts anymore.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ardennes posted:

If anything the war confirmed they aren’t much of a threat and that European really should be concerned about other matters. Honestly, I think Chinese investment is going to be a long term more important and it energy prices stay elevated, the Russians could get back into the game.

Money talks, and if the USD does erode long term, the EU is going to be looking for Yuan.

Bit late, but why would they be looking for yuan if it's a continually devalued currency by design?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

speng31b posted:

if this retreat actually is a massive failure and large numbers of russian troops are captured or killed crossing the river, the war is probably over

There's already been multiple times where Russia suffered heavy troop losses, why is this time different?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

speng31b posted:

this would be seen as the cumulation of a massive series of fuckups that even most hardcore rashists are acknowledging and freaking out about, and putin has no further levers they can pull for escalation. it would be over.

I mean, yeah, but again the fuckups have been going on for 9 months, and the army just got a bunch of new cannon fodder. I would think the average Russian doesn't care unless more intense mobilization happens. Isn't it more likely they will just fire another local general and keep going on like nothing was wrong?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Conspiratiorist posted:

cuz zel wouldnt sign minks 2 duh

It would be a very different war if it started over a treaty on mink farming.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

that frog really ought to do some squats

Speak for yourself, we are witnessing the perfect shape.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Be silent, tankies. You will take your daily cope rations until you accept al-Saqr Supremacy

This but unironically.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Danann posted:

(from t.me/Slavyangrad/19654, via tgsa)

Russian evacuation done, mostly intact.

These are all sure looking like numbers and I am sure they are all correct.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

WaryWarren posted:

as epic as a Munsk tweet

Oh no Kherson is a crumbling cliff!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Paradox nerds lol

As someone who has played tons of paradox games, this is probably the only post of yours that I think is both good and correct.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

lmao the danes sent a brigade's worth of nazis.

For some reason the only group written with a the before them are the Danish. Like the author wanted to write "the perfidious Danes" or something.

Though the list does look incomplete. Might be down to character limit?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

CongoJack posted:

making the Afghanistan war look efficient
Edit: Doubleposting is bad, mkay.

evilmiera has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Nov 16, 2022

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

euphronius posted:

why the gently caress is Poland in nato anyway
Ask George W Bush, he never forgets it.

CongoJack posted:

making the Afghanistan war look efficient

Well, the US did most of its most expensive fighting in the initial months of that war, in terms of materiel. After that they took every chance they could to pair it down until they needed a surge or a show of force to try and keep up appearances. While the taliban did use mortars and other artillery the war wasn't a massive slugfest for most of its timeline, so yeah I'd imagine a full on war for almost for a year is going to turn more expensive per month as the fighting grows more intense and the US is more secure in the fact that Russia won't just immediately flatten Ukraine and take all their stuff they just donated.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Put covers like that on your tie in novels games workshop, I dare you.

You know what, screw it. Games Workshop, start selling romance novels. Even though half of your characters technically don't have working genitalia or sometimes even circulatory systems.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ah yes, DRM on the Switch, a platform famous for having system resources to spare.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fairly sure investing in Russia is going to be seen as a big ol trap for decades after this no matter what happens.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

speng31b posted:

did you just call the post Soviet shock therapy "investing in Russia"

No this will be post-Putin shock therapy which as we all know would be quite different. It's got a U in it and everything.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

speng31b posted:

i think that post is a joke? afaik ari aster wasnt arrested

It is 100 percent a joke. The Socdems lost power in the last election to a coalition of rightwingers propped up by the far-right.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Watch Ukraine embrace Mormonism out of spite.

You want them to be bored to death?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

What, you don't like dogs?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

lmao i would easily pay twice the listed price for a product that was 100% free of google poo poo

Unfortunately that still means Huaweis own poo poo is in there. Not sure what the alternative for a proper open phone is these days.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

If there's this much confusion over what she meant that is probably the reason it was cut.

(I personally think she meant 100k military personnel in total casualties, which at this point is probably close to accurate).

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

OhFunny posted:

I also took it to mean the emptiness of the talk of how Europe would make massive investments into renewables now that it wouldn't buy Russian petroleum. Because:

https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/status/1598292311938830337?s=20&t=OFOVC2U970VfCryA194cDA

Weird, I'd heard of several turbines being built for semi-large sums. Not as much as is needed, but still a bunch.

https://windeurope.org/newsroom/press-releases/europe-invested-41-bn-euros-in-new-wind-farms-in-2021/

But yeah they absolutely need more. Locally, the reason more isn't being built is down to rightwingers blocking it in favor of the pipedream of swiftly built nuke plants, and a bunch of landowners complaining about wind power ruining their development projects.

Edit: Having read the article you posted, the issue did fall under the second one, permitting obstacles.

Practically everyone wants more wind power except the rich funnily enough.

evilmiera has issued a correction as of 13:40 on Dec 3, 2022

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

One good thing about the team responsible for suppressing inconveniently trending topics on Twitter being locked out of their own building is all kinds of stuff is allowed to trend now that never did before. My browsing habits on Twitter haven't changed, but I'm seeing a ton more #FreePalestine and the like. I'm finding it overall to be much more tailored to my interests, without the garbage that was being obviously pushed from on high and had nothing to do with any actual interactions.

I'm seeing the absolute opposite. Religious content, a bunch of forced memes by supposed CEOs, and things that have jack all to do with anyone I interact with. All propped up by bots.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The prisoner exchange seems like yet another sign that the wests relationship with Russia is thawing. I wonder if we'll see more saber rattling over Taiwan or whether that was just for election season.

I mean most every news outlet I listened to yesterday said some variation of "Doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things" when asked how this has affected US-Russia relations and that was more or less my take too.

Also there was just a big fire and possible explosion in a Russian mall, with some claiming Ukrainian involvement. It was early in the morning so there weren't a lot of people around. Some are saying it was a spark from welding in local construction that did it.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/09/huge-fire-engulfs-shopping-centre-in-russia-after-explosion-17907637/

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

arrow lol. what we really needed was another story about the child of a billionaire whose parents died tragically, ends up being trained by some secret martial artist in the mountains and returns to his city to fight crime. also talks in a husky voice for no reason.

did batman copy arrow, or did arrow copy batman?

Arrow copied Batman I think. They did some story about him taking inspiration from Batman and showing off his Arrow-cave or whatever because it was kinda obvious where he had cribbed it from.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Btw, if Putin dies, Mishustin will take power not Medvedev, Mishustin is also relatively popular and generally seen as competent. In all honesty, it would be an improvement even if Mishustin is also very much a liberal.

How in the world would anyone in Putin's government be qualified as a liberal?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Slavvy posted:

When you don't recognize your own kind

This must be like in Disco Elysium where you meet a fellow communist and no matter how many times you've picked leftist options he still calls you a lib.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

Can anyone find Liz Truss 😂

It would be super funny if the reason people pushed for Liz Truss for PM was so she could stamp all the extremely foolhardy military ops so they'd have someone to blame if/when they get revealed.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Denouncing Stalin is what ultimately destroyed the USSR and I will never be convinced otherwise.

Then maybe it wasn't worth preserving.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ardennes posted:

More than in a jokey sense, do you really actually think the world is in a better place with the collapse of the Soviet Union? I mean really deep down?

Time for a study on GBS syndrome: it's origins, symptoms, and prognosis

Much like the US, if it keeps endorsing and cheering on mass-murderers and power-hungry narcissists, or if that endorsement was the only thing keeping it afloat, then maybe there's something structurally wrong about it and it needs to either change or be replaced by something else.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

the USSR specifically stopped doing that

I was responding to the people who said the USSR collapsed because it denounced Stalin

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Just lol if you don't stan Lenin imo

Lenin certainly beats a bum like Stalin any day of the week

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Nonsense posted:

I’m pretty sure strokes leave you incapable of determining geo-politics.

The time Ron Paul made the most sense was the stroke interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

GlassElephant posted:

Prigozhin is now amplifying the complaints about supplies of artillery shells.

(from t.me/grey_zone/16360, via tgsa)

I imagine part of this is a ploy to seize more resources and control from the regular army.

"a dick (loving)" should be the new thread title