Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1588231372954603520

🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i will never post joe bidens feet

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe we're only on page one and we already have a meltdown

you think THATS a meltdown.....buddy you just wait

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

is this the pro imperialism thread

im going to do an imperialism

speng31b
May 8, 2010

theyre right, turkey is carrying the party

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Amethyst posted:

posting about the ukraine war in a comedy way. putin is wide walking hahahaa they even set it to a "dub step" soundtrack 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

tthere is not a single poster on the previous page worth a single poo poo. this is the most pathetic display of attempted shitposting i've seen in my life. you are all stinking loving nerds posing as jaded policy analysts and your pretend jokes make me god drat sick!!!!!!!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amethyst is right

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Oops, added one to the 2nd post.

https://twitter.com/femalekissinger/status/1587900625509310464

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/2/north-korea-covertly-shipping-artillery-shells-to-russia-us-says

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The CPC letter and the push to deplatform BJG are other examples. It’s wild out there

I have been impressed with BJG's posting energy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Isizzlehorn posted:

Imma eat a probe for taking sides on war zone orphans left in the war zone or put into foster care?

Not sure that's the win they think it is but as long as more of those kids get to live that's all I care about. War sucks and should end, etc.

there was a pretty nuanced discussion of this towards the end of the old thread and no one got slapped. you won't eat a probe for it if you aren't melting your brain out of your ears about it in a QCS thread like a dumbass

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Let's leave the war orphans topic alone for a bit, if you don't mind. Bit of a flash point in the QCS thread.

I'm going to at least post the link to what was said in the old thread so people can see discussion of it is possible without blind insanity if you don't mind. specifically, to my post about how what russia is doing is gross and they say the quiet part out loud about their intentions, but it's also a nighmarish bureaucratic fuckup with few good options

speng31b posted:

https://apnews.com/article/ukrainian-children-russia-7493cb22c9086c6293c1ac7986d85ef6

the main narrative basically just paints a picture of nightmarish bureaucratic fuckups, but some parts like the quotes below were pretty unsettling

quote:

Russia hasn’t given an overall number, but officials regularly announce the arrival of Ukrainian orphans in Russian military planes.

In March, Russian children’s rights ombudswoman Maria Lvova-Belova said more than 1,000 children from Ukraine were in Russia. Over the summer, she said 120 Russian families had applied for guardianship, and more than 130 Ukrainian children had received Russian citizenship. Many more have come since, including a batch of 234 in early October.

Lvova-Belova has said these children need Russia’s help to overcome trauma that has left them sleeping badly, crying at night and drawing basements and bomb shelters. She acknowledged that at first, a group of 30 children brought to Russia from the basements of Mariupol defiantly sang the Ukrainian national anthem and shouted, “Glory to Ukraine!” But now, she said, their criticism has been “transformed into a love for Russia,” and she herself has taken one in, a teenager.

“Today he received a passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation and does not let go of it!” she posted on Telegram on Sept. 21, along with a photo. “(He) was waiting for this day in our family more than anyone else.”

Lvova-Belova has been sanctioned by the United States, Europe, the U.K., Canada and Australia. Her office referred the AP to her reply in a state-owned news agency that Russia was “helping children to preserve their right to live under a peaceful sky and be happy.”

In August, a post from a senior official at the Moscow Department of Labor and Social Protection thanking the Russian foster families declared: “Our Children...Now they are ours.”

speng31b has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Nov 3, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

war is gross. full stop.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

6,614 posts behind on the previous thread, any actually interesting war developments between then and now?

pretty sure the kherson standoff is still brewing

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

i was aware of it but probably too young to appreciate it, 25% cognisant i would say, which is probably a godsend because if i wasn’t i’d probably have pulled my hair out and gone insane over the past few years especially now

even if you werent old enough to remember the runup you should still be able to remember the smug liberals selectively rewriting history to pretend they were anti-war the whole time with regards to Iraq and bludgeoning republicans with that baton, and those same people now hooting and hollering for more debasement and bloodshed. more weapons, unlimited weapons, murder the rashists, nuke them, etc.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

Sorry but putins feet are better than zelenskys at least from a technical standpoint

putin's are of sturdier construction but lack zelenskyys phalangeal dexterity

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1588309029691871232?s=20&t=AMunl6JhlCMYhhXM4L-qjA

speng31b
May 8, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

Sure zelensky could play Nintendo with his tootsies but it would be harder to knock putin over which I think is more useful

zelenskyy gonna kite putin all day

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Hoooooly gently caress that's harrowing.

her mentions from NAFO are a lot worse, that's just the one she curated to post lol.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Putin's feet look like little kid feet to be honest, that said, Zelensky probably needs need a wider shoe, you can tell looking at his fourth and little toes.

if you wanna kick someone in the shin, sure, go with putin's sturdy stompers. but that'll only get you so far. lil Z has a slight edge in an unobstructed area.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

serious question can I still call Azov et all nazis ?

plenty of nazis to go around, call em when you see em bud

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

posting about the 🇺🇦 war in a comedy ↕️. putin is wide hahahaa 👩‍👩‍👦‍👦 even set it to a "dub soundtrack 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 💩 go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if do ƽaү 🆘 my self 💯 say 🆘 💯 thats 😦 im about there there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mmmmmꮇм💯 👌👌 👌нo0оଠoooooоଠଠooooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌good 💩
tthere is not a 🇸🇮 poster 🔛 the ⬅️ page worth a 🇸🇮 💩. this is the most pathetic 💻 of attempted shitposting i've seen in my life. 👉 all stinking loving nerds posing as jaded policy analysts and your pretend jokes make me god drat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

majorian come on now. behave. ** waggles finger putinishly **

speng31b
May 8, 2010

crepeface posted:

majorian you gotta stomp the people explicitly threadshitting harder. if they're jumping in now while the current status quo has the backing from admins and el jeffe, it's only going to get worse when management isn't so focused on this thread

amethyst was right. goddamn tankies worst enemy is a mirror

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dirty bomb? Nope

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/3/un-inspectors-find-no-sign-of-dirty-bomb-in-ukraine

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Corky Romanovsky posted:

watching the ever shrinking media landscape, BJG getting threats, etc.: guess I will be grilling until some true and pure investigative journalist manifests from the æther

you're going to be waiting awhile. long enough for the consequences of funneling endless weapons into a conflict to emerge, and liberals to reconstruct the reality around their current pro war opinions to pretend they were very concerned about it the whole time

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Wow, a weapon with no strategic value to winning the war, but also being a huge nuclear escalation wasn't used?

That's crazy, makes no sense.

yeah, it's almost like dirty bombs aren't real and never have been. makes ya think

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I think people need to define what they mean by "imperialist" (or come up with another term). In this content, the term is almost always used to attempt to draw some sort of parallel with the US.

it's when an empire does something, hth

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dixon Chisholm posted:

How many empires exist in the world right now?

all of them

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

can someone make it their gimmick to post D&D battlemaps of orcs vs human paladins with analysis on the war. I always wanted that for the old thread but I'm too poo poo a poster to do it

you're not allowed to talk about d&d

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dixon Chisholm posted:

First sensible post you've made.

the thread has had this debate 3 times before and each time, after much hemming and hawwing, has very seriously decided that "imperalism is best defined as when an empire does a bad thing." don't point at me i'm just the lorekeeper here.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

5th ed is pretty good

E: poo poo!!

mods !!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

im going to start syqing d&d

monster manual, players handbook, all of it. that'll show em

speng31b
May 8, 2010

These are no hit-and-run skirmishers or snipers. Orcs are brutes. They’ll charge, they’ll fight hand-to-hand, and they’ll retreat only with the greatest reluctance when seriously wounded. (Being fanatical valuers of physical courage, orcs—unlike most creatures—are more willing to fight to the death.)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

If Minsk 2 had been upheld thousands of Ukrainians wouldn't be dead, thousands of Russians wouldn't be dead and Europe wouldn't be in danger of freezing while going broke. The war is going to end with a pen and paper eventually but the money had to get its' way. loving poo poo sucks. Our leaders are monsters.

Any parley with the orcs will be brief (no more than a handful of chances to cajole, bluff or bully them) and somewhat one-sided, as the orcs will issue nothing but demands and threats. At this point, any hostile action on the PCs’ party, including moving closer than 30 feet for any reason, will end the parley immediately and initiate combat. But a smooth talker may be able to stave off an attack by making a Charisma (Persuasion) check with disadvantage—against DC 15, say, or maybe DC 20 if the orcs are there for a specific purpose, such as guarding something or staking a territorial claim. If it succeeds, the orcs’ attitude will shift from hostile to indifferent; if it fails, however, give the party only one more chance to successfully reach a détente.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

my main aim when running D&D is getting drunk and protecting my npcs from the neverending advances of horny

what kind of dnd games are you running?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The last horny session was a wild party at a mansion and one of my players was sexually harrassing one of the live performers, they were very interested in her feet and other body parts also, but mainly the feet. I've also had other players have sexual advances laid upon them while taking a piss or ripping a bong or whatever players do when I'm talking too much

you're running d&d seshs at wild mansion parties with horny creeps? this entire scenario isnt making sense in my head

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CODChimera posted:

how have we already strayed off topic?!

oh what like you've never dm'd a horny dnd mansion party, get off your high worg

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

My current D&D game revolves around the rights of artificially constructed people and the responsibilities of their creators with the underlying question of do all people deserve a cultural homeland at any cost. Its pretty good.

oh word like that every episode of star trek tng featuring data

e: sorry i dont mean to rip on your campaign that was rude / petty. i'm sure it's very good. but how horny is it

speng31b has issued a correction as of 02:28 on Nov 4, 2022

speng31b
May 8, 2010

another day, another russia still shelling its own nuclear plant article lol

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/3/kyiv-says-zaporizhzhia-plant-off-grid-as-russia-strikes-again

at this point the IAEA's gotta be just completely over this whole situation

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I'm just excited to have my favorite thread back.:allears:

i was gonna post something mean but i decided to be nice instead. 11 pages of beautiful discourse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

SourKraut posted:

Don't worry, I received this sneak preview of Zelensky in Kherson this winter:

you know what happens to the character of Boromir...right? also Tolkien wrote that they were only able to retake osgiliath because Boromir was an idiot who fell for a feint attack to distract from what was going on in the main plot. The whole point of that thing was to show that Boromir was a shortsighted dumbass focused on hollow self important victories and not the important stuff

anyways, yeah, good metaphor lol