Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Buschmaki posted:

I think a non-unipolar world would be cool, I don't know if those are the countries that I, personally, would have picked.
Yeah, there's a lot to be said for balancing out American influence in world affairs. But when I look at the alternatives some vocal "anti-imperialists" pose—heinous, authoritarian, imperialist powers, all—I think I prefer trying to fix the flawed, cosmopolitan liberal democracies in the West over handing the reins over to ostentatious monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Cugel the Clever posted:

Yeah, there's a lot to be said for balancing out American influence in world affairs. But when I look at the alternatives some vocal "anti-imperialists" pose—heinous, authoritarian, imperialist powers, all—I think I prefer trying to fix the flawed, cosmopolitan liberal democracies in the West over handing the reins over to ostentatious monsters.

:emptyquote:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:hmmyes:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just wish the Concert of Nations, which completely ended war and caused no problems in Europe or the wider world, could exist again but better

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think a tripolar world with fascists at a pole would be a great idea.

Yes I did just fall down the stairs and poo poo self why do you ask

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

I just wish the Concert of Nations, which completely ended war and caused no problems in Europe or the wider world, could exist again but better

Eurovision really has gone astray of its founding principles...

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

In before "They're only ostentatious monsters because of America"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Russia unfortunately probably has more prisoners, political prisoners, and just normal people who are willing to risk death for a chance out of poverty than the AFU has soldiers is the basic math

You seem to have missed the second part of the statement past manpower.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Is a Non-polar world an option? Just pure chaos.

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001

Deki posted:

I'd like at least 2 poles.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The multi polar world with Poland and Peru as the poles

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It worked for Zapp Brannigan against the killbots. I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

"Thank you Major General Zapski Braninsky, so we bleed them to surrender as we have three times the population." <Keeps doing massed assaults with 1:5 losses>

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

In before "They're only ostentatious monsters because of America"
Pretty much lmao

With obnoxious Russia stans it's always, loving always, "WHATABOOOOOOT AMERIKKKA" :d2a: whenever confronted with evidence of the brutality and crimes inflicted on the Ukrainians as well as their other neighbors (Chechnya, Georgia, and Moldova come to mind in particular) or else it's bizarre coping saying "oh so sad this happened but if Ukraine surrenders now the suffering will be over" as though nobody saw what happened in Bucha, Mariupol, Izyum, or literally almost every settlement on occupied territory. I remember hearing a horrifying statement in a news article that when Ukrainian forces were combing the recently liberated land in Kharkiv oblast, hardly a village didn't have its case of multiple people being shot and killed or tortured to death (I think in the words of the soldier who was being interviewed, it was basically 'almost every village we went to, had its own Izyum').

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Deki posted:

We'd have to fill the oceans with carbon tetrachloride.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
what's up with that raccoon they stole

zone
Dec 6, 2016

alcatraz gently caress boy posted:

It was just Russians being Russians. That raccoon along with the rest of the zoo animals (those guys who took it actually considered it a mascot of sorts) that didn't get eaten by the occupiers ended up somewhere in Crimea. I think it actually bit Stremousov's finger (ex-head of occupied Kherson) before it ended up somewhere in either Sevastopol or Simferopol.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

alcatraz gently caress boy posted:

He was forced into service to assist Putin's chef, but has subsequently been sent to the front in order to facilitate the advance of Wagner against the NATO homosatans.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Let metrosexual chaos quell the cycle of cishet violence

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Traditional values, but what if the traditional values are poo poo and rear end and war, what then huh?

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/OlgaOfUzhhorod/status/1628778489930297345
In the latest entry of gifts given to the families of departed mobiks comes..... shaving cream and shampoo. I wonder if they'll let those families even keep these gifts, given we found out already they took back the (fake) fur coats.

"You are stinky and hairy. Thank you for your contribution to the war effort special operation"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Der Kyhe posted:

"Thank you Major General Zapski Braninsky of third platoon, so we bleed them to surrender as we have three times the population." <Keeps doing massed assaults with 1:5 losses>

Ftfy

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
It's 24 Feb 2023 and Ukraine is still free. Can I get a Слава Україні! up in here?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Karate Bastard posted:

Traditional values, but what if the traditional values are poo poo and rear end and war, what then huh?

More like trashitional values :ocelot: :grin:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

zone posted:

Even Budanov confirmed that.

ARE YOU A BUDANOV DUDE TO RESCUE THE TSAR?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Cugel the Clever posted:

It's 24 Feb 2023 and Ukraine is still free. Can I get a Слава Україні! up in here?

Героям слава! :ukraine:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

idgi

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tapestry version of https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/proofster

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gejnor posted:

Hmm yes, next, split China into two nations, Western Taiwan and Tibet.

Fixed!

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Alchenar posted:

That map looks extremely fake and I don't know why people are treating it seriously. There's obvious bad airbrushing over Zaporizhzhia and Kherson, demilitarized zone has clearly been added in paint.

It's obviously not a government production and is something that's been mocked up by someone really quickly to make the Chinese proposal look worse (not that when you try to sketch out what China's peace plan looks like in practise you don't end up with a map that looks a lot like that).

The funny thing is that the twitter that posted it is extremely pro-Russia and seems to think it makes the proposal look better.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

War widow gifts continue to bring the hits.

Sorry for the great loss you and your family have suffered. I've brought you a wonderful hair product to ease the pain. Dead and Smoulders! I mean Head and Shoulders! poo poo!

Don't open it right away. We need the bottles back after the photo...

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/PaulJawin/status/1629148358710263808
https://twitter.com/SalmelaJS/status/1629149671036801026
Now in addition to bringing out ancient 'armored' vehicles they're bringing out ancient radar systems. But I guess they're still winning, right?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
If someone assasinates Putin they will get a block of frozen fish, a sausage, and a photo op with the same cash that those widows got to pose with so I mean the incentive is right there

I killed him the other night- where's my god drat fish block and sausage you fucks! (the money is worthless though haha you can keep that poo poo)

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 24, 2023

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

So 24 Feb was war start day, but 23 was considered the end of Euromaidan. In Kyiv there's an art display of a, slightly dramatized depiction of what it might have been like for various people

"Body and soul, we will lay them down for our freedom!" "Citizens! Approaching police officers closer than three meters will be considered an action..."

"Kyiv, Rise up!"

It's in Independence Square, which still bears scars but looks quite different than it did at the time

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

zone posted:

Honestly at this point, only America and China form the two poles per se of the world. India needs to grow a backbone and grow up just a little instead of falling for memes about Hindu nationalism and fan fiction from our ancient holy books. Though that might honestly take several decades of work still, sadly. It's mainly the drat nationalism and thinking we're bigger than we really are in practical terms that got us to where we are. Also, more people need to get a good education and to get uplifted out of poverty to make at least a decent living, though we've come a long way on both these fronts since the last 15 years or so. If only this much is done, it'll be a solid enough foundation to build up on from then. I hope I can see it happening in my lifetime.
Jai Hind!

Looking forward to finding out that saying has horrible political connotations these days that I cannot possibly understand

I lived in India for admittedly less than a year, but it was when I was 5/6, so most of my earliest memories are of India. My parents also spent enough years in India to watch and talk (endlessly) about the progress from the 1960s to 1990s and it really is something else. I will always be rooting for the minimizing of virulent nationalism pretty much everywhere (countries currently at war to try to repel Russia notwithstanding)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

is this too long for the thread title

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dr. Quarex posted:

Jai Hind!

Looking forward to finding out that saying has horrible political connotations these days that I cannot possibly understand

I lived in India for admittedly less than a year, but it was when I was 5/6, so most of my earliest memories are of India. My parents also spent enough years in India to watch and talk (endlessly) about the progress from the 1960s to 1990s and it really is something else. I will always be rooting for the minimizing of virulent nationalism pretty much everywhere (countries currently at war to try to repel Russia notwithstanding)

Thank you for your kind words. I was born in 1990 and I've lived here essentially my whole life. Though I have left the country from time to time to visit other parts of the world, albeit less in the last few years for obvious reasons.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I'm gonna go get that raccoon

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Listening to Wind of Change and lolling lmao

Me after switching up my home cooking with some taco bell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
'Rascal' by Sterling North was a favourite book as a child it's time I fulfill my destiny