Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

wynott dunn posted:

going to drunk drive the holodomor bus

If any of you says the holodomor bus isn't real I'm gonna go loving SUPER SAIYA-JIN. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Encouraging to see the long-suffering nations of the world casting off the shackles of western oppression and white imperialism. A better world is possible!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Chamale posted:

Presumably photos and artifacts from the Great Soviet Famine. The propaganda aspect of the Holodomor is the claim that it was deliberately engineered to exterminate Ukrainians, but there's absolutely no dispute that there was a famine. And the prioritization of food aid to industrialized cities meant that eastern Ukraine, western Russia, and Kazakhstan were hit particularly hard.

Do they ever say why the USSR stopped doing the thing they were doing 100% deliberately

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Starsfan posted:

it's rumored that Stalin was visited in his dreams by communist Jesus

So, Jesus

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

CODChimera posted:

not weird if you consider the online war

Hey we are tripping over our lips here trying to win this thing by removing disagreement from the discourse

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

From ages ago but what the hell was up with the shotgun shells in candy bar wrappers :confused:

I mean, I've only ever seen that in armies that were immediately about to win their war :rolleye:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

"experts estimate that Russia has lost and regained the mandate of Al-Saqr at least 50,000 times in 2022 alone"

Hearts and minds, my friend. Also losing and regaining the same 10 square miles of ground 5000 times counts as 50,000 mi/sq total of Fully and Irrevocably Recaptured Territory

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I mean, if Ukraine is banning the russian language and replacing statues of Trotsky with Optimus Prime and poo poo why shouldn't Russia open a museum?

Doing actual cultural genocide and replacing it with lovely American pop culture is not something I thought I'd live to see and it makes me ashamed to be Ukrainian tbh

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I think we could all do with a little Good News for Ukraine...

https://twitter.com/StarskyUA/status/1690774134379216896
That certainly is good news! And those invaders that escaped with their lives and all their equipment? Gone forever, never to cause trouble again! :dumb:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Is the scholarly consensus that in spite of the directed efforts of the Soviets, there was simply too much food growing out of the ground to facilitate famine?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Best Friends posted:

the scholarly consensus on if the Holdomor was intentional is effectively illegal to say in many western countries and also most parts of this website

It is? Wow, I didn't know that, you're telling me for the first time. It was a horrible holodomor, what can you say. Whether you agreed or not, it was a horrible holodomor that took a lot of lives. Please enjoy this picture I made myself, which is as funny as it is true. Thank you very much

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

it's feeding people, but the crop is not valuable... who can say whether it's good or not

If you turn it into fuel instead of feeding people with it, it becomes good again!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The Artificial Kid posted:

We should get rid of all forms of regulation.

The countries that tout the Rules Based International Order have turned the very concept itself into a joke through their conduct. More aptly stated, it's the "rules for thee but not for me" international order. Western countries do what they want, everyone else has to navigate a maze of foul lines lest they find themselves the target of regime change (notice only they have regimes, we just have legitimate governments)

Plus deregulation efforts are fiercest in these countries and oh wait there's a possibility you were completely serious

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Oh my god I forgot about the rationalizations for giving cluster munitions :psypop:

I mean this in the most serious way for anyone who was in support of that, or for any aspect of continuing the war- you all are going to hell!!!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

KomradeX posted:

Has media really rotted everyones brains to the point that a feel good underdog story has convinced them that a country with a smaller population, and devastated industrial base can beat a country with a larger population and most importantly, a larger industrial base

Didn't you see Miracle on Ice? It was based on a true story!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Slavvy posted:

Didn't read

Have you considered that Political people are not able to accurately gauge the material realities like you have? 'Get NATO involved' is definitely the plan but nobody said plans have to make sense or be possible at all. Many such cases!

I wonder what goes through the minds of the career Pentagon people who have made it their life's work to advance America's interests through direct or indirect military dominance, now having to deal (and ally) with the insane, irrational, bellicose, totally coked out Ukrainian leadership- having to temper their constant requests for more and better weapons including actual nukes to trigger a planet ending eschaton, with their own objectives which are limited to geopolitically hobbling Russia. The fact that even the Air Force folks aren't going for it should tell you how nuts the leadership is. They must be thinking, Jesus, these people are even crazier than we are! :stare:

Ukraine needs new leadership that will not only protect its own people but stop menacing the people of Earth with the spectre of nuclear war.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Ardennes posted:

I doubt very much Muscovites are living in fear of drones though, they are going to be at best an annoyance and only give the government more control over the situation.

I'm sure the Russians will react as Americans did when their country was attacked on 9/11- rationally determining the attacks to be a culmination of failed leadership and bankrupt national ideology, leading to a change in government and a new, peaceful humanitarian-focused foreign policy. They definitely won't just go "please gently caress up whoever's doing this" and turn the murder machine up to 11

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Can't take it... so much... good news!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0FnfGblLr8

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

"Hypermarket" is a cool word that I'm sad we don't use. It evokes futurism and abundance

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

70 days to reach the defensive lines after not being able to breach the outpost line, and losing a corps to do it.

What are they planning to fight through those lines with?

The smaller the fighting force, the greater chance for success through subterfuge. Prigozhin marched on Moscow with a few thousand ragtag troops, something even Hitler couldn't do with more than a million. Just imagine what Ukraine can do with twenty good men.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Personally, I am in favor of food getting to the countries that need it.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Some Guy TT posted:

pfft thats awfully speculative its not like there was another country also led by a man hated by the united states government where we actually succeeded in a rebel led regime change that immediately collapsed into open air slave markets and a vastly destroyed standard of living once he was actually removed from power

anyway this is all quite off topic we should be discussing how important it is that ukraine never surrender in the face of russian aggression since everyone knows that any putin led peace agreement will cause ukraine to immediately collapse into open air slave markets and a vaslty destroyed standard of living compared to just letting the war go on indefinitely

I think both indoor and outdoor slave markets are bad tbh

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

bedpan posted:

the Polish disease

What the hell!!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I read regarding North Korea that the geography of the country itself is the main factor preventing it from being able to grow all the food it needs and regardless of the system of government it would still be a net importer

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Only DeSantis could go to Russia

mawarannahr posted:

they're pretty close to St. Petersburg anyway

heh

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Slavvy posted:

There is a cockpit video out there of a Russian plane dropping glide bombs while flying really high and level so I guess those leaked docs were right about the state of Ukraine's long range SAMs

I have it on good authority that western Sams remain a firm column of long-range support in the war effort. :sam:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

stephenthinkpad posted:

Taiwan is honorary west.

Looking forward to visiting Taiwan (province of People's Republic of China) someday.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Need to workshop more.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Al! posted:

you gotta throw a lot of poo poo at the wall and see what sticks

Certain people don't like me being constantly 100% correct about Ukraine so the bar for what's an acceptable post from me is a lot higher :mad:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

IRL I am Dmitri Medvedev and there isn't a goddamn thing any of you can do about it!!!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Capitalism as a mechanism to provide quality goods was destroyed the moment scarcity entered the equation. gently caress your frozen dairy dessert and give me some goddamn ice cream!!! :mad:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

So called "freedom of choice" and I still can't get Blue Moon ice cream where I'm at. Capitalism is a failed system and a disgusting, embarrassing mess.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Popy posted:

americans(me) need their treats or they throw tantrums

I will never stop terrorizing the world until I have the flavor I want :mad:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

If it's only a 16-17 month low we must infer that the ruble was actually doing worse before the war

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

Americans don’t even have Orange Pineapple or Tiger Tail but think they’re free smh

OG blue licorice is the real GOAT but they started adding ribbons of black licorice to it and now it sucks :negative:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Love waking up to good news :coffeepal:

e: wait, I read it, and the news wasn’t good at all! :mad:

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Aug 15, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1691434642941808640

Comments saying that this is up for Ukraine to decide. But it isn't, not really.

How can a country surrender something it doesn't own in the first place

*dusting myself off and coughing up dirt* Yeah I guess you can keep my lunch money... this time...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Doc Hawkins posted:

i didn't know they did that

looks like they also made the necromunda shooter that looks pretty good

Necromunda my nuts!!! :hehe:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

VoicesCanBe posted:

I'm pretty sure Russia currently will refuse any terms other than "you throw yourselves at our mercy and we dictate terms that you accept without question"

Whether that's a reasonable position or not is up for debate but at minimum it's slightly more realistic than the Ukranian maximalist position of "Russia withdraws, pays us reparations, and also balkanizes"

There’s a simple way to end this war, and it’s if Putin. Goes. HOME :rant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

You can't not post the whole thing

quote:

A new idea for Ukraine has emerged from the North Atlantic Alliance office: Ukraine will be able to join NATO if it gives up the disputed territories.

It does look like an interesting idea. The only problem is that all of – supposedly – their territories are highly disputable. And to enter the bloc, the Kiev authorities will have to give up even Kiev itself, the capital of Ancient Rus.

And their capital thus should be moved to Lvov. That is, if Polacks agree to leave Lemberg to the fans of lard with cocaine.

The lard I'm guessing refers to Ukrainians' love of pork salo, the cocaine likely referring to Zelensky's love of cocaine :cocaine: